- 1 PUR vs. Brita: Brand Introduction
- 2 PUR vs Brita: In-depth Comparison
- 3 Which Filter to Choose?
- 4 Verdict and Our Recommendations for 2021
Over the past few years, the improvement in supplying disinfected water has been an achievement to curb out the various health hazards. Are you drinking purified aqua? Some ultimate precautions are also worthy of staying fit which includes implementing a drinking water filter in your household. This is the liquid truth that would help you to be healthy one step ahead. Drink this article to know more about the best PUR vs Brita filtration system!
PUR vs. Brita: Brand Introduction
After testing and through customer reviews, the two most successful brands have emerged to help people out from the contamination of aqua faced earlier. Both PUR and Brita brands come with divergent qualifications converging to provide safe and filtered water. Continue to read for a more precise outlook regarding water filter pitcher – PUR vs Brita!
The PUR water filter pitcher is not known to everyone as it is a new addition on the market. This brand has notably come up due to the best customer reviews and ratings. This is easily affordable and appears to be made up of cheap materials.
- WATER FILTRATION SYSTEM – Quickly and easily enjoy cleaner, filtered water in your fridge with the PUR 11-Cup Classic Water Pitcher. This water filter pitcher features an easy-fill lid and a built-in LED filter life indicator.
- REDUCES CONTAMINANTS – PUR Classic Water Pitcher Filter System contains PUR filter PPF900Z, which is certified to reduce 2X more contaminants than Brita filter OB03.**
- WHY WATER FILTRATION? Tap water may look clean, but can contain potentially harmful pollutants & contaminants from traveling through pipes. PUR pitcher water filters reduce these contaminants and substances.
- COMPATIBLE DOES NOT MEAN COMPARABLE – Genuine PUR pitcher filters are certified to reduce harmful contaminants from your water. Compatible water filter replacements are not guaranteed to offer the same water quality.
- A BRAND YOU CAN TRUST – Contaminants can enter your water system daily, so filtering your water is important. PUR has been developing innovative technologies for superior water filtration for over 30 years.
- Purifying process terminates all the possible harmful contaminants.
- Faucet filters can be easily attached.
- Addition of trace minerals enhances the taste of water.
- Availability of BPA-free products.
- The faucet filters are expensive.
- Some filters might require frequent cartridge replacements.
The Brita water filter pitcher is a successful brand with high-quality service and better design. It provides you with easy access and a sleek design if you compare it with PUR.
- This BPA-free Everyday water pitcher is easy to fill, fits in most fridges and can hold 10 cups of water, enough to fill 3 24-ounce reusable water bottles
- This space efficient Brita pitcher fits perfectly on refrigerator shelves, features an easy-fill locking lid and is easy to pour; Height 10.47"; Width 5.59"; Length/Depth 10.94"; Weight 2.29 pounds
- Get great tasting water without the waste*; by switching to Brita Longlast+, you can save money and replace 1,800 single-use plastic water bottles* a year
- Reduce 99% lead, Chlorine (taste and odor), Cadmium, Mercury, Benzene, Asbestos, and more*, while an electronic indicator makes filter reminders effortless
- Longlast+ filters are compatible with all Brita pitchers and dispensers except Stream; replace the Brita Longlast+ water filter 2x a year* (about every 6 months)
- Purifying process is fast.
- Faucet filters are cheaper.
- These require less space and can easily be placed at corners and in the refrigerators.
- They are not completely sufficient to remove all the harmful contaminants.
- Faucet purifiers are associated with leakage problems.
PUR vs Brita: In-depth Comparison
Learn the following differentiable components to understand the comparison PUR vs Brita!
There are two types of filters that you can purchase with regards to the PUR brand: standard type and lead removal. The standard type helps to remove chlorine, heavy metals, industrial pollutants, microbial cysts, herbicides, and some industrial chemicals. On the other hand, the lead reduction can reduce lead and other heavy metals, some pesticides, pharmaceuticals, and some industrial pollutants.
There are two types of filters that you can purchase with regards to the Brita brand: standard type and longlast type. The standard pitcher chiefly removes chlorine and metals like cadmium, mercury, and copper. On the other hand, the longlast pitcher reduces some other emerging contaminants like industrial chemicals and pharmaceuticals along with chlorine, lead, and other heavy metals.
Both the brands provide you with safe water but comparing Brita filter vs PUR, the latter combat a wider variety of contaminants.
The taste depends on the quality of the aqua which is to be distilled. We found out that, through our extensive taste testing, mostly all of the people preferred the water filtered from the Brita pitcher more than that from the PUR pitcher.
After testing the two types of both PUR vs Brita faucet filter: the Brita standard and longlast filters, and the PUR standard and lead reduction pitchers. The lifespan of both the standard pitchers will be approximately 2 months, depending on the usage. The longlast pitcher has an extended lifespan of roughly 6 months. The lead reduction pitcher lasts for approximately 2 months.
There is a minute difference between the qualities of pitchers used in Brita vs PUR daily. The former has more secure lids and felt less top-heavy when the reservoirs were filled with water, while the latter has a slightly larger capacity and is easier to disassemble.
PUR has six different pitcher options: three with the standard pitcher and the other three with lead reduction pitcher. They only vary in capacity and are all stylistically similar.
On the other hand, Brita has a range of pitcher styles and sizes. Besides, they also have stream filters, which are designed to fit in Brita stream pitchers.
Through our PUR vs Brita reviews, you could easily pick your selection and eliminate all your doubts.
Other Products from PUR
- Water Dispensers: For more than two people residing in a family are recommended to purchase the best PUR water dispenser. Unlike a pitcher, it can dispense aqua while the filter is still working, along with its 18 cup capacity to hold plenty of water.
- Faucet Water Filters: These are smartly designed low price and right performance products capable of removing 99% of the particulates and providing distilled services.
- Under sink water filters: This is one that provides you with potable water at your sink through its casings.
Other Products from Brita
- Water Dispensers: This product brings you safe aqua to your house and helps eliminate common particulates from tap water.
- Faucet Water Filters: These are simple systems attached directly to your sink to divert the water flow and provide filtered water for drinking.
- Total Water Purifiers: This comes with reliability and a year-long warranty. Helps you to be safe from water-borne diseases.
Which Filter to Choose?
Are you still confused about what to choose? Then do not forget to thoroughly go through the water filter pitcher comparison and be an expert while you decide to purchase your aqua pitcher. People who want to spend less on filters and want better tasting water can go for the Brita brand, while those who want a pitcher that removes more stuff can go for the PUR brand.
Verdict and Our Recommendations for 2021
Water constitutes an important part of our life, and it is our responsibility to keep a check on its quality. So, if you do not have any filtration processor, then upgrade your drinking habits today. According to the overall guide, the Brita brand is the winner.
So, what did you decide to select: Brita or PUR? Do leave a reply!