Every weekend is for partying special! What can it be without steak recipes? Steaks go well with hot drinks and the best as a dinner recipe. Sometimes, after a long party night, we might have some leftover steaks that go refrigerated. How to heat up steak? Leftover steak recipes are just great when reheating is only done appropriately. Specific methods help you to get reheating steak perfectly and a variety of recipes that ignites your taste buds. Let us go and check some of the best and prominent practices to pave the way for delicious steak!
How to Reheat Steak in Microwave?
A small microwave always goes handy for reheating steak at the quickest time possible. However, how to reheat steak without drying it out? Let’s check it out!
- If you have some leftover cooked steak pieces the previous night, stock them well inside airtight bags or containers. You must keep it along with the gravy or juices that contain the steak flavor.
- The next day put the steak pieces in a microwave-safe dish and pour the juices on top of it. You can additionally add some spicy steak sauce or any other tasty dressing to top up.
- Wrap it around with a plastic sheet to retain the moisture within.
- Set the temperature to low or medium and heat them for 30 seconds and not more than that. To get a delicious steak, keep a check on the temperature and see that it reaches 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Microwave steak gets ready in a jiffy. If you let it go careless, then the pieces are going to get dried out! Always have an instant meat thermometer to check for deriving the exact texture.
Now that we have seen how to reheat steak in the microwave, we will go further finding out the oven option.
How to Reheat Steak in Oven?
Reheat meat in the oven with the simplest energy if the leftover was cooked to rare. Oven warming temperature is crucial here.
- With a steak knife, slice it well — preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Set up your baking tray along with the wired rack to place the steaks.
- Put the steaks at a reasonable distance on top of the rack, so that it gets heated up on all sides.
- Place the rack inside the oven and then keep it for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Reverse the sides after a while and keep checking it often so that the internal temperature goes up to 100 degrees Fahrenheit, which is just the perfect texture.
- Take it away from the oven and keep it aside for a few minutes before serving.
- Use a branded oven cleaner to get it cleaned and ready for the next recipe.
Following these steak tips in the oven, you can get the medium-rare steak. Now that we have seen the steps to reheat steak in the oven let us get to know the other alternate methods.
Alternate Quick Methods to Reheat Steak
Reheat in instant pot — this is another simple method that will let you know how to reheat steak. Take the leftover steak and put it inside an airtight plastic bag and seal it thoroughly so that no air enters and refrigerate it. Before cooking, take it away and let it get to average temperature. In the meantime, take a pot and fill it with water and boil it to about 120 – 140 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the bag inside the pot and let it get reheated. Ensure that the bag doesn’t touch the edges of the pot. Once the meat reaches the exact water temperature, it stops heating and becomes ready to serve. It hardly takes about a few minutes to warm up steak!
Skillet Method — we have seen how to cook steak in the oven without searing. This is a simple method to sear following that. Take a skillet, place it on the stove along with some oil or beef broth and heat it well until it smokes. Pat the steak pieces dry and put it on the skillet and sear it appropriately. Take 60 seconds for each side. This will get the crust crispier and the center; as medium cooked steak, which is very soft.
Leftover Grilled Steak Recipe — fire up the grill and place the remaining sliced steak pieces along with some vegetable oil or a barbeque sauce. You will get different flavored meat that can go as filler in a sandwich or along with half boiled vegetables as a salad. Once the grill is well heated up, it hardly takes ten minutes for the steaks to get ready. Even ribeye steaks get reheated fine in this way!
The Methods That Didn’t Work
Having seen some methods on how to heat steak, it is undoubtedly essential to know how not to do certain things.
We always wish to eat steaks as crispy as possible. However, to have it in that texture, we will still have to sear it on a skillet. In any case, if we try cooking it directly on a skillet with vegetable oil or the beef broth itself, the searing doesn’t come in the right manner. The broth makes the steak pieces retain the moisture. However, the juicy flavor of the steak gets lost while it is getting heated up in the skillet.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long can you keep cooked steak?
The type and quality of meat generally define its storage strength. Tender and fresh beef can be stored as long as 4 to 5 days. If the beef meat is slightly old and hard, it can be stored up to 2 to 3 days. When kept beyond these days, the meat can turn rough and hard to cook it soft.
How to reheat steak without cooking it?
The best way to reheat steak without letting it cooked further from any heat source is the instant pot method, as discussed above. When placed in an airtight plastic bag and kept within the boiling water, it gets heated up till it reaches the water temperature well but does not cook further.
What to do with leftover steak?
When you have leftover steak, reheat it as per any of the processes mentioned above. Further, you can stir fry that with your favorite sauce. You can also place it within bread slices along with some veggies to make sandwiches or eat it along with raw vegetables to have it as a salad. Leftover steak pieces can also be added as toppings for your favorite pizza and lasagna recipe. It can be added to the fresh cream soup as well. There are so many options! Make use of it with the best kind of recipe you like!
It is fairly effortless to reheat steaks in a way that tastes delicious. Do not forget to use the instant meat thermometer to keep checking the reading and take it out from the heat source at the exact time. Leftover steak ideas can get innovative every time as we prepare varied recipes! We at mykitchenadvisor have given a glance at how to reheat steak in the best possible manner. We are always there to assist you in any aspect and at any time!