- 1 Top 10 Best Wine Openers: Comparison Chart
- 1.1 Best Overall: HiCoup Professional Waiter’s Corkscrew Review
- 1.2 Super Mobile - Secura Electric Wine Opener Review
- 1.3 Easy Cork Remover: Wine Ziz Wine Air Pressure Pump Opener Review
- 1.4 Simple and Effective: IPOW WS01 Wine Cork and Beer Cap Opener Review
- 1.5 Ease of Use - RedNoel Corkscrew Wine Opener Set Review
- 1.6 For Natural and Synthetic Corks - OXO SteeL Vertical Lever Corkscrew Review
- 1.7 Multifunctional - Chef Craft 21318 Waiters Corkscrew Review
- 1.8 Lead-free Zinc Alloy: Bellemain Premium Corkscrew Wine Opener Review
- 1.9 Compact and Lightweight Design: Cuisinart CWO-25 Electric Wine Opener Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About the Best Wine Opener
- 2.1 What is a Wine Opener or a Corkscrew?
- 2.2 Are electric wine openers worth it?
- 2.3 Are all wine openers safe?
- 2.4 How to use a wine opener
- 2.5 How to Choose the Best Wine Opener
- 2.6 Best Wine Opener Types
- 3 Best Wine Opener FAQ
- 4 Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020
Top 10 Best Wine Openers: Comparison Chart
Best Overall: HiCoup Professional Waiter’s Corkscrew Review
- A GREAT VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY!!! Don’t let the price fool you, this is a fantastic sommelier inspired, premium quality and durable 3 in 1 multi-function waiters key. This corkscrew elegantly blends the features of a wine corkscrew, bottle opener and foil cutter all together in a stylish and DURABLE 420 STAINLESS STEEL body with comfort-grip wood handle. It inspires confidence and offers the satisfying, solid heft of a fine tool and feels good in the hand, like a well-balanced kitchen knife.
- DOUBLE HINGED FULCRUM provides extra leverage and smoother pulling of even the longest corks. The two step hinge makes opening wine twice as easy by allowing for a nice, 2-step pull and removal of the cork and offers a significant mechanical advantage over older-style single-hinge corkscrews.
- LONG, ROUNDED AND SERRATED FOIL CUTTER removes all types of foils and eliminates the need to purchase another gadget. It is also specially designed to reduce the risk of slippage and minimize any tearing of the foil or plastic. NOTE - IF THE FOIL KNIFE IS DIFFICULT TO OPEN, SIMPLY APPLY A LITTLE BIT OF OIL AT THE KNIFE'S HINGES TO LOOSEN IT UP. THIS WILL USUALLY DO THE TRICK!
- A HIGH-QUALITY PRODUCT BACKED BY OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE - We'll let our reviews and seller feedback speak for themselves. We are so confident in the quality and durability of our products that we stand behind them 100% with a FREE LIFETIME . If something breaks or if you don't absolutely love your new waiter's corkscrew we will OFFER A REPLACEMENT and/or REFUND YOUR MONEY, no questions asked
- SPECIALLY DESIGNED WORM made of heavy duty steel is to cleanly remove any natural or synthetic cork in only 5 turns with no breakage. The precision-cut notch along the screw grips the cork firmly and also reduces the drag as it cuts through the cork, making it less likely the cork will crumble and offering a significant advantage over other types of screws.
Super Mobile - Secura Electric Wine Opener Review
- Rechargeable Electric Wine Bottle Opener - Easily remove corks in seconds. Compatible with most wine bottle sizes. Open up to 30 bottles on a single charge.
- Easy to Use - Simply place on top of your wine bottle, press a button, and tada, your wine is open and ready to serve.
- Small Footprint Saves Space - Our electric wine bottle opener is small enough to store discreetly away when not in use. Keep the charging base next to your wine fridge, storage rack, credenza, etc.
- Makes an Amazing Present - An elegant color makes our electric wine bottle opener an attractive present, or use it at home, when catering, at banquets, in restaurants or behind the bar.
- Reliable product and service - 100-240V wide input voltage range covers The known voltages of most places in the world. We offer 12 months and lifetime friendly customer service. NOTE: Please charge your wine opener every three months when not in regular use, so as to extend the lifespan of the battery.
Easy Cork Remover: Wine Ziz Wine Air Pressure Pump Opener Review
- Top rated by BGR - TechnoBuffalo The new air pump wine opener is a simple, easy and fast way to open up a bottle of wine without the hassle of pulling and twisting, simply slid the needle in, pump a few times, and the cork is out. It eliminates cork damage.
