Yakitori grills were introduced on the market with the motive of producing BBQs that take much less space compared to the traditional grills. It also weighs lighter and can be carried easily while travelling. Hence, be it in your home or trip, with this Japanese charcoal grill, you can taste heavenly grilled skewers anytime. The Fire Sense Yakitori charcoal grill is the most famous brand used by many. It has received quite high ratings and reviews from customers and is trusted worldwide. Are you excited to find out more about this top-rated BBQ? If yes, then stay hooked with us until the end!
Yakitori Charcoal Grill Overview
Yakitori Charcoal Grill
- This outdoor cooking grill uses charcoal as its source of fuel.
- This BBQ grill comes with a charcoal grate and cooking grill included.
- This charcoal BBQ grill has been specially designed to be used on a tabletop.
- This outdoor grill features a handmade clay construction.
- This barbecue grill is perfect for camping and backyard outdoor cooking.
A Yakitori charcoal grill is one type of BBQ that uses charcoal and is much compact than the traditional grills. It is more suitable for using indoors due to its comfortable design. If you are looking for a perfect BBQ for your skewers, then this variety is the one that you must own.
A high-quality charcoal grill functions within a temperature range of 200°F to 250°F. You hardly need any extra accessories to operate this machine. To cook the perfect skewers here, all you need to do is flip and rotate the meat as and when needed.
What Is the Yakitori Grill for?
As the name suggests, the Yakitori BBQ is used for cooking yakitori, which means nothing but grilled chicken. Often, the word is also used for referring to other Japanese barbeque dishes. Following the Japanese tradition, the chicken is skewered in a low flame for a long time.
Why Is the Yakitori BBQ So Popular?
In this Yakitori charcoal grill review, we will help you know the various reasons why the BBQ appliance is so popular on the market. Read below to find out the reason:
- Compact size and lightweight: As we have said earlier, this machine is smaller and lighter compared to traditional appliances. Due to this, the equipment becomes highly portable. Hence, the BBQ does not require much space for storage and can also be carried anywhere necessary.
- Wonderful design: The Fire Sense grill comes with an excellent design that makes sure your skewers are cooked rightly. The outer clay body and the inner ceramic build helps in the even distribution of the heat. Therefore, no parts of the chicken stay uncooked.
- Heat control system: It also comes with a manual heat controller so that you can easily decide the flame capacity and change it as per the need. This makes sure your food is being cooked without getting burnt.
Types of Yakitori Charcoal BBQ
There are hardly any different types of this tabletop grill. However, there are various types of brands that manufacture Yakitori charcoal grills. Our experts have checked all of the major brands and come up with the three best affordable choices. Have a look below to find out!
- Fire Sense
If you want to buy a tabletop Yakitori BBQ for parties, then this brand will provide you the best. The Fire Sense small Yakitori charcoal grill comes with multiple safety features to make sure that the food is cooked without any risks. The cooking area is large and can accommodate many skewers at a time.
- Party Griller
This is another popular brand known for providing cheap Yakitori grills. The body is made up of stainless steel, which increases the durability of the BBQ.
Party Griller Yakitori Grill
- RUST-PROOF AND WARP-PROOF, EASY TO CLEAN - 32 Inches x 8 Inches Wide. Made of Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Inside and Out. Size of Grill (L x W x H) : 32” x 8” x 7” / Grill with Stand (included) 32” x 8” x 34”. Rounded edges prevent finger cuts. Item comes pre assembled, very minimal assembling is required.
- VENT CONTROL ON BOTH SIDES – This BBQ Grill features easy to adjust vent that controls heat intensity and create even air circulation throughout the grill. Eliminate hot spots with this easy to use charcoal grill!
- RESTAURANT QUALITY DESIGN - Long rectangular grill makes grilling Yakitori, Satay and Kebab a breeze. Traditionally these Skewer Grills are made of iron. Stainless Steel design makes it light and portable, yet maintain its functionality. Bring this Portable Grill to the park or use it as Camp Grill!
