- 1 About the Brands
- 2 Char-Broil vs Weber Gas Grills: Detailed Analysis
- 3 Char-Broil vs Weber: Other Product Lines & Notable Products Overview
- 4 Final Word
About the Brands
It is a private company that is engaged in the manufacture of all types of smokers, outdoor electric grill, and related accessories. It was founded 73 years ago and still has its headquarters in Georgia. They have an impressive history that testifies to why they still have the popularity they enjoy even today.
They make very affordable products and can be purchased by anybody. Char-Broil grill reviews often complain about durability and lack of interesting and convenient features. But come on, with the price they offer, the products are a steal.
Weber is a top-class brand that offers top-notch products. The workmanship and materials are never compromised when it comes to this brand. Although that makes the products a little steep on the price point, the quality you get is an A grade. Weber gas grill and most models come with a warranty of 10 years. Imagine that! They manufacture simple models, but the experience is worth it. It undoubtedly comes among the best grill brands.
Char-Broil vs Weber Gas Grills: Detailed Analysis
Let us now get down to a tussle of grills. The following table enumerates the comparison Weber vs Char Broil. We are going to work with the two best models of the respective brands.
|Weber Spirit II E-210||Char-Broil Performance 300|
|Cooking space||420 sq.in||400 sq.in|
|Heat output||26,500 BTU||24,000 BTU|
|Cart design||Open cart||Closed cabinet|
|Weight||103 lbs||66 lbs|
|Warranty||10 year||1 year|
Weber wins this spot in the Weber vs Char Broil grill wars as it has a slightly larger cooking space than Char Broil and thus more suitable for bigger parties. The size of the space however does not compromise on the heat distribution as it also has a higher heat output with 26,500 BTU. It ensures that the meat and veggies on your grill are cooked thoroughly.
Size, Weight and Quality
Spirit II weighs 103 pounds whereas its competitor weighs around 82.5 lbs. Both are size wise large and can be used for outdoor parties. Char-Broil Performance is made of durable stainless steel, but Weber has a more premium look and is made of even more durable materials. The cooking grates are made of cast-iron with a porcelain enameled body.
Grilling Performance and Heat Output
Weber comes with a GS4 Grilling System. This is the set standard in the world of grills. The heat output of this model is also more than its rival. Thus, weber is a hand down winner in this point of gas grills comparison.
Weber has two all-weather wheels whereas the Char-Broil comes with 4 casters. The latter is thus easier to carry around on plain surfaces whereas, for steep places, Weber will be more convenient to handle.
Char-Broil Performance 300 has two side shelves along with a cabinet in the lower portion. This helps in organizing while cooking. The other has two side trays along with an open cabinet down below. The former is better in the terms of storage and organization.
The difference in warranty between the products is that of hell and heaven. Weber offers you a solid 10-year warranty whereas Char-Broil only 1 year. Weber grill reviews highly praise the warranty period as it also assures buyers about the quality of the product. Thus, it is a clear-cut victory for Spirit II when it comes to Weber vs Char Broil gas grill warranty category.
Char-Broil vs Weber: Other Product Lines & Notable Products Overview
Char-Broil TRUinfrared Kettlemen Charcoal Grill brings you an infrared grill that has a 360 sq. inch cooking surface.
- Charcoal kettle grill with a 360- square inch total cooking surface.
- 22.5-inch diameter porcelain-coated cooking grate keeps food on top and prevents flare-ups.
- Hinged lid with mounted temperature gauge for ease of operation and temperature monitoring.
- Removable ash bowl for simple clean-up; engineered to operate with less charcoal than others.
- 25.8-inches long x 25.8-inches wide x 38.8-inches high. 10-year limited warranty.
- Porcelain coated cooking grate.
- Hinged lid.
- Adjustable damper.
- Removable ash pan.
- 10-year warranty.
- No flare-ups.
- Warranty period.
- Cooks well.
- Budget friendly.
- Difficult to clean.
- Maybe prone to rust.
Weber 741001 Original Kettle is ultra-durable and comes with a porcelain enameled lid. You can clean up the ash very conveniently. The material is not prone to rust or peel.
