Top 10 Best Food Thermos & Containers in 2020
Best Thermos for Food - Stainless King by Thermos Review
- THERMOS vacuum insulation technology for maximum temperature retention, hot or cold, keeps liquids hot for 7 hours and cold for 9 hours. Product Size (W x D x H): 3.7 x 3.7 x 5.5 inches
- Durable stainless steel interior and exterior; Mug: 18 hours cold
- Cool to the touch with hot liquids, sweat proof with cold
- Compact and insulated stainless steel serving bowl; full size folding stainless steel spoon included
- Wide mouth is easy to fill, eat from and clean
Cute, Small Thermos For Food – Thermos Funtainer Review
- THERMOS vacuum insulation technology for maximum temperature retention, hot or cold
- Durable stainless steel interior and exterior
- Wide mouth is easy to fill, serve from and clean
- Keeps cold for 7 hours and hot for 5 hours; stay cool exterior
- 10 ounce capacity; hand washing is recommended
Best Thermos To Keep Food Warm – Simple Modern Review
- Vacuum Insulated: Simple Modern food jars are double walled and vacuum insulated, which keeps your food hot or cold for hours
- 18/8 Stainless Steel: This insulated food jar is made from premium gauge 18/8 stainless steel and is coated with a durable finish
- Premium Copper Coated Insulation Layer: The exterior of the inner wall, in the vacuum sealed area, is coated in a thin layer of copper for added insulation
- Wide Mouth: Made for easy eating and easy cleaning
- Take it With You: Portable food bowl perfect for maintaining temperature of soup, stew, chili, ice cream, baby food, and more. US Patent Pending.
Best Kids Food Thermos – Mira Brands Review
- Perfectly Portable: Our thermos food jar is large enough to fit an entire meal yet small enough to fit in kids lunch boxes and adult lunch bags. Confidently pack your sweat-proof and leak-proof food jar in your bag or backpack without worrying about spills or leaks. Take your food thermos to school, work or travel without needing to reheat or refrigerate your food.
- Innovative Vacuum Insulation: Keep your food cold for 10 hours or hot for 5 hours with our highly rated insulated food jar. Our thermos lunch box uses our innovative MiraGuard Technology to maintain temperatures for hours. Explore new meal possibilities with your food thermos for hot food and cold food.
- Built to Last: Constructed from durable 18/8 food-grade stainless steel that won’t rust, break, retain or transfer flavors. Comfortably hold your hot food thermos in your hand as our thermoses have a matte finish that feels soft to the touch and provides a slip-free grip. The easy to twist lid makes this jar the best kids thermos for hot food.
- Functional Style: This versatile lunch thermos is great for toddlers, kids and adults. Use your thermos food containers for hot foods such as pasta, soup or chili. The wide mouth of this modern lunch jar makes filling and cleaning the jar a simple task.
- Health in Mind: With our insulated food flask, you can skip on eating outside food and pack a healthy, homemade meal instead. Pack hearty oatmeal for breakfast, hot soup for lunch or fresh fruit for a snack in between meals. With your safety also in mind, our reusable thermos food containers for hot food are BPA-free. Food jar is hand-wash only. NOTE: Please do not overfill the jar or store food in the lunch jar for more than 24 hours. Please do not over-tighten the lid and do not force it open.
The Most Affordable Big Thermos for Food – JSLove Review
Editor’s Favorite – Zojirushi Review
- Vacuum insulated stainless steel food jar keeps foods hot or cold for hours
- Durable and sanitary 18/8 stainless steel construction
- Tight-fitted lid with gasket seals lid to minimize leaks and maximize heat retention
- 2-1/2-inch wide opening makes it easy to fill and clean and allows users to eat directly out of the jar
- Compact design takes minimal space while maximizing capacity
Best Selling Hot And Cold Food Thermos – Thermos King 24 Review
- Thermos vacuum insulation technology for maximum temperature retention, hot or cold, keeps liquids hot for 14 hours and cold for 24 hours, package may vary.
