The foreman grill is your best friend in the kitchen due to the versatility and ease of use that it comes with. But not all of us are sure about how to clean George Foreman grill and thus have a pretty difficult time trying to maintain it.
Cleaning grills is very important. In this article, we shall educate you on the right way to clean Foreman grill so that you can preserve this piece of gem for a longer time. There are several ways to do it, but one must also pay attention to the ways of cleaning that can harm your grill. One such example is using a scouring pad. The harsh scouring pad will only tarnish the non-stick coating, subsequently ruining it. Likewise, submerging the entire unit into a sink full of water is also not the best way to clean a George Foreman grill as it can hamper the heating elements.
Cleaning George Foreman without Removable Plates
Learn how to clean George Foreman grill non-removable plates simply by following the steps below:
- After cooking, uncover your grill and allow it to cool down to a temperature that is not hot per se but warm. This should take around 10 to 15 minutes.
- Dampen a soft kitchen cloth with water and wipe the surface gently.
- Once your cloth begins to catch too much debris and grease, use another piece. Clean the lid as well as under the grill.
- Use a silicone spatula if you notice any debris stuck to the surface.
- Use the most minimal amount of soap detergent on the surface with your cloth, and right away, clean it with a damp piece of paper towel.
The George Foreman grill cleaning may take some time and patience, but it is not a difficult task.
Cleaning George Foreman with Removable Plates
In the following steps, we have elaborated on how to clean George Foreman grill removable plates:
- Unplug the grill and let it cool down completely before you begin.
- Detach the bottom and top plates from the grill.
- Fill your basin with hot water and dishwashing soap. Put a sufficient amount of it so that it creates enough suds.
- Now clean the surface using a non-abrasive sponge. Do not use harsh sponges on nonstick surfaces. If you must scrub, use a nylon sponge gently.
- Take your plates out of the sink and clean them with plain water before allowing them to dry completely.
Try following this cleaning method after every use.
How to Clean George Foreman Grill Drip Tray
Clean a George Foreman griddle drip tray by following the steps down below:
- Pull out the drip tray from the grill carefully.
- Fill your dishwasher with warm and soapy water.
- Place your tray on the first rack.
- Let the dishwasher do its job.
- Take it out and let it dry completely.
The next time someone asks you how to clean George Foreman grill, tell them it’s as easy as ABC.
George Foreman Grill Exterior Cleaning
The right way of cleaning George Foreman electric grill is to clean its exterior as well. You can also take certain steps to do cleaning easier later.
Unfortunately, grease is not limited to only the grill plates and can also accumulate on other parts such as the sides and underneath of your machine. These parts require equal attention.
To clean the exterior, take a damp cloth and wipe off the grease gently from the surface and repeat it with paper towels. Find the grease to be absolutely obstinate. You may use a very small amount of dishwasher but be careful about wiping off the detergent after it has successfully removed the dirt and oil.
After that, allow it to air dry until it is absolutely devoid of any moisture whatsoever. Try to clean the exterior as regularly as the plates because the more you will enable the dirt to sit, the stubborner it will become.
We have accumulated some additional tips to make the cleaning of your indoor electric grill easier. Some steps are to be done before cooking and some after. Do not miss if you wish to cut down on extra efforts.
- Do not scrub vigorously. It only damages the non-stick coating.
- Soak the removable grill plates in warm and gentle soapy water. Avoid harsh chemicals.
- You must clean your drip tray right after cooking.
- Place aluminum foil on the plate before cooking to keep your grill less greasy.
- Turn off the grill right after your food is cooked. It will only harden the debris.
- Clean the drip tray while it is still warm.
- If the plates smell, rub a piece of lemon on them and wipe it off with paper towels.
Accessories You May Need For Cleaning
- The best grill brush
- Nylon sponge
- Regular sponge
- Paper towels
- Gentle dishwasher
You need not suffer at the hands of stuck and hardened debris that makes your experience terrible. We hope this article has helped you understand how to clean George Foreman grill. Follow the instructions, and you are gonna enjoy making the best grill dishes every weekend or even more.
Write to us about what you like about George Foreman grills.