- 1 Top 10 Best Rooibos Teas: Comparison Chart
- 1.1 Best Overall: Rooibos Rocks Review
- 1.2 Highly Recommend: Freshpak Review
- 1.3 Traditional Chai Tea Blend: Yogi Tea Review
- 1.4 Caffeine Free: Harney & Sons Review
- 1.5 Rich in Antioxidants: House of Rooibos Review
- 1.6 Trusted Quality: 365 Everyday Value Review
- 1.7 Pure Ingredients: Numi Organic Review
- 1.8 Fair Trade Certified: The Republic of Tea Review
- 1.9 100% Organic: BOS Review
- 1.10 Uncompromisingly Healthy: Davidson's Review
- 2 What is Rooibos Tea?
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Verdict and Recommendations 2021
Top 10 Best Rooibos Teas: Comparison Chart
Best Overall: Rooibos Rocks Review
- DITCH THE CAFFEINE JITTERS AND GET A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP. Perfect as a delicious tasting, naturally caffeine free alternative to Coffee, Black and Green Tea. Rooibos Rocks, a Moment of Calm in a World of Crazy.
- SUGAR FREE and CALORIE FREE - A delicious alternative to sugar loaded sodas. Drink Up Guilt Free! Perfect Hot or Iced. Keep a pitcher in the fridge for the whole family to enjoy. 🙂 Bring the heart of Africa to every kitchen with a gift of our gorgeous Organic Red Rooibos Tea boxes! They are the perfect present for all tea lovers.
- FEEL THE GOODNESS. ROOIBOS ROCKS! Bursting with Powerful Antioxidants that boost the immune system and offer you a cleansing detox.
- MAKE A DIFFERENCE and MAKE A CHANGE TODAY. Supporting local tea growing communities, USDA Certified Organic Rooibos tea bags is Sustainably and Ethically Farmed only in the South African Cederberg Mountains.
- GREAT VALUE 100 FINEST QUALITY SUPERIOR GRADE ROOIBOS TEA BAGS BULK in 5 foil fresh pouches in every box. Great for Tea Gifts too! Because we are so sure about the premium quality of our organic Rooibos Rocks tea, we offer you a complete satisfaction 100% money back guarantee. If for any reason our tea does not meet or exceed your expectations, please feel free to connect with us directly and we will happily arrange a refund.
Highly Recommend: Freshpak Review
- South Africa's most popular Rooibos Tea: Original Version.This is not the New Packaging version.
Traditional Chai Tea Blend: Yogi Tea Review
- FLAVOR: Chai Rooibos tea combines rooibos with a traditional Ayurvedic blend of cardamom, cinnamon and clove for a delicious spicy taste.
- BENEFITS: Delicious Rooibos and Ayurvedic warming spices - including Cardamom, Cinnamon and Clove - make for a creative twist on a traditional Chai blend.
- ORGANIC: USDA Certified Organic and Non-GMO Project Verified.
- CONTENTS: Caffeine free, Vegan, Kosher, Gluten free, No Artificial Flavors or Sweeteners and individually packaged in compostable tea bags.
- BREWING SUGGESTIONS: To get the most out of every cup, bring water to boiling and steep 7 minutes. For a stronger tea, use 2 tea bags.
Caffeine Free: Harney & Sons Review
- It looks like tea, and it has healthy properties, but it has no caffeine
- Rooibos, which translates into Red Bush, is from South Africa
- Steep for 5 minutes in boiling water before drinking
- Caffeine free
Rich in Antioxidants: House of Rooibos Review
- THE TEA GIFT FOR TEA LOVERS - Because Rooibos is rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals it supports our immune systems. It is caffeine free, so it's a natural and healthy detox tea. It is unsweetened and has no calories, so it's ideal for dieters! Perfect for anyone
- DELICIOUS FLAVOR - The unique earthy flavor of Rooibos has made it a favorite of tea lovers for generations. Rooibos (it's African name, meaning Red Bush), is also known as Red Tea because of its appetizing, deep red color.
- NO CAFFEINE - Because Rooibos tea contains no caffeine, it does not cause stress or anxiety. It's a calming and relaxing drink. Enjoy as many cups as you like, even at bedtime, and still sleep peacefully! All the benefits of decaf tea, and more!
