- 1 Top 8 Best Roaster Ovens: Comparison Chart
- 1.1 Best Overall: Hamilton Beach 22-Quart Roaster Oven Review
- 1.2 Simple & Easy: Oster Roaster Oven with Buffet Server Review
- 1.3 Removable Roasting Pan: Oster 18-Quart Roaster Oven Review
- 1.4 Stainless Steel: Hamilton Beach 28 Lb Roaster Oven Review
- 1.5 Auto-temperature Control: NESCO MWR18-14 Roaster Oven Review
- 1.6 Dishwasher Safe: Nesco 4818-14 Classic Roaster Oven Review
- 1.7 Attractive Design: Proctor Silex 32191 Roaster Oven Review
- 1.8 Stay Cool Side Handles: Nesco 4816-14 Porcelain Roaster Oven Review
- 2 The Best Roaster Oven: Buyer’s Guide
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Verdict and Recommendations 2020
Top 8 Best Roaster Ovens: Comparison Chart
Best Overall: Hamilton Beach 22-Quart Roaster Oven Review
Simple & Easy: Oster Roaster Oven with Buffet Server Review
- 18-quart roaster oven fits up to an 18 pound turkey
- Electric buffet server with 3 removable enamel-on-steel pans and lids to keep dishes warm for serving
- Saves 30% time and uses 36% less energy than a traditional oven
- Removable steel rack raises food above the cooking liquid
- Secure-fitting lid helps trap heat and moisture
Removable Roasting Pan: Oster 18-Quart Roaster Oven Review
- 18-quart roaster oven roasts, bakes, and slow cooks and fits up to a 22-pound turkey
- Self-basting lid recirculates moisture for tender and delicious roasts
- Saves 30% time and uses 36% less energy than a traditional oven
- Removable enamel-on-steel roasting pan for fast, even heat distribution and easy cleaning
- Variable temperature control dial to set cooking temperature from 150 to 450 degrees F
Stainless Steel: Hamilton Beach 28 Lb Roaster Oven Review
Auto-temperature Control: NESCO MWR18-14 Roaster Oven Review
- 18 quart capacity
- Removable enamel cook well
- Cool touch handles
- Adjustable thermostat from 200 to 450 degrees
- Ul approved
Dishwasher Safe: Nesco 4818-14 Classic Roaster Oven Review
- Exclusive "Circle of Heat" heating element
- Removable porcelain cookwell
- Adjustable Thermostat to 450 degrees
- Extra-high dome, self basting cover helps maintain moisture
- 18-Quart capacity
Attractive Design: Proctor Silex 32191 Roaster Oven Review
Stay Cool Side Handles: Nesco 4816-14 Porcelain Roaster Oven Review
- 750-Watt heating base for moist, even cooking
- Removable 6 quart cook well serves up to 6 people
- Full-range temperature control (200°f - 450°f)
- Durable porcelain enamel finish
- Stay cool side handles
The Best Roaster Oven: Buyer’s Guide
Benefits of a Roaster Oven
According to the best roaster oven reviews and ratings, some of its benefits are as follows:
- Helps you retain meat moisture: Roaster oven helps to cook food without making them dry by retaining the moisture in the meat.
- Easy to use: The user interface is very straightforward and can be handled by almost everyone.
- Easy maintenance: They are easy to maintain and clean, which is a great advantage. Most of them can be cleaned using just soap and water.
- Affordable: It is much cheaper than a conventional stove. There are a lot of options and brands to choose from and find the best cheap roaster oven fitting your budget.
Things to Look For While Buying a Roaster Oven
Dimensions and Capacity
The roaster oven must be large enough to make space for the large pieces of meat. Most of the brands manufacture capacity ranging from 16 to 22 quarts. You can also find something as small as 6.5 quarts if needed. But a 6.5 quarts appliance will be very small for preparing a whole turkey meat piece. You can use it for preparing small chicken pieces at best.
We would highly recommend you to invest in an 18qt roaster oven because it easily makes space for 18 to 22 pounds of turkey meat, which is enough for a mid-size picnic or a party. If you want to cook 24 to 26 pounds of turkey meat, then 22qt size will work for you the best.
Power plays the most crucial role in electrical appliances. Higher the power, more accurate, and faster is the cooking process. We would recommend you to choose a model that allows you to regulate the power. Also, the power regulator must be smooth enough to make the regulation process easy.
You must first decide the dishes you are planning to cook in the appliance, this will help you choose the power that fits your needs the best. According to the best roaster oven reviews, 400 W is the best power for preparing most of the dishes. In case you feel this power isn’t enough, you can choose as per your needs.
Temperature Range and Controls
An electric roaster oven has variable manual thermal and automatic thermal control options. When choosing a variable thermal control option, make sure that you can clearly see the temperature markings on the panel situated beside the regulator. 150B° to 450B° F is the optimum temperature segmentation. For an automatic control system, try to look for LED indicators. They are helpful in guiding your understanding of the appliance’s settings. Also, it is recommended that you look for a timer setting that shuts the stove automatically after the cooking ends.
The material of any cooking appliance is a very important thing to be considered while investing. The cooking surface not only plays a significant role in the process of cooking but also decides the ease of maintenance. The best material for a chicken roaster oven is enameled steel as it offers effective heat distribution and excellent heat retention. You must stay away from metals like aluminium and stainless steel.
A turkey roaster oven must include a good quality lid that helps in retaining the moisture and heat of the food. Most of the models come with a dome-shaped lid which is great for large pieces of meat. There are also stoves that have a self basting lid, such lids help in easy circulating of the moisture throughout the food.
Safety is obviously the first thing to be kept in mind while cooking. The most common solution provided in a stove for safety is an automatic switch-off when cooking for too long. This helps to avoid accidents when the device is switched on by mistake. A cool front is also very important so that the temperature of the stove door remains within 50°C.
Ergonomics and Portability
The appliance must have a cool-touch handle and lid so that you do not end up hurting yourself accidentally. Also, the metal decoration used must be safe enough for your health. Avoid stainless steel and aluminum decorations as far as you can. You can easily carry a small roaster oven while traveling because of their lightweight and small size.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Can I Cook in a Roaster Oven?
You can use the best roaster oven 2020 to roast, boil, bake, broil and heat your food. It is an all-in-one purpose appliance that will do everything to make your food delicious. The best foods to cook in it are turkey meat, chicken breast, stew, baked potatoes, and so on.
Does Roaster Oven Cook Faster than Conventional Oven?
As a roaster oven is small in size, the appliance gets heated up faster and cooks the food much faster than a conventional stove. Therefore, it saves both times as well as energy while cooking.
Verdict and Recommendations 2020
We hope this article was able to help you know everything about the best roaster oven 2020. Make sure that you follow this guide so that you can choose the best quality brand on the market. So, when are you planning to buy the best roasting appliance and prepare the most delicious turkey meat for yourself? We would love to know!