- 1 8 best smoker box for gas grill: comparison table
- 2 Buyer’s Guide
- 2.1 What is smoker box for gas grill?
- 2.2 The basics of using a smoker box on your grill
- 2.3 How does a smoker box work on a gas grill?
- 2.4 What are the advantages of having a smoke box?
- 2.5 Smoker tube vs. smoker box
- 2.6 How to choose the best smoker box for gas grill
- 2.7 Best smoker box for gas grill types
- 3 Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020
8 best smoker box for gas grill: comparison table
It is possible to grill meats and vegetables, but it only achieves perfection once the smoky flavors permeate the food. You can create a smoky smell with a gas grill with smoker box. The material is brushed-stainless steel, which gives it an elegant look. It is quite small and easy to use. Its construction is top class and works precisely the way you expect it to. Even though it is small, this product can produce a good amount of smoke and flavor. Its design is good.
This smoker box for gas grill is a good combination of efficiency and convenience. You can use this product in an easy way to add a lot of flavor to your meals.
Why We Like It
- Even after prolonged exposure to high heat, it will not warp
- The manufacture and design of the product is excellent and user-friendly
- There are holes on top and bottom, and these produce good volumes of smoke and flavors
This is among the best smoker box for gas grill. It is heavy-duty and has more capacity when compared with other containers in its class. The material is extra thick stamped stainless steel. This is a high-quality product and will not warp from the heat of the grill. It will fit perfectly in small or big grills. It has more capacity for wood chips, and you won’t need to refill regularly. The manufacturer is very confident of the product, and that is why it offers full money-back and replacement for the product.
This smoker for gas grill is durable and sturdy. You can put a large number of wood chips in it, which means you spend more time enjoying with friends than changing the wood chips.
Why We Like It
- It has a large capacity for wood chips
- Its heavy-duty stainless steel material will not warp
- It will fit with all kinds of grills, be it gas, charcoal, or infrared
This is a durable grill master smoker box and gives the best results. The thick stainless steel will not warp in heat. Its shape is wide and slim. This results in more wood to metal surface area and gives a better smoking effect. You can place almost 3 cups of wood chips at one time. You will not need to refill often. Its thin shape can easily fit between the grates of the grill, or you can place it directly on the charcoal. The chips do not burn but just smolder for better results.
This container is not big but has a large capacity for wood chips. The shape is wide and thin and can fit comfortably between grill grates. The stainless steel is thick and durable.
- The product comes with helpful tips and recipes
- It can be an excellent gift for friends and family
- You can fit almost 3 cups of chips and results in less number of refills
- If it remains on high fire for a long time the lid can warp
- The welding can start to break after prolonged use in high heat
Gas grills are very easy to use and are convenient to use, but the smoky flavor is missing. This smoker box has a V-shaped bottom, which makes it perfect for most of the gas grills. This backyard grill smoker box sits between the flame deflector bars and infuses the food with intense smoky flavors. It has a lid with hinges and is easy to open and use. It is sturdy thanks to the high-quality stainless steel. It is about 14 inches long and will fit in most of the medium or large-sized grills.
This V-shaped product is among the best smoker box for gas grill 2020 is good for adding a smoky flavor to your grilled food. It is sturdy and produces a lot of smoke and flavor.
- It is better to use this than an expensive smoker grill
- The wood chips can last for a long and produce a lot of smoke
- The ashes of the wood chips remain in the box and don’t dirty the grill
- The holes are too big, and it is difficult to control the oxygen
- It sits in such a way that the wood chips start to burn instead of smoking
This smoker box is compact in design yet packs a punch. It is about 9 by 4 inches in size and fits all kinds of grills easily. It is made with sturdy stainless steel. It works best when you keep pre-soaked wood chips like cedar, mesquite, or any other wood chips. There are enough vents in the box to let the right amount of oxygen into it. The top has perforations to allow smoke to infuse food with a smoky flavor. It is a versatile product and easy to use.
This smoker box for gas grill is the best size for different types of grills. It is compact and yet very efficient. The smoky flavor you get is delicious and infuses the food in the right way.
- It works well with all types of grills like gas, electric, and charcoal
- It takes very little space so you can place it on top of the grille
- It is efficient, and you can clean it very easily without any mess
- There are no holes in the bottom, so the amount of smoke is less
- The stainless steel is thin and does not hold heat for very long
The Weber smoker box is a stainless steel smoker box that is very easy to use. The best part about this box is the lid, which not only has hinges but also comes with a hefty tab. This is why it is easy to open and add chips while refilling. The dimensions are about 9.7 by 4.7 by 2 inches, which makes it perfect for all types of grills. If you place the smoker grill gas under the grates, the smoke will rise-up and infuse your food with flavor and smoke in a great way.
The large tab on the lid and the hinges make this gas grill smoker box is very easy to use. You can use with grills of all types and will produce the right amount of smoke.
