Renovating your kitchen or home asks you to make choices about several designs. The location of the appliances in the plan will carve out a lot of differences while designing a kitchen. The range is also an important tool in your kitchen.
Many styles are available in ranges in the market, while the rest depends on your choice. Most people are confused between the slide-in and freestanding scale. Glue your eyes to know more about slide in vs. free standing range in this blog!
What is a Slide-in Range?
Slide-in scale can be installed in your kitchen in islands and peninsulas providing you with flexibility in your design, working exceptionally well with custom materials and designer backsplashes. They come with the latest specialties like dual fuel. Due to their desired look and built-in, they are slightly higher in terms of price. No control operation panel is projected on the rear side giving the top a flat look. The control panel is successfully located in the front. You will be delighted to purchase a slide-in model due to its seamless replaceable ranges, finished sides, and premium look.
- 5 PERFORMANCE BURNERS: High performance gas burners which allow you to cook from a high heat for boiling, frying or searing to a low simmer for the most delicate sauces, including 18,000 BTU Burner (x1), 7,000 BTU Burners (x2), 8,500 BTU Burner (x1) and 5,000 BTU Burner (x1)
- TURBO TRUE EUROPEAN CONVECTION: Designed to cook food more evenly in less time and at a lower temperature than in a standard oven. Oven has a 3.8 cu. ft. capacity and 8 functions: Traditional Bake, Convection Bake, Convection Broil, High Broil, Low Broil, Pizza, Defrost, Light
- MODERN EUROPEAN DESIGN: Range design blends seamlessly with other stainless steel kitchen appliances for modern home makeovers. Exceptional speed and precision with a Cosmo Dual Fuel Range
- HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION: Made of corrosion resistant 430 grade stainless steel, heavy duty cast iron grates for heat retention and distribution, and fingerprint/smudge resistant finish easily wipes clean
- 2-YEAR LIMITED: Our customer support team is based proudly in the USA. Dimensions: 35.5" (W) x 23.6" (L) x Adjustable 35" - 37" (H). Requirements: Hardwired (4-Prong Plug Convertible), Natural Gas. Optional Liquid Propane conversion kit sold separately
Advantages and Disadvantages of Slide-in Range
To know slide-in vs freestanding range more appropriately you need to know the individual pros and cons of the product. Have a read!
- Convenient installation methods.
- Developed built-in look.
- To avoid anything to spill down the sides of the range some models possess overlapping cooktop with countertop.
- Availability of more advanced features.
- Costlier than the freestanding scale. Not at all a good choice for them having a tight budget.
- Children may operate the control panel out of curiosity.
- The model is slightly smaller than the freestanding scale.
What is a Free-Standing Range?
Designed to be fit anywhere in your kitchen freestanding scale is conveniently made for you. To be surrounded by cabinets they possess finished ends. They can be installed as an end cap to a line of cabinets or on their own with both sides open. The controls are located either at the rear on a background, or on the front of the cooktop surface, or above the oven handle, or on the background. Compared to price this scale is cheaper than slide-ins.
- 5.3 Cu. Ft Self Cleaning Oven
- 5 Elements / 6 in. - 12 in. / 100 - 3000 Watts
- Even Baking Technology / Keep Warm Zone
- Dimensions (WHD): 30 X 47.8 X 28.4 in.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Free-Standing Range
To know the slide in vs freestanding range more, learn about the individual pros and cons of this product. Have a read!
- Available in a huge variety of special packages and costs which suits different budgets and cooking requirements.
- To avoid being sandwiched between the cabinetry they possess finished sides.
- It is safe for the children if the control panel is in the background.
- The price is cheap.
- There are more options to choose from as they pertain to be more common than slide-ins.
- Without back guards do not blend in as much as models.
- For adjusting the controls you have to reach over the burners or cookware.
- Cleaning between the gap of the stove and cabinet is tough.
Difference Between Slide in and Free-Standing Range
By comparing the features of the two models you will understand the difference between freestanding and slide in range. Have a look at the table highlighting the slide in versus freestanding range!
|Price||Costlier than the freestanding scale||Comparably cheaper than slide-in scale|
|Kitchen Islands or Peninsulas||Can be installed on a kitchen island or peninsula||Cannot be installed in a kitchen island or peninsula|
|Design||Does not block the kitchen and looks very stylish||Looks more traditional and less stylish|
|Variety in models||Few varieties of models are available mostly with premium features||A huge variety of models are available with feature packages|
Which Type of Range is Better?
You do not need to consider the filler price for slide-in scale as a factor while you are thinking about replacing your model. To accommodate a full-depth model you need to have a filler area behind the range if you are replacing an old slide-in scale. A freestanding model with front control is a good option as the range overlaps the countertop like a slide-in model. Cleaning is also easy with this model, and you can choose the best oven cleaner.
Are These Ranges Interchangeable?
The two designs are not completely interchangeable even if both of them possess some similar features. The difference lies in installations. Slide-in scales are not installed directly against the wall. You will only need to update your countertop configuration to accommodate the freestanding model if you are swapping out your slide-in model.
Before purchasing any model, be sure to speak with an expert to know whether the model will fit in your kitchen or not.
Both of the models do not persist a wide difference, so you can choose any of the models while considering the pros and cons depending on your ease. You just need to keep in mind the structure of your kitchen, budget, and convenience.
Freestanding vs slide in range curbs out your doubts by drawing a line of difference between them. Choose your model and leave your feedback!