- 1 TOP 9 Best Products: Comparison Chart
- 1.1 Best Overall: Afforable + Durable - Cuisinart Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill Review
- 1.2 Best Looks: Most Reliable - Weber Q1000 Liquid Propane Grill Review
- 1.3 Best For Precise Temperature Check: Weber Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill Review
- 1.4 Best Portability: Coleman Propane Grill Review
- 1.5 Best For Long-Term Use: Char-Broil Grill2go Portable Tru-Infrared Gas Grill Review
- 1.6 Best To Assemble Quickly: Coleman Portable Stand-Up Propane Grill Review
- 1.7 Best For Small Families: Weber Q2200 Liquid Propane Grill Review
- 1.8 Best For Easy Grilling Experience: Giantex Propane Tabletop Gas Grill Review
- 1.9 Best Pricing: Pit Boss Grills Stainless Steel Two-Burner Portable Grill Review
- 2 Buyer's Guide: the Best Portable Gas Grill Out There
- 3 FAQ
- 4 Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2021
TOP 9 Best Products: Comparison Chart
Best Overall: Afforable + Durable - Cuisinart Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill Review
The Cuisinart Petit is the best portable gas grill 2021 has to offer that can be carried along almost anywhere. This makes it a perfect addition for tailgating parties, camping trips, family picnic, etc. It can even be used in apartment patios, where grilling space is a luxury.
The unit is quite easy to store, set up, clean, and move around. Heat distribution is even and allows you to cook a large variety of food items like meats, vegetables, etc. You can quickly cook three burgers at a time.
When it comes to ease-of-use, portability, and smart designing, there are hardly any units in the market that can beat the Cuisinart Petit.
Why We Like It
- Perfect for small families
- 145-square-inch cooking area
- 5,500 BTU stainless steel burner
- Foldaway legs
- Easy storage
Best Looks: Most Reliable - Weber Q1000 Liquid Propane Grill Review
This is a modern and stylish product that is somewhat simplistic and extremely easy to use. It offers the best user experience, and the cooking area is adequate to cook food for six people. It is an excellent choice for outdoor cookouts and tailgate parties.
The unit comprises of sturdy construction. The frame is glass-reinforced and nylon construction. It is deceptively light and can be carried around with ease. It’s also very easy to clean and maintain.
This Weber propane unit is the best portable gas grill if you are looking for something that looks great and offers an excellent service.
Why We Like It
- Fully assembled and ready-to-use
- Easy to maintain
- Auto-ignition button
- Modern design
Best For Precise Temperature Check: Weber Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill Review
This propane unit by Weber is high on functionalities and does not have any significant weaknesses. It can heat up fast and works evenly and quickly. The cooking grates are made of porcelain-enameled cast iron that is non-sticky and very easy to clean and maintain.
The Q1200 small portable gas grill is also fitted with a thermometer that will let you know the exact temperature of the unit. The surface is quite large. It is capable of handling and cooking large amounts of food.
This unit is a great addition to any camping trip because it is easy to use, clean, and control the temperature; of course, you still need to know how to start a gas grill.
Why We Like It
- Non-stick surface
- Easy to clean
- Snazzy side tables
- Temperature control
Best Portability: Coleman Propane Grill Review
This portable gas grill by Coleman offers you a great experience, wherever you take it. It is quite easy to understand and use, thanks to its instant electronic ignition. The unit is also capable of distributing even and consistent heat.
The cooking grate is porcelain-coated and can quickly cook food for six people. This grate is removable and can be replaced by a griddle or other grate accessories for cooking other food items. Its dome-shaped design delivers optimal cooking performance.
While this gas grill is compact and relatively affordable, its overall performance will blow your mind.
- Easy to transport
- Dishwasher-safe cooking surface
- InstaStart button (no matches needed)
- No resistance to wind
Best For Long-Term Use: Char-Broil Grill2go Portable Tru-Infrared Gas Grill Review
This Char-Broil portable gas grill is an excellent portable propane unit for outings. It comes with a large and lovely grease catch pan and a wide cooking area as well. This is the best char broil portable gas grill since it has a sturdy construction.
