There is hardly anyone who doesn’t enjoy the taste of french fries, fried chicken wings, or cheese! But we all know that deep-fried foods are far from being the healthiest things we can eat. So many people try to avoid them completely or at least limit the intake. But seeing others indulge in deep-fried delicacies while your mouth water can be frustrating!
You don’t have to go to that pain though because there is a great appliance on the market that can allow you to eat your favorite foods more healthily! Whether you are thinking about air fryers under $100 or more you are perfectly right!
These appliances are getting more and more popular because they allow you to enjoy fried food more healthily. They cook food by circulating hot air around their inner chamber almost without any oil. The result that you get is nearly the same as with deep-fried food.
What Are the Sizes of Air Fryers?
People are often wondering how big of an air fryer do I need. The thing with air fryers is that they are made to fry various amounts of food at once. So when you are asking a question what size air fryer do i need you should think about the quantity and the size of food that you wish to fry. Sizes of air fryers are expressed in three measurements: unites quartz, pound, and liter. There are three general categories of air fryer sizes.
Any type that is between 1- quartz in size is considered as a small air fryer. If you are living alone and wondering what size air fryer should I get we can say this is the best option for you. The maximum you can cook with this appliance is two chicken breasts at the time. Now for example, if you want to make dinner then it would be enough only for one person. But if you want to enjoy fried snacks then it can serve two people. A bit bigger machines, between 2 and 3 quartz, also fall under this category. They are an excellent option for couples.
Next on our list are medium air fryers that range from 3 – 5 quartz. With both of these options, you can cook chicken for your family. However, with a smaller model, like 3 quartz you need to cut it in pieces before cooking it. If you are wondering what size air fryer for a family of 4 this is a good option for you. If you have 5 quartz appliances you can prepare food for seven people at once. Of course, again it depends on the size of food. If you are preparing larger food you will have space to cook for 5 people.
Large air fryers range between 6 and 16 quartz. These machines are, as you can assume, used for large parties and gatherings as they can prepare food for about 20 people. They are pretty versatile as well. You can use them to prepare chicken and turkey but they are also fantastic for preparing baked food. If you like you can also use it to dehydrate food.
Large Air Fryer Benefits
Air fryers, in general, come with a lot of benefits – they contribute to weight loss, they are safer than deep fryers, reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, and so on. But large air fryers have other benefits as well. One is evident when you have a large appliance you can prepare food for a lot of people at once. But more than that you can prepare different things at once and satisfy everyone’s taste without a lot of effort.
Air Fryers for All Occasions
For Solo Chef
- AIR FRYER: This air fryer enables you to cook crispy golden brown french fries, onion rings & chicken nuggets safely, without all the extra calories & unhealthy fats. It's like having a convection-type oven at your finger tips.
- FAST & EASY: Features a 2.6 quart removable dish washer safe basket that can hold up to 2.2 lbs. of food. Simply set the temperature & timer & the ready indicator light will let you know when your cooking cycle is over.
- SAFE & TIDY: Look in on food while it cooks with safe handling via cool-touch parts & an automatic shut off for safety. Our 1500-watt Circular Heat Technology ensures quick, even cooking every time without a smelly, oily mess
- KITCHEN ESSENTIALS: BELLA offers a full range of high-quality products including air fryers, waffle irons, toasters, coffee makers, electric kettles, slow cookers, espresso machines, griddles & juicers.
- MIX IT UP: The kitchen should be fun. With BELLA It can be. We provide you with quick & convenient kitchen solutions to simplify your hectic life, including small kitchen appliances, cookware & housewares.
If you are living alone and sometimes your partner comes over for dinner the best option for you is a small air fryer that can prepare 2 chicken breasts. But when you are considering what size air fryer do i need you to have to think about several people you are inviting for dinner or cocktail party. If you have plans to invite some of your friends more often than you need something a bit bigger than the smallest model.
For the Family
- Healthier cooking in 30 min Or Less: thanks to rapid air technology, you can now experience your favorite food without the extra calories. This air fryer can fry, bake, grill and roast with little to no oil
- Easy to use controls: set the time and temperature using button controls. Set the temperature to 175F - 400F and cook from 1 – 30 minutes. 30-Minute timer will automatically switch to standby mode when complete.
- Recipe book included: Includes 50 recipes specifically made for GoWISE USA air fryers. Get started today with 50 step-by-step recipes to explore all that your new kitchen gadget has to offer.
