Java is undoubtedly the most favored drink worldwide from the time this wonder drink was known to mankind. It has a greater number of followers because you can try different varieties of this drink. Have a simple version of the drink by adding hot water and coffee or a creamier version of Latte and Cappuccino; you are sure to be taken in by its aromatic flavor. On a cold morning, with our coffee maker under maintenance, we decided to try our hands at making our favorite drink using a microwave. We are more than happy to say that it worked great for us and sharing here a few tips on how to make coffee in the microwave.
Make Coffee with a Microwave — Unknown Hacks
How to make coffee without a coffee maker? The simple answer is my microwave can do heating milk and water to perfection. So why not try microwave coffee.
Even before we proceed, make sure you have a microwave coffee cup to brew this delicious drink. Also, keep all the required items within your hands reach to ensure you don’t run around with the microwave in on mode. It is not advisable.
The steps mentioned below are for ardent followers of black coffee.
- Fill water in the microwaveable coffee cup and heat it for about 120 seconds on high temperature.
- Add two tablespoons of fresh grounds coffee to a filter or cheesecloth.
- Fold the cheesecloth or filter to form a ball with coffee inside it.
- Immerse cloth into the cup of hot water by sticking a fork to it.
- Keep the cloth immersed in hot water for a minute or so. Press it a bit to make sure you make the mixture strong.
- You can transfer the contents to another cup and enjoy the refreshing drink.
Like we have said earlier, the omnipresence of this beverage is not only due to its refreshing taste but also because of the endless varieties one can from it. Here is another method to make coffee without a machine.
- Use a large microwave-safe mug and fill water in it.
- Microwave it for 60 seconds so that water is not boiling but is hot enough.
- Add two tablespoons of roasted ground coffee to get a strong flavor.
- Stir water for a few seconds to allow the grounds to mix.
- Mixing it at the right water temperature will give a creamy foam on the top and make sure you get the maximum aroma and taste.
- Allow the mix to sit for some time so that the grounds settle at the bottom of the cup.
- Transfer the mixture to another cup slowly.
- Add sugar, hot milk, or milk cream as per your preference to add more taste.
These methods to make coffee without a coffee maker can also be tried with cheap small microwave as it requires only the heating feature of it.
How to froth milk in a microwave?
A creamier version of this delicious easy to make beverage requires you to be prepared with the nuances of heating milk in a microwave. The taste of your Cappuccino or Latte also depends on how you froth milk. Frothing milk in the microwave has two parts to it. First, you manually shake the jar to generate foam, and second, you microwave it to stabilize the foam. A detailed explanation of steam milk in the microwave is right below.
- Use a microwaveable jar and fill milk halfway full to make sure there is enough space for foam.
- Screw the lid of the jar tightly and shake it for about 60 seconds.
- Make sure contents in the jar are doubled, which means half milk and half foam.
- Microwave it for 30 seconds with the lid. Remove the lid and repeat it for another 30 seconds.
- The foam will rise on top, and the heat will stabilize the foam.
- Spoon foam over the coffee to give you a perfect cup of drink.
Now that you are a pro in making coffee in the microwave, you should also be able to try some easy recipes like instant coffee.
How to make Instant Coffee in a Microwave?
For those who do not have the luxury of time to get your perfectly ground coffee, can always turn to those readily available easy instant coffee mix. This easy way to make coffee without coffee pot is for people who are staying away from their homes and missing their home-made cup of coffee.
- Heat water in a microwave-safe cup for up to 40 seconds.
- Add a teaspoon full of instant coffee to it.
- You may also boil milk in the microwave and add it to this mixture
- Add sugar and flavor it with chocolate to treat the child in you.
Now you can make coffee in the microwave in all different flavors like vanilla, chocolate, etc. These hacks on how to make coffee in the microwave will be an inspiration for you to try other different recipes using the microwave.
Additional tips or considerations
Having learned the different ways to make coffee using a microwave, you might still have some questions lingering in your mind, such as how long to heat water in the microwave for coffee? How long to microwave coffee? Can you microwave your drink? And so on.
The answers are pretty simple and straightforward;
- It is entirely safe to microwave coffee as we do not have any reports which prove otherwise.
- On heating milk in the microwave and the time duration, you should use your judgment as it depends on the make of the machine you use.
- Also, while using the microwave to boil or heat milk, make sure you do not fill the cup to the brim. If it starts boiling, it may rise, causing spillage. You would want to land yourself in cleaning this mess. Always keep a watch even though you have set the timer.
While you can conveniently brew java, we are not fans of reheating this drink. You should have it fresh as soon as it is prepared.
Experiment with coffee mug cakes in the microwave to treat kids with these tasty delights. Our microwave ratings will help you zero in on the ideal one for your kitchen.
If this article on how to make coffee in the microwave has helped you in any way, we would be glad to hear from you. Give in your suggestions or share your experiences.
Mykitchenadvisor has some great recommendations for kitchen appliances and is home to many hacks that are aimed to do the cooking and to dine a unique experience.