The handles and legs are constructed well, and the lid locks are quite tight. Thanks to the infrared technology, you will be able to get your food nice and hot, even in the coldest weather condition. It is perfect for rough weather conditions.
This is the best portable gas grill for rough outdoor conditions, primarily thanks to its sturdy built and infrared technology.
- High-impact frame with carrying handles
- 200-inch grate
- Robust built
- High working temperature
- Regulator leaks at times
Best To Assemble Quickly: Coleman Portable Stand-Up Propane Grill Review
This is the best small gas grill that features quick-fold legs and wheels for fast set up and transport. Features like these make this unit by Coleman a perfect addition for any camping trip. All you need to do is push the ignition button and choose the preferred heat temperature.
The small gas grill is equipped with three adjustable burners, which makes it perfect for cooking different types of vegetables, meats, and seafood. For more choices, you can also interchange the cooktops and use the griddle or stove grate instead of the grill. The possibilities are endless.
While this unit might look sophisticated, it is effortless to understand and use the appliance.
- Three temperature zones
- Changeable cooktops
- Improved control
- Easy to carry
- The water tray is long and shallow
Best For Small Families: Weber Q2200 Liquid Propane Grill Review
This is the best Weber gas grill that features a D-shaped burner that can efficiently heat up the cooking area. Additionally, the unit can also accommodate food for at least four people. The grates are made of high-quality porcelain-enameled cast-iron and offer a split grill as well.
This appliance is known for its even cooking. The portable gas grill heats up quickly and nice and holds the temperatures well. While it is a bit larger than other products on this list, the grates are removable and can be carried separately.
This portable gas bbq grill can deliver a great experience and a good choice for small- and medium-sized families.
- Available in different colors
- Two work tables
- Removable grates
- Large hood
Best For Easy Grilling Experience: Giantex Propane Tabletop Gas Grill Review
This Giantex propane gas unit is perfect for people who are looking for handy tabletop appliances and a satisfactory barbeque experience. This appliance is designed to serve outdoors. It is considered the best for beginners.
The lockable lid and the foldable legs make this the best small gas grill for beginners. It can also be stored easily and carried to different locations. Most users would agree that this gas unit is one of the best choices for outdoor picnics and easy camping.
For people who are new to the world of grill appliances, this Giantex compact gas grill is the best choice.
- 20,000 total BTUs
- Efficient temperature control
- Large cooking area
- CSA standard approved
- Easy to clean
- Produces smoke
Best Pricing: Pit Boss Grills Stainless Steel Two-Burner Portable Grill Review
This portable grill for trailers features a stainless steel grid construction; however, it is also very light and can be carried around easily. It includes two burners that deliver the right amount of heat. The ignition and thermometer monitor the heating accurately while cooking.
This is the best portable gas grill for camping because it is made of stainless steel and is easily cleanable. It is packed with a 38-inch hose for attaching to a propane tank. The grease tray at the bottom of the gas unit collects the extra oil during cooking.
This portable stainless gas grill provides the ideal heat for grilling and searing almost any food item.
- Independent burners
- Stainless steel construction
- Two 10,000 BTU burners
- Dome thermometer
- Size is small
Buyer's Guide: the Best Portable Gas Grill Out There
When it comes to having a BBQ, a portable gas grill should be one of your best options. And if we compare it with the charcoal counterpart, a portable gas barbecue grill, is more durable, cheap, and convenient.
We’ll be exposing you to the top-rated portable gas grills to ensure that you make no mistake when choosing natural gas grills!
Advantages and Disadvantages of Portable Gas Grills
Grilling with natural gas is very enjoyable, especially when you use the best propane BBQ brand with the best rating ever on the market.
Below are the major merits and demerits of portable gas BBQs:
- Easy and convenient to use: Once you turn on your best portable gas grill for rv, you are already on your way to finishing your cooking in no time! Pre-heating it takes about 10-15 minutes because it heats up quickly.
- Easy-Peasy Temperature control: With the temperature control knob, you can regulate the amount of heat that emanates from your portable gas bbq. Turn the knob to your preferred temperature and watch your food cook perfectly!
- It requires less stress when cleaning: Unlike the charcoal BBQ that is often messy and stressful to clean, the expensive or cheap portable gas grill is super easy to clean due to the less mess it creates. You only need to ensure that you clean every grime and grease that accumulates inside it after grilling. And you should always do an overall cleaning of the BBQ from time to time.
