- 1 TOP 10 Best Gas Grills Under $500
- 1.1 Best Overall: WEBER SPIRIT E-210 LP GRILL 46110001 Review
- 1.2 Best Heat Distribution: CHAR-BROIL PERFORMANCE TRU-INFRARED GRILL Review
- 1.3 Best For Easy Cleaning: FUEGO PROPANE GAS GRILL Review
- 1.4 Best Aesthetic Appeal: BLACKSTONE IN CLASSIC BLACK Review
- 1.5 Best Warranty: PORTABLE KITCHEN PK ORIGINAL GRILL & SMOKER COMBINATION Review
- 1.6 Best Temperature Monitoring System: WEBER PROPANE GAS GRILL Review
- 1.7 Best Lightweight: PIT BOSS – TABLETOP GRILLReview
- 1.8 Best Grilling Surface: CAMP CHEF FLAT TOP GRILL (FTG600) Review
- 1.9 Best For Travel: MAGMA CONNOISSEUR SERIES TRAILMATE Review
- 1.10 Best Outdoor Gas Grill Under 500: MASTER COOK 4-Burner Gas Grill
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: Best Gas Barbecue Grills Under 500
- 2.1 What Is A Natural Gas Grill?
- 2.2 How To Break In A New Gas Grill?
- 2.3 How To Choose The Best Gas Grills Under $500?
- 2.4 Best Gas Grills Under $500 Types
- 3 Our Recommendation For 2020
TOP 10 Best Gas Grills Under $500
Best Overall: WEBER SPIRIT E-210 LP GRILL 46110001 Review
Weber Spirit E-310 is a propane type of bbq grills equipped cast-iron cooking grates which are porcelain enameled and flavorizer bars. These bars allow food to maintain its natural flavor by catching drippings and heating them become vapors that are absorbed back in. You won’t depend much on artificial flavorings for delicious meals. The warming rack of this cheap propane grill will take care of toasting buns, reheating side dishes, melting cheese, and many more while main cooking surface handles main dish.
Why We Like It
- 10-year warranty on the cook box, lid assembly, and burner tubes; 5-year warranty on cooking stainless steel grates, flavorizer bars, and cast-iron cooking grates; and 2 years on remaining parts
- 60cm X 45cm primary cooking surface
- 60cm X 12cm warming rack
- A pair of burners with a total of 26,500 BTU
Best Heat Distribution: CHAR-BROIL PERFORMANCE TRU-INFRARED GRILL Review
This grill from Char-Broil’s Performance Series is packed with plenty of features that offer convenience for a quality cookout. For example, it uses the TRU-Infrared technology that ensures an even heat distribution, made for creating the juiciest cuts of meat that have been grilled to perfection.
If you’re the type who’s meticulous about cooking different food items, this unit comes with a primary cooking surface and a warming rack to toast your bread or heat your sides on. Finally, this bbq grill is great for bringing with you during camping because it comes with casters that are lockable for safety.
Why We Like It
- 300 sq. in. primary cooking surface
- A pair of burners with a total of 24,000 BTU
- 13.2 wide x 7.4 deep warming rack for toasting buns and sides
- Side shelves preparation space, cabinet keeps LPG tank
- 4 caters in which 2 are lockable for better mobility
- Temperature gauge for more heat control
Best For Easy Cleaning: FUEGO PROPANE GAS GRILL Review
This gas grill from Fuego is extremely easy to put together, so it’s an excellent unit for beginners who want to bypass the hassle of complicated assembly. It also features a quick heating time, where it only takes five minutes to reach 500F. It uses a clasp-type lock and a storage tank door that’s hinged.
Lastly, we love this model for being easy to clean afterward. Nobody wants to have a hard time scrubbing out the muck off their cooking equipment. And the grill comes with a drop-through removal system to make cleaning the residue much easier.
If you are a beginner to grilling, this gas grill is exactly what you need!
- Large cooking surface (415 sq. in.)
- Warming surface (110 sq. in.)
- Two burners (26,500 BTUs)
- This model is a gas grill under 500 but by just a dollar at $499
Best Aesthetic Appeal: BLACKSTONE IN CLASSIC BLACK Review
If you want a grill that would look great in any backyard while giving you ample space to cook for a large swathe of people, then this Blackstone 1554 model is your best bet. Being one of the best gas barbecue grills under 500, the cooking area of this grill is so big that it can cook 72 hotdogs all at once. It also features some side shelves and a tray to make ingredient storage and prepping much more comfortable, which is essential if you have plenty of mouths to feed.
