TOP 10 Best Food Storage Containers: Comparison Chart
The Best Stackable Food Storage Containers – Rubbermaid Review
- Rubbermaid brilliance; 100 percent leak proof, airtight food storage containers feature crystal clear, bpa free triton plastic that offers 360 degree clarity, and helps keep food fresh and secure
- Food containers are clear like glass so you can always see what’s inside, but are light and easy to carry; Stain and Odor resistant material keeps plastic food container looking like new
- Brilliance plastic containers have built in vents under the latches that allow splatter resistant microwave reheating with the lid on
- Bpa free containers stack perfectly to one another to save space and stay organized in the fridge or cabinet, and are safe for the dishwasher and freezer; Lifetime
- Set includes two 0.5 Cup, two 1.3 Cup, two 3.2 Cup, and one 9.6 Cup containers, plus lids, for a total of 14 pieces
Best Airtight Food Storage Containers - FullStar Review
- 14 PIECE SET includes 14 containers with 14 lids. Store and transport entrees and soups confidently with our revolutionary snap-lock containers. Also great for small arts and crafts supplies like beads.
- 3 SIZES fulfill all your storage needs. Includes (2) 59oz rectangular container [7.4 cups]; (6) 25oz rectangular containers [3.2 cups]; (6)11oz rectangular containers [1.4 cups]
- LEAKPROOF 4-hinge locking system forms an airtight, watertight seal between container and lid. Never endure spilled food in your lunch bag again. Translucent design allows easy identification of contents.
- Plastic contains no BPA, phthalates or other toxins to leach into food. Fullstar Containers are refrigerator, freezer, microwave safe (base only, NOT lid, under 5 min, under 700 Watt,*for at least half-full container). SPACE-SAVING utilization of freezer and cupboard area. Fullstar Food Storage Containers make efficient use of every inch of your home kitchen because they are stackable and nesting.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - Please, if you have any questions or issues regarding the fullstar food storage containers please do not hesitate to send the seller a message through Amazon we will respond within 24 hours.
Best Long Term Food Storage Containers – Wildone Review
- [SET INCLUDES] - This set Includes 4 small containers(54.1 fl.oz/1.6L), 2 medium containers(121.8 fl.oz/ 3.6L), 1 measuring cup(8.5 fl.oz/0.25 L), 20 chalkboard labels and 1 marker pen, allowing you to organize your kitchen and pantry like never before.
- [SECURE SEALING] - Each storage container features an airtight 4 sided-locking system resulting in a watertight and airtight seal, keeping your cereal super fresh.
- [HIGH QUALITY]- Made of high-quality food grade plastic, BPA free, contain no harmful substances. The durable plastic containers can be used for a long time, good for you and safe for your family.
- [MULTIPURPOSE] - These containers are suitable for storing flour, sugar, rice, nuts, beans, cereal, snacks, pet food, or anything else you may need to store. Plastic storage container can be used as bakeware containers or be refrigerated. Microwave(Less then 212F), freezer & dishwasher safe.
- [SEE THROUGH & STACKABLE] - The clear storage containers body are durable enough for long-lasting use, you can quickly see what inside just at a glance. These containers also have a stackable and modular design, will save you a ton of space in your pantry fridge, freezer or cabinets for better kitchen organization.
The Most Affordable Dried Food Storage Containers – Seseno Review
- Keep your food dry and safe with The SESENO Plastic Cereal Containers
- Airtight 4 Side-locking lid to seal the container firmly and protect your food from pests, as well as moisture and air oxidization.
- Made of high-quality food grade plastic, BPA-Free, non-toxic and safe from any harmful materials.
- Big enough to store a box of cereal,container capacity 4L, 16.9 Cup, 135.5 Ounce
- Suitable for Cereal, Flour, Sugar, Coffee, Rice, Nuts, Snacks, Pet Food & More
Best Glass Food Storage Containers - GlassLock Review
- Includes Rectangle 1 x 6.3 cup plus 2 x 3.5 cup plus 1 x 1.6 cup Square 1 x 3.3 cup plus 1 x 1.5 cup Round 1 x 3.1 cup plus 1 x 1.6 cup plus 1 x 0.7 cup
- Oven-safe and microwavable
- Airtight and Leak-proof
- BPA free and recyclable
- Different sizes to meet your storage needs
The Cutest Glass Food Storage Containers - Pyrex Review
- Solve your storage with this multi-size set of glass dishes for fridge or freezer, with airtight lids. Pure Pyrex glass stands up to the microwave and dishwasher use after use, and because its stain- and odor-resistant, it stays clean and preserves your food’s fresh flavors.
