Do you have less counter space in your kitchen that you can fit one more gadget – a 2 slice toaster? Or not interested in getting the best 2 slice toaster at all? You might be wondering how to make toast without a toaster? Well, we do have great alternative methods.
How To Toast Bread Without A Toaster?
You can make the toast using the slow cooking or boiling method in the oven or using a frying pan on the stovetop. This is even possible by using the best microwave oven or a campfire if you wish to go camping. Peruse on to find out more on how to make a toast without a 2 slice toaster?
How To Toast Bread In Oven?
Can you toast bread in the oven? It is possible, and the results are incredible. Without much delay let’s find out how to toast bread in the oven?
Slow Toasting Method:
- Preheat your oven to attain a temperature of 350°F. Wait to hear the oven beep sound to keep the bread inside.
- Place the bread onto a baking sheet. Keep it on the middle rack so that it is centrally located. It will help you to get the bread evenly toasted.
- After five minutes is over, open the door of the oven. With the help of tongs, flip the bread slice over to the other side
- After five more minutes, take the toasted bread from the oven. Remember to use oven mittens when you hold the baking sheet. With the help of tongs, place the toast on your plate from the baking sheet. You can use any of your favorite toppings or spreads on the toast, and it’s ready to serve.
You can go for classic options like Nutella, cinnamon, and sugar coating or peanut butter. You can even opt for creative toppings like goat cheese, walnuts, olive tapenade, or fig jam. Well, there you go. The perfect crispy toast without a 2 slice toaster.
You can also make toast in an oven by using the broiling method. This is another method to skip the use of a 2 slice toaster.
- The broiler is present near the top portion of the oven. Hence, move the oven rack to the topmost area so that the bread is ideally placed near the broiler.
- Next, you need to broil the oven and allow it to preheat. For this, you will find an on or off switch or, at times, a low or high button on the broiler. By using the high or on the switch, You can warm the boiler for around five minutes.
- Place the bread slice on the ungreased baking sheet. Slide the baking sheet to the topmost rack of the oven. This will place it close to the heat source. Do not have a baking sheet at home? No worries. You can set the bread slice on the oven grates directly. This will serve as a great option if you’re planning to toast lots of slices at once.
- Remember to watch the bread slice closely. If left unattended, the high heat from the broiler may either turn the toast extremely crispy or burn it. So after one or two minutes have passed, flip the bread slice using an oven-safe tong.
- After two minutes are over, remove the baking sheet from the oven using oven mittens. Then carefully remove the toast from the sheet to a serving plate and serve it with a topping or spread of your choice. Voila! The delicious toast is ready without using a 2 slice toaster.
How To Toast Bread On Stove?
Are you wondering how to toast bread in a pan without having to use a 2 slice toaster? This method is quite similar to making French toast. By using a little butter or oil, you can create the best toast without using the best 4 slice toaster. Here are some steps that will help you toast bread on the stove.
- Keep a non-stick or cast iron pan on the stove. Keep it on medium heat and allow it to heat up slowly.
- As the skillet is getting heated up, spread some butter on either side of the bread slice. The butter has to be at room temperature to make it spreadable and soft.
- Next, place the bread slice on the pan and cover and cook it for two minutes. By trapping the —heat inside, the toast will cook faster.
- Use a spatula and flip the slice to the other end and cook. Reduce the flame if you don’t want the toast to burn or be extremely crispy.
- The toast is ready after two minutes without even using a 2 slice toaster. Remove the toast from the skillet to a serving plate using a spatula. You can use whatever spread or topping you like and enjoy your morning breakfast.
Can You Toast Bread In A Microwave?
Is it possible to toast bread in the microwave? Though it may sound absurd, it does work. However, you need to pay close attention. To make toast without toaster using a microwave, you need to follow the steps below.
- Keep your favorite whole wheat bread slice on a plate and place it in your small microwave.
- Click the start button and heat it for one minute. Flip it over and continue heating for one more minute. The toasted slice is ready to serve with a topping of your choice.
However, resort to this method only as of the last option. This is because if you are not careful and leave it unattended, you may end up getting a burnt or smoked up toast.
How To Toast Bread On A Campfire?
Not sure how to make toast using a campfire? Read on to find out how to get that perfect toast without a 2 slice toaster by using a campfire toaster.
- Choose a secure place to build your campfire. Make sure that the place does not contain any dry grass, debris, or low hanging branches.
- Position considerable rocks in a circular form and lay kindlings and start a fire. When the campfire is set, put some charcoal to the fire. Next, place a grill rack and cast iron skillet over the campfire.
- Place the bread slice on the skillet and toast it till its slightly browned. Flip it over and repeat the same. Once done, remove the roast from the skillet using tongs. Your delicious toast is ready to enjoy. Can you imagine, this was perfectly done without the need for a 2 slice toaster.
We hope these pointers will guide you to make your toast even if you don’t have a 2 slice toaster at home. It does not consume much time and energy like the 2 slice toaster, and the result is delicious. Why wait? Prepare your tasty brekkie right now! Also, visit our web portal mykitchenadvisor to find out more about how to toast bread without a toaster.