Air fryers are minute convection types of ovens designated for stimulating deep frying food without submerging them in oil. A fan speedily circulates very hot air, causing crisp layers through a browning reaction called the Maillard reaction. This fan can push heated air to 400F all around your food. While the food is cooking, there is a container underneath the basket that catches any dripping grease. These convection ovens were utilized from 1945. Phillips introduced a novel convection oven called the air fryer in Berlin in 2010. This air fryer utilized a patented speedy air technology.
Today air fryers can even cook pizzas, nuggets, and a lot of recipes without wasting time. This article will discuss how you can cook frozen pizzas on air fryer ovens, leaving them sweeter and nutritious.
Benefits of Сooking Pizza in an Air Fryer
You can easily cook frozen pizza using an air fryer. It is also straightforward to do so.
The only thing you need to comprehend is the extent of heat required by the air fryer to cook and the frozen pizza’s thickness or size. Also, air fryers are typically designated to be easily utilized. All you have to do is set the time and temperature of cooking, and voila!
Cooking frozen pizza in air fryers takes a few minutes. The heat mostly stays in the device and isn’t lost to the surrounding air. This makes it efficient.
Air fryers are also used for reheating, cooking, grilling, roasting various types of pizzas hence rendering air fryers as versatile.
Much oil isn’t needed when cooking pizza in the appliance. Only spray some little oil, and you will have a brown and crispy snack. Hot air utilizes this little oil, and any other oils will get drained away. Therefore you will get tastier and healthier meals.
By cooking frozen pizza in air fryers, you will be saving time and money that you could have otherwise used to order carryout pizza. By the time you could have ordered, provide credit card info, and then wait for another 30 minutes to get it delivered, you could be halfway done with your sweet snack.
How to Cook a Frozen Pizza: Step-by-step Guide
- Firstly, let the temperature adjust to 400F while leaving it for 4 minutes to allow it to preheat.
- Then you should pull out your pizza pan from the appliance and spray some cooking oil to mitigate sticking.
- Easily load your frozen pizza and return that pizza pan into your air fryer.
- Permit the pizza to cook for up to 15 minutes effortlessly.
- Let it cool and enjoy your snack.
How Long to Cook a Frozen Pizza?
Generally, when you are air frying your frozen pizza, take up to 10 minutes off the stipulated time on the packs. Have a look at the following table to guide how long you can cook your frozen pizza.
|Pizza size||Pack weight||Air frying time|
|6 inches||6 oz||5 to 8 minutes|
|7 inches||7 oz||7 to 10 minutes|
|8-9 inches||8-9 oz||10 to 15 minutes|
|French bread pizza||10-12 oz||12-16 minutes|
It is noteworthy that there are varying air fryers; hence cooking time might require adjusting. It would help if you started cooking in a shorter time. Then pre-check when the pizza time is up and add some more minutes if need be. In case you need a crustier and crispier pizza, directly place your frozen pizza on the basket. If you want softer pizza, you may place parchments underneath the pizza.
Here are some useful tips to make the most out of air fryer ovens for frozen pizza.
- Dependent on your air fryer’s size, you can cook multiple pizzas at once
- Avoid overcrowding the basket to let the air fryer effectively circulate and have the pizza cook well. If you have a large air fryer, then you can add more pizzas.
- The basket’s size will highly determine the biggest you can even cook.
- Various pizzas might differ regarding thickness thus, you should put pizzas of similar thickness to cook together.
- If your pizza starts burning even before it has cooked, you should reduce the heat for the next one.
- You can also utilize parchment paper liners to reduce your cleaning time.
How to Make a Frozen Pizza Better?
You can easily change a typical frozen pizza into an amazing weeknight star. Here’s how you can better your pizza.
- Add some sauce like ranch, honey, olive oil.
- Season its crust to make it crunchier.
- Amp its freshness up by using fresh ingredients like onions, tomatoes et al.
- Add extra cheese.
- You can increase the heat a bit, but you need to watch over it.
- Extra herbs won’t do any harm.
Extra Tip: Best Air Fryers for Pizza
The best air fryer oven to cook frozen pizza is the large Yedi air fryer, with several inbuilt programs that ease cooking for everyone. It is also well made and can quickly help cook several healthy types of recipes in it. You cannot go wrong with this best top-rated yet inexpensive air fryer overall.
Other notable models include:
It is noteworthy that you can cook frozen pizza in an air fryer oven easily within no minutes. As long as you understand how to operate the buttons and the appliance, you can make all your recipes effortlessly.