- Easy to read measurements in cups, ounces and milliliters. Features a curved spout for precise pouring and easy-grip handles for comfort
- Durable high-quality tempered glass is dishwasher, freezer, microwave and preheated oven safe
- Nonporous glass won’t absorb food odors, flavors, or stains
- BPA free secure-fit plastic lids are freezer, microwave and top-rack dishwasher safe
Elegant Plastic Food Storage Containers for Pantry – Rubbermaid Review
- Rubbermaid Modular Food Storage Containers can hold pasta, baking ingredients, or other pantry staples; save space and keep pantry organized
- Great for pet food; easy to clean and scoop food from, and tight lids keep out moisture and humidity
- Lids snap tight to help keep food fresh
- Containers stack for compact storage
- Thick, durable container walls for everyday use
Best Dry Food Storage Containers – OXO Review
- 4.0 quart Container is the ideal size for a 5 Pounds bag of flour or sugar
- These airtight, space saving storage containers keep your dry foods fresh and your pantry organized
- Push the button for an airtight seal, push again to release. Button pops up to double as a built in handle
- Shaped for maximum space efficiency; these stackable, modular canisters can be completely customized to fit any space
- Each size is perfectly calibrated to store common household staples including cereal, flour, sugar, pasta, rice, coffee, nuts, snacks and more
The Best Food Containers For Lunches - MealPrep Review
- THE PERFECT GLASS MEAL PREP CONTAINER - built in dividers create three compartments to separate your food for the best meal prep experience and portion control
- ECO-FRIENDLY & DURABLE - beautiful, non-toxic, stain-proof glassware provides superior safety, sturdiness and convenience
- AIRTIGHT & LEAKPROOF - each snap locking BPA-free lid comes with built in silicone gasket keep food fresh and free from spills
- PERFECT PORTIONS & PORTABILITY - Each glass container is 35 oz. Large enough to fit one meal, yet saves space, and travels easily
- MICROWAVE, OVEN, FREEZER, & DISHWASHER SAFE - easy heating, storage, and cleaning, including oven use up to 450°F
The Best 16 Piece Snack Set – Snapware Review
- Smaller size glass containers are the perfect size to keep snack items organized.
- Set includes (4) 1-cup Round Containers with Lids and (4) 2-cup Round Containers with Lids
- Airtight, leak-proof lids with 4 locking tabs are BPA-free and are top-rack dishwasher, freezer and microwave safe
- Containers resists stains and does not absorb food odors or flavors
- Built-in Write + Erase label on lids
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About the Best Food Storage Containers
Benefits of Food Storage Containers
- Food containers protect food from microbial growth leading to food poisoning.
- Food cooked and chilled within two hours of preparing stays unspoilt, fresh, tasty, and nutritious.
- Storing food in the best food storage containers 2020 helps avoid food wastage in turn saving money.
- Allow you to carry well balanced homemade food with you to work and to school.
- Plastic containers can be recycled without throwing them after single-use.
- Best food storage containers can store all kinds of food
Which Plastic Containers Are Safe For Food Storage?
- Plastic containers have small triangles underneath them with a number. This number is the resin identification code, and it usually is between 1 and 7. The safest containers are with numbers 1, 2, 4, and 5.
- Avoid using plastic containers with numbers 3, 6, and 7. Number 3 contains PVC (polyvinyl Chloride), number 6 contains polystyrene, and number 7 contains Bisphenol A.
- The Government of the US has banned usage of BPA in baby products.
Do Glass Containers Keep Food Fresh Longer?
You do not have to wait too long to transfer your cooked food or warm leftovers to glass. Plastic warps in very high temperatures, whereas glass is very durable. Plastic containers absorb the odors from food and can be a tad difficult to clean when compared to glass food containers.
How to Choose the Best Food Storage Containers
Food storage containers come in a variety of sizes, from large food storage containers to the tinier ones, there is one for anything that you’d like to store.
- Hard Plastic
- Flexible Plastic
Glass containers are universally popular as they are easy to clean, durable, and eco-friendly, but they can be too heavy to handle.
Plastic containers are good for storing dry food items and especially in the pantry.
Flexible plastic is a cheaper alternative and can be used for easy storage, one-time usage, or for gifting food to friends and family.
Metal food storage containers are considered to be the most durable of all of them, and they are environmentally viable too. But the cost of procuring them can be higher than the rest.
Type of Lid Seal
- Lids that close with simple pressure
- Lids that have flaps that snap on to the sides of the container
- Lids that have a button or a lever to push or pull.