- Large cooking area (720 sq. in.)
- Four burners (60,000 BTUs)
- Comes with side shelves and tray
- Grease trap wasn’t very efficient, but they have added a rear grease management system to make it hassle-free
Best Warranty: PORTABLE KITCHEN PK ORIGINAL GRILL & SMOKER COMBINATION Review
This Portable Kitchen is a cheap gas and charcoal gril combination, perfect for those who like the clean, pure taste a gas grill provides, and the smoky flavor a charcoal grill imparts. This unit is designed to improve on the interior’s airflow when the grilling surface is covered with the lid. This way, the surface of the food is heated evenly. It’s also shaped in a way that makes it suitable for both indirect and direct cooking, so you can cook different foods perfectly regardless of their heating requirements.
If you want to get affordable, compact 2 in 1 grill, it is the best bet for you!
- Decent cooking surface (300 sq. in.)
- 10-year warranty
- Sturdy build made from aluminum
- Hot charcoal may fall out from bottom vents
Best Temperature Monitoring System: WEBER PROPANE GAS GRILL Review
Weber is one of the most consistent gas grill brands when it comes to performance, and this model isn’t any different. The Q220 is perfectly sized to fit the common patio, but big enough to cook birds and roast because of its larger lid design. It features an integrated monitor to let you check the temperature of the interior as you’re grilling. What’s more, it uses a cast-iron grate for even heating that’s been coated with porcelain to make it rust-resistant.
We like this gas grill due to its perfect size and performance!
- Decent cooking surface (280 sq. in.)
- One BTU burner (12,000 BTUs)
- Foldable work tables
- Porcelain-enameled, cast-iron grates
- A refillable cylinder is sold separately
- 5-year warranty on some parts: cook box, lid assembly, stainless steel burner tubes, porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates, plastic component
Best Lightweight: PIT BOSS – TABLETOP GRILLReview
One of the best grills under 500, this Pit Boss unit features a stainless design and a compact body that can be placed on almost every tabletop. Despite its smaller size, it has a decent cooking area and heating power that comes in the form of two burners. If you like keeping the interior temperature of your grill in check, this unit has a dome thermometer that allows for easy reading.
We recommend this unit if you’re looking for a compact and lightweight grill that can easily be carried by one person.
- Decent cooking area (275 sq. in.)
- Two burners (10,000 BTUs)
- 23 pounds overall weight
- This model is very cheap, so you shouldn’t expect it to have the durability to last 5 years
Best Grilling Surface: CAMP CHEF FLAT TOP GRILL (FTG600) Review
This Camp Chef grill is one of the best grills to choose if you like cooking for large groups or parties. And why? Because it has a large grilling and griddle surface that allows you to cook large batches in shorter times.
The wider surface allows for more even heating because it uses a dispersing design, perfect for making breakfast items like eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, pancakes, and boiled water for your coffee.
For a heartier meal, you can use the grill for cooking large amounts of steaks and burgers.
- Large grilling surface (501 sq. in.)
- Large griddle surface (604 sq. in.)
- Four burners (12,000 BTUs)
- Easier clean due to grease management design
- Grease tray, collapsible trays, and griddle levelers
- Needs to be 11'' tall to be able to use grease cup
- Only one-year warranty
Best For Travel: MAGMA CONNOISSEUR SERIES TRAILMATE Review
If you like going on your RV, driving to a peaceful spot, and grilling up a few burgers, this unit is your best bet because of its compact and convenient design. This small gas grill is made of stainless steel, which gives you a machine that’s easy to clean and maintain. Finally, it’s versatile when it comes to picking a gas source because it can run on CNG, LPG, or propane canisters. It does have a minor drawback. Because of its portability, the size of its grilling area takes a hit.
If you like traveling and need a small, portable device, this grill is perfect for you!
- Multi-gas source options
- Compact and portable
- Stainless steel body
- Complaints on poor quality
Best Outdoor Gas Grill Under 500: MASTER COOK 4-Burner Gas Grill
The Master Cook Outdoor flame broil has a huge cooking surface that utilizes unrivaled warmth maintenance of cast iron. This development gives an incredible capacity to singe food just as lock in food's normal juices. The surface doesn't need preparing and is anything but difficult to clean.
With a price tag of around 250 bucks, the Master Cook propane barbecue is an incredible value for your money. Built of tempered steel and intended for convenience, this barbecue will make certain to fulfill all of your flame broiling requires.