- PURE & ORGANIC - House of Rooibos tea bushes are carefully cultivated and hand-harvested. The USDA organic seal on every box is your guarantee that it is Non-GMO and our farmers use no chemicals, pesticides or herbicides. No added flavorings or preservatives. Ever. Each cup is delicious pure Rooibos - and nothing else!
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - House of Rooibos is a family-run business with traditional values. We grow by providing great products and responsive service. That's why every box of our Rooibos tea is 100% satisfaction guaranteed. And why our tea loving customers come back for more, again and again!
Trusted Quality: 365 Everyday Value Review
- Brought to you by Whole Foods Market. The packaging for this product has a fresh new look. During this transition, you may get the original packaging or the new packaging in your order, but the product and quality is staying exactly the same. Enjoy!
- Our Organic Rooibos Orange Vanilla Crème is made using Rooibos plants grown in the fertile Cedarburg Mountains of South Africa. Rooibos is an all-natural botanical which has been brewed into an herbal 'red tea' beverage for many generations.
- It has a rich aroma, deep red color and pleasant earthy flavor with a subtle, sweet aftertaste.
- Our Organic Rooibos Orange Vanilla Crème Herbal Tea contains certified organic Rooibos and an enlivening splash of blood orange, tangerine, lemon, vanilla and other natural flavors.
- Certified Organic, Certified Kosher.
Pure Ingredients: Numi Organic Review
- TRADITIONAL SOUTH AFRICAN HERBAL TEA--Rooibos is a naturally sweet and soothing herbal tea that has been prized for hundreds of years for it's honey-sweet taste and pleasing aroma. Equally delicious hot or cold. Your stress will melt away with every sip.
- MORNING AFTERNOON OR EVENING-- It's always a good time to enjoy a cup of this rich, earthy brew with sweet honey overtones. Caffeine free and packed with antioxidants; rooibos is a traditional tea from South Africa known for its naturally sweet taste.
- Numi offers premium organic full leaf quality teas & herbal teasans blended w/ only 100% real fruits, flowers, & spices, & no natural or artificial flavors; fragrance free, sugar free. Try our black, green, white, pu-erh, rooibos, herbal, & turmeric teas. Together for H2Ope
- USDA Certified, Organic, Non-GMO Verified, ethically sourced & farmed Fair Trade Certified & Fair Labor Verified ingredients, Carbon Free, Vegan, Gluten-free, Halal, Kosher, B Corporation, post-consumer recyclable & biodegradable sustainable packaging.
- Our premium organic teas compare favorably to Choice, Traditional Medicinals, Tazo, Rishi, Twinings, Yogi, Bigelow, Stash, Harney and Sons, Celestial Seasonings, Davidsons, The Republic of Tea, Taylor's of Harrogate, Teavana, Prince of Peace, Tea Forte.
Fair Trade Certified: The Republic of Tea Review
- This caffeine-free herb makes a rich, red brew with full-bodied flavor
- We've gone a step further and deepened its character and health benefits by blending finely ground rooibos with the leaves
- Delicious on its own or swirled with milk and honey
100% Organic: BOS Review
- USDA ORGANIC: BOS rooibos is sustainably farmed and certified organic and our teabags are certified biodegradable and contain no plastics
- PACKED WITH ANTIOXIDANTS: Rooibos is a superfood packed with antioxidants, electrolytes and essential minerals.
- NATURALLY CAFFEINE FREE: Organic Rooibos is naturally caffeine free so you can enjoy it morning, noon & night.
- HAND HARVESTED: Our organic, hand-harvested rooibos is sustainably farmed in the Cederberg mountains, just outside of Cape Town South Africa.
Uncompromisingly Healthy: Davidson's Review
- Pack with 100-count tea bags
- 100% Certified Organic South African Rooibos
- Healthy and delicious tea
- A pack of 100-count Unwrapped tea bags
- USDA Certified Organic and Fair Traded Certified
What is Rooibos Tea?
It is a kind of tea made from red tea rooibos bush. It is a native drink of the Western Cape portion of South Africa. According to the facts, this bush is only grown in this part of the world.