- The most efficient and convenient way to open a wine bottle. No pulling, twisting, or broken cork pieces. Compatible with all types and sizes of wine bottles. There are no fumes, and no gas is needed for the Air Pressure pump to work correctly.
- The wine opener comes with a durable blade foil cutter, The Wine Ziz foil cutter removes the foil top from your wine bottle effortlessly, with a quick turn of the wrist and done, leaving your glass bottle looking great, with smooth edges and ready for cork removal. (Cork not included)
- Great for bar, cafe, restaurant, or home use. The smooth finish makes it very easy to clean. Excellent gift idea for wine lovers, Wine Ziz is also giving you a no-questions-asked Moneyback guarantee if you are not satisfied with your purchase. Click Add to Cart and Buy Now!
- The new Wine Ziz air pump wine opener comes in just the right size to fit in your bag or travel bag. It is also lightweight, which makes it easily portable.
Simple and Effective: IPOW WS01 Wine Cork and Beer Cap Opener Review
- Durable High Quality and Easy to Open: Our polished finished corkscrew is made by premium zinc alloy, which ensures longer durability and stronger corrosion resistance. The lever principle applied structure saves your strength to open the wine easily.
- Multifunctional Wine and Beer Opener: The considerately designed end opens all beer cap bottles efficiently and allows you to take it safely, hang on it conveniently. The exquisite screw removes corks from most cork-stoppered bottles, including wine, olive oils, vinegars.
- Ergonomic Anti-Slip Wing Handle: Ergonomic curved lines and the anti-slip rubber grip cover contribute to a comfortable gasp and less downward pressure to pull out the cork. The hard sharp zinc alloy screw helps you rotate the corkscrew into the cork quickly.
- Contemporary Modern Design: Our sturdy wine bottle opener feels substantial when held in your hand and looks elegant on the table. It is the best wing corkscrew wine opener used at both formal and casual occasions for home, bars, meetings, party or wedding ceremony.
- Satisfied Purchase Ensued: IPOW emphasizes both high quality and leading after-sale customer service. We stand back at our product. Any issue, just contact us via e-mail through your buyer center to enjoy an efficient solution. Our prompt helpful customer service will surely work out all your issues.
Ease of Use - RedNoel Corkscrew Wine Opener Set Review
- - RedNoel WINE TOOLS SET FOR WOMEN'S - This stylish corkscrew uncorks any size wine bottle with a single pull. 4-PIECE WINE ACCESSORIES KIT includes 1* rabbit opener,1*foil cutter, 1*corkscrew worm/spiral and 1* corkscrew stand. The set comes in an elegant convenient box.
- - LIFETIME WARRANTY: We appreciate the choice of our clients. That’s why the main goal is to make every our customer happy. We take care of every customer and ensure you if for any reason you don’t like the product, we will make you a refund without hesitation. Make a right choice. Buy it just now!
- - THIS UNIQUE WINE TOOLS SET- No struggles with broken and stubborn corks any more! It’s never been so easy to open a bottle of wine before. This stylish corkscrew uncorks any size wine bottle with a single pull. Follow our instructions and you will enjoy the flavor of your favorite wine.
- - EASE OF USE and LEVER PRINCIPLE - will make your life easier. Due to its excellent design it looks awesome in any wine bar. Not only a necessary thing for connoisseurs of wine but also a perfect gift for any special occasion. This wine corkscrew offers portable fast effortless performance and convenience.
- - MATERIAL: Each element of our set is made of high-quality materials due to its simple and attractive design made of durable stainless steel , it provides an excellent combination of beauty and practicality. This Rabbit sommelier set for holidays, garden parties, anniversary celebrations, wedding receptions, restaurants, birthdays, home party, family reunions.
For Natural and Synthetic Corks - OXO SteeL Vertical Lever Corkscrew Review
- Lever removes cork in seconds with two easy motions
- Works with natural and synthetic corks
- Die-cast zinc handle with soft, non-slip grip provides leverage for comfortable use
- Removable foil cutter stores on the Corkscrew for quick access and convenient storage
- Releases cork automatically with a simple pump of the lever
Multifunctional - Chef Craft 21318 Waiters Corkscrew Review
- Corkscrew includes built in foil cutter and bottle opener
- Measures 4-1/2" in length
- Two step construction makes pulling out a cork easy
- Screw is sharp to easily cut through cork
- Top rack dishwasher safe for easy cleaning convenience
Lead-free Zinc Alloy: Bellemain Premium Corkscrew Wine Opener Review
- FOR THE TOUGHEST CORKSCREW | 100% LEAD-FREE ZINC ALLOY: When you get our corkscrew in your hands, you’ll feel the difference: Our heavy-duty corkscrew’s innovative alloy harbors greater strength and resistance to corrosion than traditional die-cast or metal.
