- 1 Top 3 Best Korean Rice Cookers
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: The Best Korean rice cooker
- 3 Best Korean Rice Cooker FAQ
- 4 Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020
Top 3 Best Korean Rice Cookers
Buyer’s Guide: The Best Korean rice cooker
Rice is the staple food of Korea. The country has taken giant leaps from being an agrarian nation to an industrial and technological superior nation. This progress is visible in the cooking appliances as well.
From cooking in pots to the electric rice cooker, the technical advancement is commendable. Many rice cooker brands on the market have multiple cooking options. You can use them according to the recipe.
USA, Japan, Korea made rice cookers: What is the difference?
This is an obvious question. Let us look at its various facets:
- Usage of rice: In both Japan and Korea, rice is the staple food. From sushi to bibimbap, rice is used everywhere. The rice variety used in each dish is different and needs to be cooked differently.
A one-technology fit for all approach does not work here. This led to the invention of an electric rice cooker that can cook multiple rice dishes. On the other hand, in the USA, rice is not very popular. So, the cookers manufactured there are designed to perform bare minimum functions.
- Technical advancement: No doubt, countries like Korea and Japan are hotbeds of inventions. This is evident from the way they handle their most important cooking appliance.
Most top rice cookers from these countries come with advanced features like Neuro-fuzzy, automatic timer, non-toxic material, etc. This is true especially for Japanese and Korean rice cookers.
- Portability: In the USA, you will find people carrying ready-to-eat meals for an emergency. However, in Japan and Korea, a rice cooker takes this place. They should be portable. You can cook rice dishes anywhere in your lodge.
Choose the Best Korean rice cooker for you
Choosing the best Korean rice cooker 2020 is a tough task. With numerous brands in the market, we had to compare minute details to determine the best. Here are the best rice cookers based on Korean rice cooker reviews:
This is the best small rice cooker right now. Laced with multiple cook options, this allows you to voice command too in Korean, Chinese, and English.
- 3D Induction Heating Pressure Cooker
- Charcoal coating inner cooking pot
- Voice Navigation: Korean, English, Chinese
- Smart Jog Dial – quick menu selection
- Speedy cook for mixed rice in 29 minutes
- Preset cook options for sticky, medium, or dry rice;
- Preset dish options for plain, brown, mixed, and nurunji;
- Comes with voice navigation system;
- Stainless steel rice cooker with LED display;
- Energy-efficient cooking and keeps food warm.
- Saves time and energy;
- Auto-cleaning mode keeps cooker clean.
- The batteries are non-replaceable making the cooker unusable once the batteries die;
- It is expensive.
The Cuckoo is a Korean rice cooker designed for consumers in the USA. The brand is known for making futuristic mini and cute rice cookers. It is one of the best small rice cookers.
- HP (Heating Plate) Programmable Pressure Cooker (AC120V / 60hz). Special non - stick coating help make sure your rice does not burn and stick
- 6 cups Uncooked (3 liters/ 3. 2 quarts)
- X-wall diamond coated inner pot. Inner pot material: aluminum
- Stainless steel detachable inner lid (easy to clean)
- Intelligent cooking algorithm; no outer inner pot coating. Capacity: 1. 08L/6 cup
- Auto-detects the rice variety and suggests the cooking temperature;
- Comes with voice navigation;
- The rice bowl is X-wall diamond-coated that makes it scratch-resistant.
- Auto cleans to keep the cooker sanitized;
- Compact design keeps the rice flavor intact.
- The lid opens too fast which is unsafe;
- Language setting was an issue for many customers as the instructions are not clear.
This brand of rice cooker Korea is known for its 3D cooking technology and spatula fermentation function. It is an induction rice cooker.
- Internal memory which is good for beginners;
- Inner pot with scale;
- Detachable power plug.
- Simple mini design;
- Non-stick pot.
- No voice navigation;
- Very basic, not fit for multiple dishes.
Best Korean Rice Cooker FAQ
Is a stainless steel rice cooker safe?
Yes. The stainless steel rice cooker pot is resistant to lead, nickel, and other toxic chemical leaching.
Why does my rice cooker smell awful?
Most people just rinse the pot after cooking a dish. If you have cooked a spicy or strongly flavored dish, its smell lingers. The auto-clean mode may not be enough to get rid of it.
The best way is to pour a glass of water and half a glass of vinegar and switch on the cooker for 30 minutes. Then clean it with soap water.
How does a rice cooker cook?
A rice cooker cooks by induction. The base of the pot heats up and acts as a steamer. This cooks the rice. The extra heat escapes through the vent on the cover.
How to make sushi rice in a rice cooker?
Follow these steps to cook good sushi in a Korean rice cooker:
- Take small grain rice, water, rice vinegar, salt, and sugar in the right proportions.
- Wash rice multiple times to remove excess starch. It makes the rice extra sticky.
- Add rice and water into the pot according to the user manual.
- Let the rice cook.
- In another pot, mix rice vinegar, salt, and sugar to make sushi seasoning.
- Mix this seasoning in the cooked rice. Tada! Your sushi rice is ready to be devoured.
What can you cook in a rice cooker?
Other than rice, here is a list of dishes that you can cook in your rice cooker:
- Steamed veggies
- Boiled eggs;
- Mac and cheese;
- Poached fruits;
- And lots more.
Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020
After all the Korean rice cooker reviews, we feel that Cuckoo is the best electric rice cooker. It is small, cute, and portable. If you need more information about the induction rice cooker or big models, refer to mykitchenadvisor.com.