Cooking for a family can often take a lot of time and be boring. But if you get a medium-sized air fryer you can prepare delicious meals and desserts that will accommodate everyone’s taste in no time. If you have picky kids who like different foods with this appliance you don’t have to worry about that.
For the Party
- DESIGNED IN CALIFORNIA: COSORI Square air fryer, with little footprint, much more suitable on the countertop and save your space. Stainless Steel design is a better fit for the kitchen. 100 easy and tasty COSORI recipes get you cooking right away
- 85% LESS FAT: 360°air circulation fries food with little to no oil. Enjoy fried food and great snacking with 85% less fat than a traditional deep fryer. Eat healthier and enjoy the same delicious food with fewer calories
- SMART OPERATION: 9 presets can satisfy most cooking needs and help food to be more evenly cooked. With Special convenient Alarm, function reminds you to shake your food. Independently controlled temperature and time button 170-400°F, and seamlessly switch °F / °C
- EXTRA METAL HOLDER: Comes with 1 dual-layer rack and 5 skewers. Expand your cooking capacity and cook more food at once! Cooking time is faster than a conventional oven, but with crispier and tastier results
- SAFE TO USE: Auto Shut Off when pulling out the basket and overheat Protection. ETL certified, BPA free, PFOA free
If you are often organizing bigger events, or your friends come over each weekend then the best thing you can do is equip yourself with a large air fryer. This way you won’t need to spend hours in front of the stove while preparing food for everyone. A good option, in this case, is also an oven type air fryer.
For Limited Space
- Dual Convection Fans - The exclusive cooking element combines heat with a powerful dual fan convection system to circulate hot air around food for fast, crispy results
- 2L Capacity - The 2-liter (about 8-cup) air-frying basket fits 2-4 servings of your favorite snacks and main dishes
- Qucik and easy cleanup - The nonstick cooking surfaces release food without the need of cooking spray; plus, the air fryer basket and basket separator are dishwasher-safe
- Variable Temperature Control and Indicator Lights - The temperature control ranges from 175-400°F; one indicator light shows when the unit is powered on, and the other turns off when the preheat temperature is reached. Dimensions : 12.625 x 12.625 x 14.500
- Guilt-Free Results - Circulating hot air adds a crispy touch to your favorite fried foods without drenching them in oil and the instruction manual includes tips on cooking times, temperatures, and quantities
If you are wondering what size air fryer do i need and you have limited space on your kitchen counter then you have to think about several things. First, naturally, if you have a small kitchen counter you need to look for a machine that will not occupy it entirely. Usually, between 2 and 3 quartz options is a good choice. If you however want a larger model, consider storing it in the cabinet or another place instead of a counter.
For the Whole Chicken or Small Turkey
- Family-sized & space Saver: 12.7 quarts of cooking space makes this air fryer one of the largest on the market, while still being compact enough to fit easily on your countertop. 3 rack levels allow you to prepare family-sized quantities, or control how fast and how crispy your food cooks.
- Built-in rotisserie: Prepare whole roasts, tenderloins, racks of Kababs, and even a whole chicken. Get crispy, tender meats, perfectly blackened fish, and expertly roasted vegetables with the GoWISE air fryer oven's built-in rotisserie - it's fast, easy, and you'll love it.
- Includes 10 accessories: Comes with 10 accessories – everything you’ll need to make a homemade meal with ease. Accessories include a rotisserie tong, rotisserie rod, oven rack, drip pan, skewer rotisserie, rotisserie cage, rotisserie steak cage, shallow mesh basket, and two mesh trays.
- Easy-to-use: Easy to read, simple to use control display with 15 presets takes the guesswork out of cooking times and temperatures. Cook for convenience or to impress without ever having to turn on the range. And when you’re done, the stainless-steel interior and remove-able, non-stick drip pan makes for easy clean-up.
- 50 recipes to get you started: Your purchase includes a recipe book specifically made for the GoWISE USA air fryer oven. Get started today with 50 step-by-step recipes to explore all that your new kitchen gadget has to offer.
One of the things people enjoy frying is chicken or a small turkey, especially for holidays such as Thanksgiving. For this delicacy, you need a larger model. Even the chicken can be quite big and might not fit in the standard small fryer.
Here we are at the end of our little review of air fryer sizes. As you can see there are many options to choose from. The best way to know what size of air fryer you need is to think about how often you will use it and for how many people. Keep in mind that it is good that you also measure the space on your kitchen counter to be sure it will fit. Have you used an air fryer before? What are your experiences?