- ERGONOMIC EASY-GRIP DESIGN FOR EASY PULLING: Waiter’s corkscrews usually require about 50-100 pounds of pulling force to extract corks. Bellemain’s hand-friendly grips are shaped to ensure strainless uncorking: the butterfly dual-levered structure also makes opening incredibly simple and easy.
- TREATED CORKSCREW SPIRAL | NO MORE CORK-CRUMBLING: Nobody likes picking out pieces of cork from their wine. Glide through corks without damage or crumbling with a triple-treated non-stick spiral. It glides through even the most stubborn corks.
- ELEGANT, TIMELESS DESIGN WITH MIRROR FINISH: This Bellemain heavy-duty corkscrew has graceful, curved lines that are classic and contemporary. With a mirror-chrome finish and stylish case, keep this in your bar ready for any special occasion.
- LIFETIME “UNSTUCK” GUARANTEE | NEVER BUY ANOTHER CORKSCREW: When you’re happy, we’re happy. That’s why we honor your trust in our product with a no-holds-barred, anything-goes 100% lifetime replacement warranty.
Compact and Lightweight Design: Cuisinart CWO-25 Electric Wine Opener Review
- Uncorks up to 50 bottles on one charge, recharges quickly with NiHM battery pack
- Simple operation with two buttons: "Remove" to uncork wine and "Eject" to release cork
- Stainless steel design looks elegant and wipes clean easily
- Powers through synthetic or natural corks without breakage
- Foil cutter included to neatly trim off foil seals, stores in charging base
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About the Best Wine Opener
Opening and sharing a bottle of good wine is a sophisticated process. You must have all the right equipment and correct wine accessories for it to become an enjoyable moment.
What is a Wine Opener or a Corkscrew?
A wine bottle opener is a tool used to open a bottle of wine. Generally, wine bottles have corks as the lid or stopper. Some also have a screw top which is easy to open. To take out the cork, there are many types of openers. One of them is a corkscrew. A simple corkscrew has a pointed metallic worm or helix with a handle. The tip goes into the cork and is pulled out with the cork, by the handle.
Are electric wine openers worth it?
Many connoisseurs think that manual wine openers are best. However, electric wine openers have some advantages:
- It can remove the cork in seconds
- Can open a large number of bottles very easily
- No hard work required. No twisting and pushing
- For people with problems in their arms or lacking strength in wrists, it is a boon
- As a gift to friends and family who are old
Electric openers are easy to use and convenient when a large number of bottles are to be opened.
Are all wine openers safe?
Yes, most of the best wine opener is safe. However, if someone is clumsy, then everything becomes unsafe! When taking out the cork from a bottle, you will need a sharp, pointy thing. Manual wine openers can hurt a person if not held or used properly. With electric wine openers, there is also a danger of electric shocks or getting a burn. Just follow all instructions properly, and there won’t be any problems.
How to use a wine opener
There is such a wide variety of wine bottle opener available in the market ranging from simple corkscrews to battery-operated ones. Some are complex, while some are simpler to use. A double hinged wine opener is probably the most widely used. Here is how you can use it
- Remove the foil over cork
- Push tip of the metal screw into the cork
- Twist until corkscrew is about three fourth of the way in
- Push base hinge against the lip of the bottle and gently pull the cork
- Once it is half out, engage the second hinge with the lip of the bottle
- Just gently pull out cork completely in a smooth motion
- Now you can pour out wine and enjoy
How to Choose the Best Wine Opener
It may seem easy, but choosing an opener can be tough! You may pick the best wine opener in the world, but it may not be correct for you! You need to consider how much you are going to use it and how often. This will guide you to identify the right type of wine opener. We have a few tips and pointers about various things that you should take into account while buying
Screw, in the wine opener, is very important. The length of the screw should be at least 1.75 inches. If you use a shorter screw, then it may break or tear cork. You may end up with residue in wine. For travelers and waiters, a small and easy to carry size is important. Mostly a wine key or screwpull wine opener is the best choice for something lightweight and small. Electric or lever ones are best used in homes or bars.