- The piezo-electric start offers a wide even temperature range
- Highlights an encased stockpiling bureau for flame broiling apparatuses and disguising the propane tank
- Stainless steel body
- A few purchasers discovered this flame broil hard to gather
- A few buyers have grumbled of hot and cold spots all through cooking surface
Buyer’s Guide: Best Gas Barbecue Grills Under 500
What Is A Natural Gas Grill?
Best natural gas grills cook your food very similarly with standard propane gas grills except that it has a longer list of benefits. They aren’t as expensive while still being convenient and environment-friendly. The heat is sourced from hydrocarbon-based fuels.
This type of griller might seem expensive to run. However, if you take out the installation fee of natural gas in your home, you’ll be saving more money in the long run. You may have to check if your local provider offers free installation.
If you ever hit up a wall setting up your natural gas griller for the first time, there are plenty of tutorials online. With a natural gas supply, you can have grilled meals whenever you want. The only problem is that you might find it hard to grill away from home. It’s not recommended for RVing and camping.
How To Break In A New Gas Grill?
Do a leak test
Turn off all knobs and turn on the propane or gas tank. Slowly brush or spray a soapy solution starting from valves, regulator, hoses, to the entire tank. You must watch out closely for growing bubbles as go. They are indications of a leak. Turn off the tank. Leaks must be solved before grilling meat, if they are persistent, call a service technician for help.
Season the grill
Please, refer to the user’s manual for specific instruction. Seasoning is usually done with thin oil coating on all surfaces inside the gas grill and heating it up for about 15 minutes to allow the development of non-stick surfaces. We have also included detailed steps on this at another entry here in FAQ section.
A hot grill should never be left unattended. Avoid flare-ups by cutting off excess fat from meats. In case of flare-ups, turn off the gas while the lid is on or put off the fire with a flat tray.
How To Choose The Best Gas Grills Under $500?
Choosing top gas grills under 500 is easier when you know what you will be using it for most of the time. Consider how many people you will be cooking for. What kind of fuel type is most convenient for you? There are also indispensable features like:
- Built-in thermostat
- Grill cover
- BTU per burner
- Sturdy side shelves
- Size of the cooking surface
Only you know best what size and which fuel type caters to your needs.
Best Gas Grills Under $500 Types
Infrared Gas Grill
Compared to traditional gas types, infrared ones cook food in half time. They are also energy and gas efficient and most of the self-cleaning burning off left food particles left. However, overcooked meals also have higher chances of happening if you’re not used to using them yet.
Gas Grill With Side Burner
Side burners let you prepare sauces and side dishes to go with your main dish. You no longer have to run back in the kitchen and out in the yard to check how smoothly everything is going. You can do more and save time if you go with models that have side burners.
Outdoor Gas Grills
Outdoor gas grills offer more convenient in contrast with charcoal models. They heat faster and cool down faster, too. Clean-up is simpler because there are no ashes and charcoal that need to be taken care of after cooking. And we don’t have to mention that grills that run on liquid propane are cheaper than those that run on charcoal.
Gas Grill Under Covered Patio
You can use it even in covered areas as long as there’s at least 9-foot distance from the floor to the ceiling. Search for a spot where the breeze will help you vent smoke. And don’t put the grill to close to your wall if you don’t want mars on the wall and for safety reason, too.
Best Stainless Steel Grill Under 500
- Propane/fluid oil gas. The propane tank is excluded
- Selective Stainless Steel finish for expanded style and toughness
- Dependable electric start to start up your flame broil and 10, 000 BTU side burner
- Porcelain-covered oil container is solid and can be eliminated for simple cleaning
- Hardened Steel burners discharge fire from the top to take into consideration in any event, cooking
- Porcelain covered cast-iron meshes are rust proof and made to last
Cheap Built-in Gas Grills
Sometimes it’s best to have a designated grilling area. You can have designed with preparation space, hooks for utensils, plus you don’t have to worry about rain and strong winds ruining your cooking experience. You can utilize space that you have and include more safety features, too.
Our Recommendation For 2020
We recommend Weber Spirit E-210 Grill. It has perfect size for backyards and even balconies in the city. It has porcelain, enameled cast iron cooking surface and lid that is guaranteed to last a long time. It even has 6 hooks for your grilling utensils. It has 2 side tables perfect during prep time. It is a 2 burner gas grill with a warming rack.
Aside from the best gas grills under $500, read more reviews and articles on MyKitchenAdvisor for the best kitchen equipment.