- Holds up to 13 burgers made with a Weber burger press; Built-in lid thermometer. Rust-resistant aluminum dampers
- One-Touch cleaning system with high-capacity ash catcher provides hassle-free ash cleanup
- Porcelain-enameled lid and bowl retain heat, and won’t rust or peel
- Use the lid hook to avoid placing the lid on the ground while grilling
- Cooking grate is hinged for easily adding charcoal while grilling
- Precision heat control.
- High temperature.
- Ultra-durable cooking grate.
- Superior heat retention.
- Easy to clean.
- Ultra durable.
- Heat retentive.
- Durable wheels.
- A little on the pricier end.
Char-Broil 20602107 Patio Bistro TRU-infrared electric grill is a high quality electric grill that comes with some great features.
- High-quality electric grilling for convenience without the hassle of gas or charcoal
- TRU-Infrared cooking technology prevents flare-ups, delivers even heat and cooks juicier food
- Integrated control knob to adjust temperatures easily
- Durable porcelain-coated grate is rust-resistant and easy-to-clean
- Removable warming rack for indirect cooking or to keep food warm
- TRUinfrared technology.
- Porcelain coated grate.
- Integrated control knobs.
- A warming rack.
- Prevents flare up.
- Cooks evenly.
- Space used well with the rack.
- Budget friendly.
- Could be a little difficult to clean.
Weber 520520001 Q1400 electric grill is among the most bought electric grills. It is made of aluminum with cast iron cooking grates. It is a smaller piece of equipment that comes with 189 sq. in the cooking area, but you need not invest any time in assembling the product.
- 1560-watt electric heating element to heat 280 square-inch total cooking area
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and cast aluminum lid and body
- .Dimensions (Inches) Lid Open : ( H x W x D) - 26 x 31.5 x 25.1(Inches); :Dimensions - Lid Closed (inches) 14.5 H x 31.5 W x 19.5 D
- Fully assembled out of box, Infinite control burner valve settings. Fuel type-Electric. Power-1,560 W/120 V
- 6-foot grounded cord. The appliance should be supplied through a residual current device (RCD) having a rated residual operating current not exceeding 30 mA
- Removable catch-pan.
- Cast iron cooking grates.
- Heat retention liners.
- Heat control.
- Cast aluminum body.
- Already assembled.
- Easy to clean.
- Durable quality.
- Heat retentive power.
- Spacing in the cooking area can be made better.
The Big Easy TRUinfrared smoker roaster and grill is their best in the smoker category. It is made of stainless steel and weighs about 22.68 pounds.
- Product 1: The Big Easy Smoker Roaster & Grill lets you smoke, roast and grill - all in one
- Product 1: TRU-Infrared technology cooks food evenly and juicy with no flare-ups
- Product 1: Evenly cook turkey, ribs, roast, or other cuts of meat in the roasting basket
- Product 1: Holds up to 25 lbs for roasting and has 180 square inches of cooking area for grilling
- Product 2: Expands the cooking space of The Big Easy
- All in one feature.
- 180 sq.in grilling surface.
- Smoker box made of stainless steel.
- Quality construction.
- Value for money.
- Carrying handles.
- Easy to use.
- The workmanship is not flawless and premium looking.
The 22-inch Smokey Mountain Cooker is a smoker from the Weber family.
- Your purchase includes: One Weber 22-inch Smokey Mountain Cooker, Charcoal Smoker + Cover
- Item overall dimensions: 23" W x 24" D x 48.5" H. Item weight: 68 lbs
- Cooking Grid Dimensions 21 1/2 X 21 1/2". Main Grilling Area 363 Sq. Inches. Total Grilling Area 726 Sq. Inches
- Easy assembly required, instructions avaialable in User Guide attachment.
- Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker reaches approximadetely 190°F inside temperature
- Made of steel.
- Gives you an authentic smokey flavor.
- Includes a thermometer, water pan, individual vents and nylon handles.
- Weighs 39.1 pounds.
- Nickel plated cooking grates.
- Rust resistant.
- Can cook a whole turkey and a whole ham at the same time.
- Very premium built and look.
- Maybe a little difficult to use in the beginning.
It is no doubt that Weber produces a notch higher products, but they are also pricer. Weber vs Char-Broil reviews are generally mixed for some like quality and some like to go easy on the pockets. In any case, both brands offer great deals on their products. Whether you want to buy a Char-Broil or Weber grill is up to your choice and situation. If you are someone who shifts very often, the former would be a wiser choice but if you are looking for using it for a very long time, the latter is your pick.