If you look for style in everything, then you will not be disappointed! The wine openers offer a great variety of styles and looks. Even the simple corkscrew ones come in different colors and finishes. Some electric ones have beautiful lighting effects. There are some interesting pieces with specific designs to match your home décor. There is no shortage of options when it comes to style.
Ease of Use
You want to take the cork out of the bottle, but you don’t want to wrestle with a bottle! A good corkscrew wine opener will have the leverage to get the cork out without much problem. If you are opening many bottles, then ease of use is very important. More so, if you don’t want your arms aching or cork breaking into pieces.
Some of the best electric wine opener runs on batteries. Do check before purchasing about the type of batteries and how many required. Always keep extra batteries around, especially when you are planning to host a big party.
As far as durability goes, the simpler an opener, the durable it is! There are some metallic, winged corkscrews, which can last you forever. Always look for good quality products which are sturdy.
Compatibility With Corks
Natural corks can expand with a bottle and are preferred by true wine lovers, but they can also become brittle and break more easily. The lever corkscrews are easy to use and work well with natural corks that are quite old with long-aged wine.
Synthetic corks are cheaper and are good for short time storing because they cannot expand over time. They are not brittle and don’t disintegrate easily. Wine keys and winged corkscrews are best for synthetic corks.
Some people prefer buying a complete wine opener set.
Many wine openers come with a foil cutter. However, in some cases, you will have to buy it separately. You don’t need a foil cutter, but it adds to the whole process of opening a bottle.
Apart from the simplest of corkscrews, most of winged and hinged openers have a bottle opener. Having a bottle opener is necessary where you are going to be opening all kinds of bottles along with wine, like, beer or soft drinks.
There is a type of standing wine opener that allows you to hold your bottle in place. There is a stand that keeps the opener at the right height. It keeps a bottle standing firmly, and the screw goes in the right way.
Best Wine Opener Types
These are the original openers. They require a lot of force and arm strength. They are not very easy to use, but they are satisfying. It is used more for its show-off quality than ease of use. You will need some practice before you can use it confidently. This is a cheap wine opener.
A wine key is also called a waiter’s corkscrew. The best wine key has three main parts: a foil cutter, which is for removing the foil, a lever, and a screw or ‘worm.’ After removing the foil, insert the worm into the cork and twist until it is fully in. Now, rest its metal arm on the lip of the bottle and pull its handle to bring cork out. This is an old fashioned wine opener.
Air Pressure Wine Opener
This has a needle in place of the worm. The needle is hollow, and once inserted in, you need to press a button. This will send CO2 into the bottle and create pressure. This pressure will push the cork out. This is great for events where you need to open multiple bottles. Generally, it will last for about 100 uses. You may use a CO2 refill pack or use another opener.
Air Pump Corkscrews
This is similar to an air pressure opener. It is a simple and easy wine opener to use. You will have to insert a hollow needle into the cork. Now, you will have to pump a few times to get the required air in. Without the hassle of twisting and pulling, the cork will come out easily. There is no damage to the cork.
This wine bottle opener was first introduced in the 1930s in the US. It has two levers that look like wings. As its screw goes in, its wings are raised. When you push its levers, cork comes out. Most of these openers have a top, which doubles as a beer opener. It is quite easy to use and looks good as well.
Electric Wine Openers
Most of them are battery-powered or run on electrical charges. These are simple to use and require no arm strength. They are ideal for the elderly or for people who have reduced arm movement. You just need to push a button, and it will do the rest of the work. Generally, it will also take care of foil as well. Now, the worm will go in, and cork will come out in a jiffy. Battery wine openers are great for big parties.
This is also called a bunny or rabbit ears because of its distinctive shape. It is simple to operate, and even a newbie will find it easy to use. There are two handles with your bottle in place. Once its screw goes in, squeeze its levers, and cork will pop out.
Ah So wine Opener
This is slightly more difficult to use when compared with other openers. It is best for vintage bottles that are sealed with corks, which may have become brittle. It is a two prong gadget that you need to slide between the cork and bottle. Now, twist and gently pull with its handle. The cork will come out whole. It is called a ‘butler’s friend’ because any servant can remove the cork, take a swig, and replace the cork without anyone noticing. However, this is in a lighter vein!