- Screw-on lids for jars.
There is a food container for everything. Right from the smallest to the largest size and then again in terms of colors too so that you can color-code your pantry and refrigerator. You could swap the containers with any kind of food storage without bothering too much.
Glass and metal containers are very durable. However, a harder plastic variety of containers is also more durable than the takeaway kinds of flexible plastic containers that are usually one use and throw types.
Bisphenol A is a harmful chemical that is associated with a lot of degenerative and learning disabilities. The USFDA bans the use of BPA in all baby food storage containers. You may want to check to see if the container that you are choosing is BPA free too.
If you have this habit of preparing food beforehand and them thwarting and reheating before serving, you may want to invest in the best containers for freezing food. They will not become brittle or crack and break when stored in the freezer. Glass is the more popular choice over plastic.
Popular as best food storage containers for leftovers, they are best for reheating leftovers and for serving them, especially when the quantity is so small that you don’t want to end up using a lot of crockery for it. They are resistant to high heat and do not melt or leach chemicals into the food when heated.
You will have to specifically look for signage that says that the food container you are choosing is oven safe. If you bake, then you must know that not all the glass containers are oven safe. You will need to check the manufacturer’s information before popping it into the oven.
Except for some canister lids and one time used flexible plastic containers, most of the plastic, glass, ceramic, and metal food containers are dishwasher safe. The single-use plastic will warp in it.
This is one feature that you will want to check if you are going to carry liquid or semi-solid food in it. The seal has to be tight around the neck of the container, or there may be spillage that may spoil your clothes or vehicle invariably when transporting in them.
Best Food Storage Containers Types
Canister Food Storage Containers
- Best food storage containers for the pantry.
- Various sizes and shapes and have unique top and lock system that is designed to keep pests away
- Come with large openings that allow for measuring the contents
- Easy to open and close and is meant to hold the contents over longer periods.
- They are rugged and do not need to be washed as often.
Vacuum Food Storage Containers
- Resemble canisters.
- Proprietary vacuum systems or they use a vacuum device that removes air.
- Lid secures and becomes airtight and leak-proof only when vacuum is created.
- Best for storing foods that will spoil with oxidation such as nuts, grains, cheese, meats, and pickled fruits and veggies.
- Very expensive.
Freshness-Preserving Food Storage Containers
There are two types
- Made entirely from plastic or acrylic and pro at preserving perishable goods.
- Come with a strainer at the bottom that will allow all the moisture produced from the food to drain away.
Keeps food from spoiling over prolonged periods and doubles up as normal storage too.
Best Food Storage Containers FAQ
How to Organize Food Storage Containers
It is a great idea to store all the containers and the lids in a place that makes them visible. Putting all the lids together in one place and then nesting the container bottoms together also works for a lot of people. However, make sure that you do not clutter your space by keeping spare bottoms or spare lids. Recycle containers if you do not use them at all or repurpose them for something else.
Since you are here, would you like to know the best vacuum sealer? It is also a type of keeping thing. Click here to read.
Is Silicone Safe For Food Storage?
A lot of research points to the fact that silicon does not leach chemicals into food at room temperature or in the fridge. So it is safe. But there is no conclusive research and data to understand how silicon behaves at a very high temperature with the food, and that is why it is generally a good idea to keep it away from microwaves, ovens, and dishwashers.
Can I Put Food Storage Containers In Freezer?
Yes, most of the food storage containers can be put into your freezer, provided that they are going to be there for a short while. Some of the plastic containers may undergo warping and/or wrinkling at very low temperatures, or the thinner quality of ceramic and glass may turn brittle and chip or break away as soon as you bring them back to the room temperature while thawing.
If you want to find a complete list of best food savers on the market today, we can offer you one only for your eyes!
How to Clean Food Storage Containers Properly?
Food storage container sets can be hand-washed or by popping them into your dishwasher. But say that you realize that your best plastic food storage containers have terrible stains and odor, use baking soda and vinegar combination and set the mixture to sit for a night before you rinse it well the next morning.
Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020
Our top recommendation is Rubbermaid. This set of 14 BPA free triton plastic looks like glass but is light and easy to carry. It is airtight and is one hundred percent leak proof. You can carry liquids in it with an absolute peace of mind. Their built-in vents allow for splatter proof heating inside the microwave oven. They are stackable and space-saving. They can be used for storing food on the countertop, inside the fridge and the freezer. You can pop them into your dishwasher too.
Did you find our list of best food storage containers 2020 useful? Are there best food storage containers you use and love? Write to us at mykitchenadvisor because we’d love to hear from you!