- Durable stainless steel interior and exterior. Product Size (W x D x H): 3.7 x 3.7 x 7.2 inches
- Cool to the touch with hot liquids, sweat proof with cold
- Compact and insulated stainless steel serving bowl
- Wide mouth is easy to fill, eat from and clean
Drool-Worthy Premium Food Jar – Energify Review
- KEEP HOT OR COLD FOOD FRESH – No matter the meal, count on Energify’s vacuum insulation technology!
- LEAK-PROOF & RELIABLE – Airtight & easy to open, your storage jars won’t leak in your lunch bag!
- FOOD-GRADE MATERIALS – Keep food safe with BPA-free stainless steel, silicone, and plastic.
- GRAB-N-GO GOODIES – Easily eat everywhere with your food thermos, fold-out spoon, and carry case!
- LIFETIME WARRANTY – At Energify, your smile comes first. We promise to right any wrong, right away.
Most Impressive Food Jar – Kitsure Review
- Vacuum Insulation: KITSURE thermos food jar uses innovative 6 layers insulation technology for maximum temperature retention. This thermos lunch box keeps your food warm or cold for at least 12 hours. Not only a soup thermos or a lunch thermos but also a perfect coffee thermos and water thermos. Ideal choice for people on the go. Please fill hot/iced water to preheat/prechill the food jar for 5-10 minutes before packing.
- Safe Material & Handy Design: Durable food grade 304 stainless steel interior insulated food container. Silicone lifting handle makes this food thermos perfect for carrying. Comfortably hold your hot thermos food in your hand. KITSURE keeps your safety in mind, considers every detail for you.
- Compact & Practical: Maximizing capacity of 30 ounce along with a 6.92 x 4.33 inches incredible compact size, our thermos lunch box is a design of beauty and great utility.
- Leak-proof & Functional: Tight-fitted lid with gasket seals to minimize leaks and maximize heat retention. Our food jar won’t leak even when shaken or held upside down. Wide mouth with a full size stainless-steel folding spoon and a premium PP serving bowl, made for easy filling and easy cleaning, a cleaning brush included.
- Great After-Sales Support: We offer a full refund or a new replacement for the product within 2 years. Please CONTACT us whenever you are in need.
Small Thermos For Kids - Thermos Foogo Review
- THERMOS FOOGO double wall stainless steel food jar features THERMOS vacuum insulation technology that keeps contents cold for up to 9 hours or warm for up to 5 hours; Vacuum insulation maintains temperature of the contents longer, which inhibits bacteria growth and spoiling
- The FOOGO food jar was designed with kids in mind: the stainless steel interior and exterior is durable and withstands the demands of daily use; The double wall design allows this food jar to stay cool to the touch with warm foods and sweat-proof with cold foods
- Food jar is compact and portable and features a 10-ounce capacity - perfect for toddlers on the go; The food jar's ergonomically-designed lid has a rubber grip for easy handling; The base of the jar is non-slip and scratch resistant
- The wide opening of the THERMOS FOOGO food jar is easy to fill, eat from and clean; It is a great way to pack fresh and healthy meals for school or on the go
- Simple care: hand wash (preferred) or top-rack dishwasher safe; All THERMOS FOOGO items are made from BPA-free materials.DO NOT use product in microwave, on stovetop, or in any type of oven
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About the Best Food Thermos
What Is A Thermos?
In simplest terms, a thermos is an insulting vessel that is used for storing hot or cold food, both liquid and semi-liquid. It is constructed by placing one vacuum flask inside another and that which is joined at their necks. The gap between the two flasks is evacuated of air, thereby creating a vacuum-like condition that helps in greatly reducing the transfer of heat either by conduction or convection. This is precisely why hot food remains hot, and cold food remains cold over a longer length of time.
