Now we are going to share some of the best tricks for the process of cleaning a Nespresso machine. In many cases, the procedure depends on which tool you have. It’s easier than you think.
Before we start with the cleaning, we suggest you use a user’s manual, so you know which products are the best for cleaning, or what you can or can not do during this process.
How Often Should You Clean Nespresso Machine
You should clean Nespresso apparatuses after every use that is for sure. Especially if you are using your machine every day. In that case, the procedure of cleaning is a must. Just get it done. If you use it, time to time, and then scrub before the usage. Trust us. You will be glad that you did it.
What Will You Need for Cleaning a Nespresso Machine
Cleaning a Nespresso machine might sound super easy, and it usually is. Nevertheless, there are a few things that you need to remember so that we will mention them here.
- Use water and soap. People tend to use some special washing liquids, thinking it will be easier to clean the appliance thoroughly. It is, however, not recommended to do this as this often abrasive liquids can damage the unit.
- Use a damp cloth to clean the outer parts of the machine.
- Also, make sure to dry all the parts with a clean, dry cloth.
- We highly recommend you to use a Nespresso descaling kit.
Use a nylon brush. This dirt-free tool can quickly bring out any remaining things from each side of your device. Also, we suggest reading a user’s manual to see is there any product highly recommended by them. The choice is yours.
Steps How to Clean Nespresso Machine
Coffee machine cleaning procedure doesn’t take long. For proper maintenance, it is essential to keep coffee equipment free of any garbage or leftovers. To achieve that, do internal and external cleaning after and before every use.
- Start with a water tank. The water needs to be free from heavy mineral content. Otherwise, it can provoke the breaking down of your device more easily. The appliance will work more slowly, and also it will affect the taste of your drink. You don’t want that, do you? To avoid this situation, we suggest rinsing the water from the tank before and after every use.
- After this, do regular cleaning of your cup holder. We suggest flushing out correctly, so you can keep it away from all leftovers or rubbish left. It is a straightforward procedure, and also it keeps your machine in good condition. You need to scrub a drip tray every day.
- The next step is to throw out a capsule from a capsule container. We highly recommend emptying the tank after each use.
- As soon as you do all this, go to the next step. In this step, you don’t need to do anything; the machine will do it by herself. Just press the bottom, or two. As we mentioned before, how many bases you need to press depending on which machine you have. So, once more, please read the user’s manual to be sure how to use it properly. This part of the cleaning is effortless, and it takes about 5 minutes. First, press the button a few times repeatedly. Then wait for the button to start blinking. It is a sign that the process of cleaning started. It will need around 2 minutes before the steaming begins. This process of withdrawing water in and out, repeats two, maximum tree times frequently.
Don’t forget to rinse every part of your device, because washing is the most critical process in the cleaning procedure
Now you finished with the internal cleaning of your equipment. Don’t forget to do external cleansing with a clean cloth. Admit it; it wasn’t so hard to do it. And it doesn’t take a lot of your time.
Nespresso Machine Parts and How to Clean Them
Nespresso machines come with several parts that you can wash separately. These are a water tank, capsule disposal container, dip grid, and drip tray, cup holder and the lid. It is recommended that you clean the machine daily. Before cleaning, make sure to turn the appliance off.
- When washing some of the Nespresso parts such as water tanks, use fresh water and detergent or soap. After washing correctly, dry it with a clean, soft cloth. Keep in mind that you cannot wash the water tank in the dishwasher; you need to do it manually.
- However, parts like capsule disposal container, dip tray, lid, and so are dishwasher safe. Therefore you can choose whether you want to wash them by hand in warm soapy water or a dishwasher. If you put them in the dishwasher, make sure that they are in a top rack.
- We suggest that after you finish with the cleaning of all Nespresso machine parts mainly, wipe clean the surface of the unit. Beware that you shouldn’t put the appliance in the sink. Just wipe it with a clean wet cloth and use a dry one after. Also, don’t use any abrasive cleaners or scourer as they may damage the machine.
How to Descale Nespresso
The descaling process is just like the everyday cleaning process of your coffee machine. Now, we are going to share some of the best tips on how to descale a Nespresso device. Make sure you wash all parts of the Nespresso machine, that your capsule container is free of the capsule, and please, move out all from your drip tray. Then start with the process of descaling.
- First, turn on your device.
- Second, make a Nespresso descaling solution. We recommend mixing it with water. Put a mix of solution and water it in a water tank and then press the button. As we mentioned earlier, which button you will touch, it depends on which apparatus you have. The way you descale Nespresso is the same as at regular cleaning. When the switch starts to blink, descaling is beginning. The water will run out of your coffee machine.
- After you finish with the descaling process, do a regular cleaning once more. It is imperative to do the cleaning because you need to be sure that there is no more solution in your espresso machine. Be sure to wash the water tank appropriately, and that water is fresh. Repeat the process of cleaning, depending on which solution you prefer to use. You can use it some of the homemade solutions, or you can bay some already made for this purpose. If you use citric acid, for example, as a solution, wash your machine twice before using it again. We don’t recommend using vinegar because it is a powerful solution.
To be sure what is the best Nespresso cleaner check it in producer manual or on the Nescafe website.
How Often Should You Descale a Nespresso Machine
The descaling process of your device is a process of deep cleaning. In that context, we advise descaling it on every two or three mounts, depends on how often you use your Nespresso machine on dally base. So if you use it every day we recommend to do the descaling process more often. So it is all adds up to this: The descaling process should make your apparatus safe and clean, so your machine can work appropriately. Did you know that you can use a mobile app, which can be your remainder for the descaling process? Isn’t that cool?!
At there it is! We come to an end! We hope it was useful! Now you know not only how to clean your machine, but also there is more information about the descaling process, the best product to use, etc. In other words, you know just everything that everyone needs to know when it is about proper cleaning of your device. Of course, if you want to know more, advice mykitchenadvisor. If you’re going to get a better machine, please check out our page to learn the best Nespresso machine.
It wasn’t so hard. If you have some suggestions for cleaning these devices, please write below.
Until then, grab your favorite homemade coffee and have a good time! That’s all that matters.