The rooibos plant is a bushy member coming from the Fabaceae family. Its leaves match the earthly flavor of yerba mate. Also, the hint of sweetness and vanilla-like flavor present in it is the reason that makes it so popular!
It is known to have no caffeine content; therefore, it has a high preference among a large group of people. Similar to green tea, it also has high antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which often makes it a popular choice among fitness lovers.
Rooibos Tea Benefits
According to the rooibos tea reviews, a few of its most important benefits are as follows:
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties: It is an effective source of natural antioxidant, which is great for protecting the body cells from the harm caused by free radicals. A flavonoid named quercetin is the major reason for the benefits provided by the drink. Therefore, drinking this brew is an awesome way of adding an ample amount of quercetin in your daily diet.
- Heart health: Another flavonoid called Chrysoeriol is present in rooibos and is effective in maintaining good heart health. It is a great compound for reducing bad cholesterol and high blood pressure.
- Diabetes: The antioxidants present are also beneficial for reducing the symptoms of diabetes.
- Cancer: Quercetin present in it is also responsible for inhibiting the growth of cancerous cells. By doing so, it further strengthens the human immune system.
- Digestion: It is believed that drinking rooibos tea is a great way of achieving an excellent digestive system. It helps to prevent diarrhoea and other abdominal pains.
- Weight management: Rooibos tea for weight loss has always been famous among fitness lovers because of its impressive fat metabolism ability. It helps to lose weight and maintain a desirable shape!
Rooibos Tea Side Effects
Although rooibos African tea is well-known for imparting premium health benefits, every good thing comes with side effects as well. The most probable side effects of this drink are as follows:
- Estrogenic activity: Rooibos is helpful in preventing cancerous cells, but people suffering from cancer due to estrogenic imbalance must consult a doctor before having this. One such example is breast cancer, therefore, make sure that you avoid this drink if suffering from any estrogenic disorder.
- Drug interactions: The high antioxidant content often interacts with your chemotherapy drugs. Therefore, if you are on chemo, then prefer taking doctor’s advice before drinking rooibos.
- Kidney or liver damage: If you have a sensitive kidney or liver, then also it is highly recommended that you talk to a physician before drinking bulk rooibos tea
Things to Look For While Buying Rooibos
Red or Green Rooibos?
Rooibos leaves are of two main types, namely, green and red. Although both of them come from red rooibos bush, their production methods cause the difference.
Red bush is oxidized to harvest rich maroon colored leaves. On the other hand, the green bush is not oxidised; therefore, it does not achieve the reddish tint.
If you are a fan of oxidized leaves, then go for the red one, or else the green leaves will fit your needs well.
Loose Leaf or Tea Bag?
We would recommend you to opt for loose leaf rooibos tea, so that you can taste the freshest flavours. In case you are planning to buy this dink for travel purposes, buy the teabag version as it is portable and easy-to-make.
According to the rooibos tea reviews, the flavor mostly depends on the length of oxidation. The flavors of red variety include woody, smoky, and sweet flavor profiles. Often they also have the essence of caramel, honey, vanilla, and geranium.
The green variety, on the other hand, features crisp and grassy flavor profiles. They are much lighter and full-bodied compared to the red variety.
Best Brands Overview
It is a United States-based company that specializes in the production of herbal, green, white, red, and other tea varieties.
- Six 20 count boxes of Madagascar Vanilla Rooibos tea bags
- African red rooibos tea infused with vanilla for added sweetness
- Caffeine and gluten free
- No artificial flavors, colors or artificial preservatives
- Steep tea bag in hot water for 4 6 minutes for the perfect cup
Twinings of London
This brand is famous for producing tea, coffee, beverages, hot chocolate, and so on. It is based in Andover, Hampshire.
- FRESH FLAVOR: Six boxes of 20 Pure Rooibos Red Tea Bags. A distinctive herbal tea expertly blended using only 100% pure rooibos for a sweet taste. Steep for four minutes for the perfect cup of Rooibos herbal tea.
- ONLY THE FINEST QUALITY: Our expert blenders source only the finest leaves cultivated to our exacting standards by trusted growers around the world. From these tea gardens we hand-select the leaves that will shape your next Twinings moment.
- ROOIBOS TEA: A distinctive herbal tea expertly blended using only 100% pure rooibos to deliver a flavorful tea with an uplifting aroma and naturally sweet taste.
