A Comparison of Water Filters: Zero Water vs Brita
Water filters can be quite expensive, which might make you shy away from buying them. However, Brita and Zero Water are very popular brands that are really affordable.
Here are some details about each brand to help you to select the best water filter pitcher.
Briefly About Zero Water Brand
The Zero Water company was founded by Rajan Rajan in Michigan. He was trying to find a way of providing pure water for his family and ended up with this brand after many trials.
The Zero Water filter is a popular brand that has a capacity of six to forty cups. It gained popularity because it can be used in various places due to its high-end filtration system.
According to Zero Water reviews, you can get rid of 99.9% of solids dissolved in water.
Zero Water Filter Features
- 10 CUP WATER FILTERING PITCHER: You'll always have cleaner, pure tasting water on hand with our BPA-Free, water filter pitcher in your fridge. The included, free water quality meter lets you test your water, so you never have to wonder about its quality.
- FIVE STAGE WATER FILTRATION: Unlike many water filters & pitchers, ZeroWater filters use 5 stages of filtration, to bring you cleaner, better tasting water. Instead of carbon filtering only, our filters use Ion Exchange Technology to reduce contaminants.
- NOT AN ORDINARY WATER FILTER: ZeroWater filters filter water in 5 stages, are NSF certified to reduce lead and other heavy metals. Zerowater removes 99.6% of total dissolved solids, 2X more than the leading brand (tested by independent lab).
- GET MORE OUT OF YOUR WATER: Remove more impurities from your water with ZeroWater's unique, 5 stage filter system. With a variety of options, you can have cleaner water anywhere, from pitchers, bottle filtration systems, or portable on-the-go cup filters.
- GET THE LEAD OUT: ZeroWater filters are the only pour-through filters NSF Certified to remove chromium & lead. Our pitchers, tumblers, & dispensers remove virtually all solids for the purest tasting water.
You should know the main features of this countertop water filter to make the best choice.
Uses five-stage water filtration is a unique process that helps you to get the best quality of water. Filter’s Ion Exchange Technology removes almost all the solids from water. That’s a highly important feature, cause not everyone filtration system has it.
Cup Water Filtering Pitcher: Zero water filters have a 10 cup water filtering pitcher that is also BPA free that’s another one feature that guaranty quality. It also comes with a free water quality meter which allows you to test the water.
- Removes 99% of all dissolved solids in the water;
- You don’t need to pre soak the filter;
- Environmentally friendly;
- Has an awesome design.
- Slow filtration;
- Filters can be used up quickly which increases the cost of using this filter.
An Overview of the Brita Filters
Like Zero Water, Brita is also a popular brand due to its expanded features and high quality of products. Besides water filters, Brita offers a wide range of products including water bottles.
Actually, Brita water filter is always a good choice. It nicely removes water contaminants like dirt, heavy metals, and chemicals. Brita is the best water filter pitcher, especially if you are on a budget.
Brita Filter Features
- The BPA-free everyday water pitcher with filter holds 10 cups of water, enough to fill 3 24-ounce reusable water bottles
- Get great-tasting water without the waste; By switching to Brita, you can save money and replace 1,800 single-use plastic water bottles a year
- This space efficient Brita pitcher fits perfectly on refrigerator shelves, features an easy-fill locking lid and is easy to pour; Height 10.47\"; Width 5.59\"; Length/Depth 10.94\"; Weight 2.29 pounds
- Brita longlast is our longest-lasting lead-removing water filter; Just change your filter 2x a year to get cleaner, filtered water; Sticker filter change indicator makes filter reminders effortless
- Reduce 99% lead, Chlorine (taste & odor), Cadmium, Mercury, Benzene, Asbestos, and more; Longlast filters out 2x the contaminants of current Brita filters and 2x the contaminants of zero water; 16.9 ounce water; See certifications; vs. tap
If you are interested in the best countertop water filter then check its qualities, to consolidate confidence in the choice:
Activated carbon filter: This brand has an activated carbon filter powered by the ion exchange resin. This feature allows you to get rid of minerals that can harden water.
Flashing indicator: When is the right time to get a water filter replacement? You can detect that through this flashing indicator. The filter has flashing green, red, and yellow indicators that help increase its efficiency.
- Removes solid contaminants making water clean;
- BPA free;
- Have fast and least expensive water filters;
- The very fast filtration process.
- It has less capacity to remove fluoride from water;
- The filters have a short lifespan.
Zero Water vs Brita: What are the Main Differences?
To have a look at the differences between the features of these models we complete a water filter pitcher comparison.
First difference: Zero Water filters can filter more number of minerals compared to the Brita filter. On the other side, that’s the reason why the Brita filter has a longer running time.
The Brita filter can, therefore, give you water that tastes better at first. This makes it the best water filter pitcher in the market today.
The only issue is that after using for a month, water quality becomes quite poor.
With the Zero Water filters, you can know the filtration process going on. You can check the water quality from time to time using the meter included in it.
In our Zero Water vs Brita reviews, we also realized that Brita eliminates all the chlorine in the water and it is also pocket friendly.
Brita filters can get rid of pesticides, lead, and pharmaceuticals that can stay up to six months. This is a long time compared to that of Zero Water.
In another Zero Water filter vs Brita comparison, it’s evident that the Zero water has a cartridge with a double amount of contaminant-grabbing media. This makes it removes many minerals in the water, giving clear water.
In a nutshell, the Zero Water works like some laboratory treatments so the water is no longer as tasty as that of Brita.
Other Brands to Consider
We just had a look at Zero Water vs Brita pitcher comparison, but there are other brands of water filters that you might want to try, including the Pur, AquaBliss, Levoit, and Epic water filters.
Pur is a great water filter brand that is known for its Maxion filter technology which gives optimum results while removing water impurities.
Aquabliss water filters can help you to enjoy the bliss of pure water, thanks to their advanced filtration system. If you can’t get the Brita model, you might want to choose them.
Levoit water filters are also affordable and readily available. They produce water that tastes nice since they don’t filter all the minerals from water.
Finally, you might want to use the Epic water filters in place of the Brita or Zero Water filters. They purify water and also leave with a good taste.
Could you be asking yourself, “Which is better Brita or Zero Water?” That’s ok and the reason is both two models are pretty good. After analyzing both models, we found out that the Zero Water filter wins as the best. This doesn’t imply that Brita is not good when looking at what to choose between Zero Water or Brita.
However, if you are on a budget, you might want to buy the Brita water filter, due to its perfect balance of price and quality.