- BARBECUE GRILLS AT ITS BEST – Also called a Portable Mangal Grill, this stainless steel grill is perfect for any Skewers, Shish Kebab, Lamb Kebab, Shashlik, Japanese Yakitori, Malaysian Satay, Thai Satay and Chinese Lamb Skewer (羊肉串)
- EXTRA BONUS – Set of 2 Stainless Steel Seasoning Shakers, perfect for your custom BBQ seasoning spice blend. Plus a High Quality 12 inch Scissor BBQ Tongs. That’s $10 in value! This grill comes with a 20”x 8” and a 12" x 8" Stainless Steel Mesh Grill Grate, covering the entire grilling surface. Genuine PartyFairyBox & PartyGriller items will be shipped from California
- Uten Barbeque
Their appliances have great durability. The heat control system of this brand is known to be the best in the shops.
Uten BBQ Charcoal Barbecue
- GO ANYWHERE: This tiny portable charcoal grill can go with you and your family for a road trip or a beach party etc. Perfect for 3-5 people family/party.
- COMPACT and STURDY: Made of cold-rolled iron and premium chrome Wire mesh. Heat-resistant and scratch-resistant. Legs are more sturdy than similar products.
- FOLDABLE EASY STORAGE: It can be folded away after you use. Handle designed make it save space and is convenient to take it to anywhere to have fun.
- 12 AIRWAY VENT: Star a fire Faster and Easier with 12 Airway Vent design. Easy to clean as the baking net can be pulled out. WARNING: Use it on a flat, sturdy surface or table.
- PERFECT GIFT: Uten folding portable lightweight BBQ grill is a perfect BBQ tool for beach, picnics, parties, trailers, a camping trip or anywhere you want.
Comparison of Fire Sense Yakitori BBQ with Other Brands
The basic comparison between the Fire Sense large Yakitori charcoal grill and other brands is as follows:
||Iron and chrome mesh wire
||17” X 10”
||32” X 11”
||32” X 8”
||Safe material used
||Comes with a few unsafe materials
||Not made up of all safe materials
||Medium to high
Yakitori Grills General Considerations
The construction of the appliance is done compactly. The BBQ also weighs light. Most brands either use stainless steel or clay for constructing the outer body. We would recommend you to buy only that grill whose inner body is made of ceramic. It is so because ceramic is safe kitchenware and comes with zero harmful side effects for the body. In case you are wondering how to clean a charcoal grill made of ceramic, then follow the steps below:
- Mix ¼ cup of warm water with ½ cup baking soda.
- Apply the mixture to the grates using a brush.
- Let the application dry for around 15 minutes.
- Use a soft brush to clean off the mixture.
Features to Look For
The major features that must be there in a Japanese BBQ are:
- A fine Japanese tabletop barbeque appliance.
- Durable clay body.
- Manually adjustable ventilation facility.
- Chrome grilling benefits.
- Grates made of charcoal.
- A cooking surface area of around 17” X 10”.
- Must contain stand with handles for support.
Wrapping Up: Yakitori Grills Pros and Cons
- The compact size helps in easy storage.
- The lightweight makes it more portable.
- The charcoal gives the best temperature range.
- The ceramic clay construction ensures even heat distribution.
- The skewers are cooked in the best possible manner.
- Ceramic coating is not much durable.
- Clay becomes loose when wet.
Verdict and Recommendations 2021
We hope this Yakitori charcoal grill guide has helped you know a lot about the BBQ equipment. As per the experts, Fire Sense is the best brand to choose. The narrow design of the BBQ ensures that the edge of your skewer hangs on to the end of the hot grates. Hence, you do not have to put the heat over some other appliance while cooking. This makes the process even more manageable!
After reading our experts’ Yakitori charcoal grill reviews, which brand will you choose to buy? Do tell us!