- RICH HISTORY: In 1706 Thomas Twining began selling fine tea from an English storefront in The Strand, London. Today, Twinings still sells some of the world's best teas from the original store and in more than 100 countries throughout the world.
- HAND SELECTED FOR YOUR HOME: Made without artificial ingredients, Twinings natural teas provide a wholesome tea experience. If you enjoy Bigelow Tea, Lipton Tea, Harney & Sons Tea, Davidson's Tea, or Prince of Peace Tea - try Twining's of London Tea.
It is one of the most well-known brands for producing organic products. Their high-quality organic products are healthy and trustworthy.
- ROOIBOS TEA BAGS - 20 Tea Bags filled with premium rooibos from South Africa.
- ORGANIC ROOIBOS TEA - The tea is filled into tea bags and packed into foil-lined kraft bags in California
- 20 ECO-CONSCIOUS TEA BAGS - Our premium tea bags are constructed of Abacá Hemp Fiber Paper. They are free of dyes, adhesive, glue and chlorine bleach. No staples, strings, bags or extra waste - just delicious tea!
- CERTIFIED USDA ORGANIC - All our products are certified USDA Organic by California Certified Organic Farmers (CCOF), a leader in organic certification. Look for the USDA Organic seal on our products!
- LOVE IT OR WE BUY IT - We don’t think you should pay for products that you don’t love. If you aren’t enjoying our Organic Rooibos Tea, simply let us know and we will refund your order - it’s as easy as that!
Cederberg Tea Company
This is the best rooibos tea brand as it is located in South Africa and specializes in the harvest of the red bush.
- FRESHEST POSSIBLE AND BEST VALUE- This batch of 100 teabags was hand picked at peak maturity and packed fresh in JUNE 2020 at our farm in the Western Cape of South Africa. To get it faster, you'd have to come pick it yourself! With 2.5 grams packed in each teabag, that's more than half a pound of premium rooibos in each box! Sealed in five foil pouches of twenty tagless teabags each.
- PURITY - 100% Top Fine Cut Rooibos Needles with no stems. NEW AND IMPROVED TEABAGS are made of biodegradable and compostable heat-sealed filter paper and will not burst during steeping.
- DELIGHTFULLY CAFFEINE FREE AND KETO FRIENDLY- Looking for a satisfying alternative to coffee or black or green tea? A keto diet drink? A bold and flavorful herbal tisane? As the freshest Rooibos on the market, here's a naturally caffeine-free Organic Rooibos that brews a deep amber color with full-bodied flavor. Refresh and relax with this delightful tea any time of day or night.
- BOUTIQUE FARM WITH WORLD CLASS SAFETY AND QUALITY CONTROLS- Our Rooibos undergoes super heated steam sterilization to insure a product free of microbiology. Each batch is laboratory tested for bulk density and moisture levels and approved for export by the South African Perishables Product Control Board. Certified organic by Lacon GmbH. Tea bags are oxygen whitened, recyclable for a fully natural experience.
- ANTIOXIDANT RICH- Rooibos is bursting with antioxidants, including quercetin and aspalathin. As Rooibos is low in tannins, it can be steeped for a long time with no bitterness.
My Red Tea
This brand, too, is popular for harvesting good quality red brew. The brand is located in South Africa and founded by Kim Koen.
- Rooibos Tea, USDA Organic from My Red Tea. South African, 100% Pure, Single Origin, Natural, Farmer Friendly, GMO and Caffeine Free. Sustainably farmed. 80 Teabags
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Make Red Brew?
The steps for making red brew are as follows:
- Boil water.
- Warm the teapot.
- Put the leaves in the teapot and pour hot water.
- Let it soak well for 5 minutes.
- Strain leaf solids and pour it in a teacup.
Does Rooibos Tea Have Caffeine?
Rooibos does not contain any traces of caffeine. Moreover, when compared to the other brew varieties, it has low levels of tannin as well.
Verdict and Recommendations 2021
We hope this article was able to help you know everything about the best rooibos tea in 2021. Make sure you taste one of the premium brands suggested by us. So, when are you planning to drink a red brew and add some health values to your life? We would love to know!