- It can be very costly: Nothing good comes cheap! Some exotic BBQs like the portable beach grill and portable gas grill with a stand might cost you some few bucks. On average, most BBQs can be lower than $200 and higher than $500 — it all depends on the spec and brand you decide to get.
- High risk of danger: The fact that gas BBQs require flammable gas to function, makes them quite dangerous. Hence, the propane tank must be handled with extra care if you must use one. It’s also advisable that you keep your propane tanks outdoor when not in use.
- Inability to reach high cooking Temperature: Unlike the charcoal BBQs, the propane types can’t reach a very high temperature. Most large BBQs, even if they are portable gas grills for camping, often have a higher temperature than the small or mini ones, but their temperature does not match that of the coal.
- Difficult Assemblage: Whether you are going camping or looking for the best portable gas grill for tailgating, you must note that some BBQs are quite hard to assemble, especially the expensive ones.
- It requires gasoline: Fueling your BBQ requires gasoline. Hence, you have to keep refilling your tank or gas line as you use the BBQ — which will cost you more money.
How to Choose the Best Portable Gas Grill?
Aside from the price, brand, and durability, the following are the things you should consider before making your choice:
BTU or Thermal Rating
The BTU (British thermal unit) enables you to know the gas output that helps to heat up your BBQ. Therefore, the higher the BTU, the hotter the temperature of your barbeque. You should also ensure that the BTU rating has an effective and efficient unit before buying.
Whether you prefer small models like beach grills or larger ones, the temperature control knob must be in place to enable you to regulate the temperature.
The type of BBQ you decide to choose can determine its portability. Some travel grills often come in very portable sizes that are capable of folding to fit into your vehicle.
You can also opt for the best small gas grill for your outings; they are very easy to carry and convenient.
Stainless steel and cast iron are the most popular burner/cooker elements because of their ability to handle high heat or temperature.
Ensure that there is enough distance between the grates and burners to help reduce flare-ups during grilling.
Check the handle to ensure that your fingers or knuckles aren’t very close to the hot lid.
Do away with BBQs that have sharp metal edges and corners.
Stainless and cast iron grates are excellent choices that you can choose from. They hold and conduct heat very well, as opposed to chrome and nickel-plated grates.
- Wind resistance
Your BBQ shut should have the ability to resist wind during grilling. It is not the most important feature, but its absence can make you feel annoyed.
- Built-in thermometer
This will enable you to check the temperature of your food (especially steaks) when grilling to prevent it from being overcooked or otherwise.
This is another great feature to look out for when you decide to opt for an LP BBQ. The shelves are essential to help you hold some food items, especially steaks. So, ensure that the shelves are strong enough.
Even though virtually all propane BBQs possess a spark ignition system, some portable propane BBQs require you to manually ignite them with a stick lighter or matches. In contrast, others have in-built electric igniters that are run by AA or AAA batteries.
Is It Possible to Put Coal in a Gas Grill?
That’s not possible. A propane BBQ has gas burners to heat your food. So, adding charcoal is not needed at all. In fact, propane BBQs are not made for charcoal!
A Step by Step Guide on How to Attach a Propane Tank to Portable Grill
- Set up the propane BBQ.
- Close the valve on the propane tank by turning the valve clockwise to the end.
- Turn off all knobs on your BBQ.
- Carefully access your seal and tank for any damage and ensure you return it if the damage is not repairable.
- Take out the seal from the propane tank.
- Insert the nipple into the valve while holding the regulator in one hand.
- With your other hand, tighten the coupling to the valve and ensure that the regulator is aligned to ensure that the connection is not cross-threaded.
- Tighten the coupler by turning it clockwise to the end.
What is the Lifespan of Gas Grills?
With proper care and maintenance, your BBQ can last for 3-15 years on average.
Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2021
The benefits of propane BBQs cannot be overemphasized. And we hope that our portable gas grill reviews have been able to enlighten you about these machines. You just need to decide on the characteristics of your future grill, and the budget, in order to choose the best option for you and your family. That choice will be your number one pick and the best portable gas grill 2021 — any day and anytime!