Best Wine Opener FAQ
What is the easiest wine opener?
If you find opening a wine bottle difficult like many other people, then an electric or automatic wine opener is best for you. In a matter of seconds, it will do this job for you. However, if you want to do it right, then use a corkscrew with levers. It is not very difficult to use and adds to the glamour of opening a good bottle of wine. You would love to show it off on your bar.
How to use an electric wine opener?
To use an electric opener
- First, take the foil off the bottle, either with an attachment in the opener or manually
- Now, place your bottle on a flat, sturdy surface
- Place opener over neck of this bottle correctly
- Press a button to start and watch as the screw goes in
- In a matter of seconds, the cork will be out.
The electric wine bottle opener is a convenient and easy way to open a bottle. It does take more space to store and use.
How to use a corkscrew wine opener?
There are three types of best corkscrew that we can use.
Wine Key: There is a long metal screw, and a flat part called a lever. There may also be a foil cutter depending on which model you have. This is a professional wine opener.
- Twist its worm into cork. Continue till it is almost fully in.
- Place lever against bottle so that its curved marks fit properly against bottle lip.
- Gently rock and twist to pull it out.
- Hold the bottle firmly with one hand.
- Cork will come out shortly
Winged Corkscrew: this one has two levers that look like wings on either side of a ring. Inside this ring, there is a metal screw. There is generally a beer bottle opener on top. This is maybe the best corkscrew.
- Place a ring over the cork. Its wings should be down
- Now turn the tab to twist this worm slowly into the cork
- As the screw goes down, you will notice that wings start to rise. Continue till they are fully up
- Now gently bring both arms down, and you will notice cork come out
Simple Corkscrew: the best corkscrew is the simplest one. It looks like a ‘T.’ There are a spiral worm and a handle. Some even have handles that can fold and are easy to carry around as a pocket wine opener.
- Position the screw tip on the cork top
- Start twisting clockwise until only last turn of worm is visible
- Hold its handle and start to pull the cork out.
- Rock and twist gently to get the cork out completely
How do you open a screw-top bottle that won’t open?
Screw tops seem very simple to open but sometimes can get stuck. Here are a few things you can try
- Rubber Bands: wrap a rubber band around the lid. It will give a good grip to you to hold on to.
- Rubber Gloves: just like rubber bands, wearing rubber gloves to open a stuck lid is another option. Instead of bare hands, you will get a better grip.
- Pry it open: use a knife point to gently pry a lid open. You will have to be careful and not hurt yourself or damage the bottle.
- Hair Dryer: A hairdryer with its warm air can loosen the cap. It can make the seal pop or loosen. You can try hot water as well, but it can affect the temperature.
Should I use a particular type of wine opener for older wines?
People have different preferences, but we feel that the ‘waiter’s friend’ is the best wine opener for older wines. Generally, these wines have natural corks that become brittle with age. While taking them out, it is easy to break them and even get residue in the wine. Two thin prongs go between the cork and the bottle. This way, you get more control over delicate corks. It is also known as two prong wine opener.
Will it spoil the wine if I get bits of cork in it?
No, if bits of cork get into the wine while opening, it may look a bit unsightly, but actually, it won’t harm the wine or change its taste. It is only when fungus or the chemical TCA enters the wine and turns the wine sour that it gets spoiled. You should use the best wine cooler to keep the wine tasting good. The right temperature is very important for wines.
Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020
Wine openers are available in a wide variety of shapes, styles as well as sizes. You must find out what your needs and priorities are. Do you want the most affordable one or the most stylish one? Or, is it the ease of use, which is your main criterion! You can divide the openers into
- Traditional corkscrews: these are affordable and small. Best as a travel wine opener.
- Wine keys: this is easier when compared with traditional ones. They have a lever.
- Winged Corkscrews: probably the most popular. Has two levers and is easy to use
- Lever Corkscrews: they have handles which hold the bottle while the screw goes in.
- Automatic: electrical or battery operated wine openers. Easy to use. Can open several bottles fast
- Legacy openers: it is generally a countertop wine opener. High-end and generally have ornate finish
Like we mentioned earlier, when you choose the right opener then you must remember these points
- Ease of use
- Length of worm
With the right information, it will not be difficult to select the best wine opener – HiCoup Professional Waiter’s Corkscrew. Go ahead and pick the most suitable one for you. Read mykitchenadvisor for more information. Pick the best wine opener 2020 and celebrate with your near and dear ones!