- Very easy to add wood chips while using and refilling
- Stainless steel is durable
- You can use it with different types of grills
- It is hard to regulate its smoke output. It is either too much or too little
- In rare cases, the unit can catch fire and can be a hazard
Smoking on a gas grill is convenient, but you need to have the right equipment. This is where the smoker box comes into the picture. It is efficient and easy to use. It is effortless to clean it after every use because of the non-stick coating. The V shape of the smoker box makes it easy to place it between the flame deflector bars on the gas grill. The lid has hinges, and you can open it without any problem. It is just about 6 inches in length, which makes it compact and easy to carry.
This smoke box for gas grill adds the best smoky flavors to the food. The non-stick coating means that it is effortless to use and clean. You can read more in smoker box for gas grill reviews.
- This V-shaped smoker box is made of non-stick metal
- Hinges on the lid make for easy access in case you need to refill
- The ashes remain inside the box, and it is effortless to clean the box
- It is not stainless steel so that it may rust. To prevent this, you have to oil it regularly
- The non-stick may come off after prolonged heat exposure
Unlike stainless steel, cast iron is durable and sturdy. It is heavy and produces a good amount of smoke and flavors. It is just like having a cast-iron skillet, but this one is best for smoking. This product comes with easy step by step directions. It is not difficult to assemble or use it. If you need more holes on the bottom or sides, it is possible to drill a few extra holes for better infusion. It is a propane bbq with smoker.
A good combination of smoke box gas grill is perfect for adding smoky flavors to grilled food. It is a bit heavy, but its smoke quality is superior.
- Its cast iron material is durable and strong and will last a long time
- It is effortless to use and clean
- Very easy to follow directions to assemble and use it
- Sometimes lid and bottom may not match perfectly due to its design
- Cast iron can rust and even shatter if you are not careful
What is smoker box for gas grill?
A smoking box for gas grill is a metal box in which you can place wood chips. You keep the box on the grill, and once it is hot, it transfers heat to the wood chips. This is when smoke comes out. Its bottom may have holes depending on the type and brand. The top has holes to let the smoke come out and infuse your food. Find a perfect combination of best grill and smoker.
The basics of using a smoker box on your grill
The basics are elementary.
How does a smoker box work on a gas grill?
How to use a smoker box on a gas grill? It can be a grill and smoker in one, or you will have to use a separate one. You keep wet wood chips in the box and heat the box. This makes the wood chips release smoke and infuse the smoky aroma into the food. It is the same with propane grill with smoker box.
What are the advantages of having a smoke box?
Unlike wood or charcoal grills, the best affordable gas grills are more efficient. However, its smoky flavor is missing. This product will help you to get the best kind of flavor. You can add different wood chips for different flavors. Get more information on the smoker box for gas grill reviews.
Smoker tube vs. smoker box
Smoker Tube: it can be square, circular, or hexagonal. You can fill it with wood chips or ready-made charcoal or wood pellets. You can roll it around to spread heat evenly.
Smoker Box: this is either a rectangular or V-shaped box. You fill it with wood chips and place them on grill or underneath. It is easy to refill a smoker box.
How to choose the best smoker box for gas grill
Most common materials used for the metal smoker box are
- Stainless Steel
- Cast Iron
- Non-stick coating
The correct size is essential for the right fit with the grill. If it is too big, then you will need to place a large number of wood chips, and if it is too small, you will have to refill repeatedly. The most common sizes are 9*5*1.5 inches and 13.8*4.2*2 inches
The lid design is important because once your box is hot, it can get stuck. Lids with hinges and large tabs are best. Lids should fit with bottoms in a perfect way.
Some products come with a non-stick coating. One significant advantage of this is the ease of cleaning and removing ashes. You can let it cool and remove ashes and debris without any problem.
Easy to clean
You want a product that will be easy to clean and not increase your work. Non-stick ones are easy to clean. Stainless steel and cast iron require some effort and elbow grease to clean.
You can get the best gas grill under $1000 while you can find a good smoker box between 10 and 20 dollars. Instead of price, find the best specifications like size and effectiveness.
Best smoker box for gas grill types
These are rectangular and look like a rectangular container. It can lie flat on the grill or underneath. These are very common and easy to use. It is easy to open and refill these. There are some smoker attachments for gas grills.
These smoker boxes are triangular or V in shape. You need to buy the right size to make it fit correctly. They are not as effective as flat ones.
The hexagonal smoker box is not very common, and it is more like a tube. It is tough to open these to refill. You can use them with a BBQ grill and smoker.
Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020
People love cooking on a grill, mainly because of the distinctive smoky flavors that they get. When it comes to grills, a gas grill is efficient and very easy to use. However, it does not impart the same smoky flavors as a charcoal grill. This is where a smoker box will help you. We at MyKitchenAdvisor have given you the details and information about the best smoker boxes. We feel that the Mountain Grillers Smoker Box for Wood Chips is the best among all. It is easy to use and produces a good amount of smoke. Its design is excellent, and you can open its lid without any problem. Even at high temperatures, it will not warp. Go ahead and choose it for your grill and enjoy some of the best tasting food.