How To Use A Thermos For Hot Food
- Step 1: carefully fill the food flasks thermos with boiling water
- Step 2: close the lid and let the flask sit for about ten minutes
- Step 3: throw the water into and quickly wipe dry the thermos
- Step 4: place the piping hot food into it immediately and seal with lid. Tadaa!
How Long Does A Thermos Keep Food Hot
As per our research which included going through hundreds of food thermos reviews and customer testimonials, a good quality thermos keeps hot food hot for a maximum time of 7 -10 hours provided you have followed all the instructions given above and taken extra care to pack piping-hot lunch in the first place.
How To Choose the Best Food Thermos
The more the air and free space you leave in your hot thermos food jar, the quicker the contents in it will cool down and vice versa. This is precisely the reason why it is important that you correctly decipher approximately how much food you will carry with you and them purchase a thermos. The range on the market is between 230 ml and 750 ml.
If filled, almost all the thermos food jar that we have reviewed herein retained heat extremely well. Per our research and testing, warm soup thermos retained heat for 5 to 7 hours successfully without losing any temperature.
Stainless steel soup thermos is more preferred because they are BPA and Phthalate free. They also don’t end up in landfills, are durable, and pollute less. They have a rugged appearance and are great at insulating heat. The best food thermos 2020 is made in steel only.
While a few people will prefer to go for a plastic soup thermos, we generally recommend steel ones because plastic can leach unwanted minerals and toxics like Phthalates into the food, and the color and odor of the food can be absorbed by the plastic jar making it hard to clean and maintain.
The best thermos for soups is top-rack dishwasher safe. But it is a good idea to wash them with hand and mild soap in warm water to retain their finish for longer. Also, avoid using bleach and detergents with bleaching agents in them.
Handles on food thermos with compartments are the norm because they make it portable and easy to lug around when camping or vacationing.
Do you forget to pack in your cutlery when you are out and about? With a thermos that has a folding spoon, you can never go wrong. This is going to be one feature you want to look out for, especially when you are shopping for a baby food thermos.
Expect to pay anything between $13 and $75 for the best food jar to keep food hot. After all, when it comes to your health and safety, every dollar that you spend on them is well spent.
Want to know deals on the best food storage containers? Click here. Great offers are waiting for you.
Best Food Thermos Types
Standard Food Thermos
Everyone from working men and women to school-going children has used a food storage thermos. The standard food thermos had largely remained what Sir James Dewar invented in the year 1904. It has a double-walled toughened glass material that was coated with a very shiny material inside, usually cadmium or nickel. The two flask jars were vacuumed before sealing them at their neck. The vacuum insulated the heat inside and did not allow it to dissipate.
However, with time, stainless steel food thermos has been introduced. They are virtually unbreakable, making them a worthy investment.
Food Thermos With Compartments
Vacuum flasks were initially meant only to carry liquids and to make sure that they retained their temperature for a few hours more. But what happens if you want to carry food with you outside on a picnic or a campsite? You carry them in the best food thermos! Easy!!
Even though they are considered to be the best thermos for soups, you can literally carry a lot of semi-liquid food in BPA free food thermoses that promise to retain temperatures for about 7 to 9 hours if it is cold and 5 -7 hours for hot food. They have two or more vacuum filled containers with varying capacity, and they can be open and click locked for safety. Some models come with handles for portability too.
Best Food Thermos FAQ
Can You Microwave A Thermos?
Unless you want to see a cheap light show and your microwave in the trash, DO NOT put your steel thermos in the Microwave. You will potentially create a blast.
Can You Put A Thermos In The Dishwasher?
All stainless steel insulated vacuum flask are top-rack dishwasher safe. However, companies will recommend that you wash them with hands and running warm soapy water. Avoid using soaps with bleach in it to keep the shining finish looking great.
How To Clean Food Thermos?
If you are thinking about routine cleaning, here is what you must do to make sure that your lunch food jar stays always looking its shiniest best.
- Pour a dab of dishwashing liquid and fill up the flask with warm water. Do this instead of immersing it in a dish of warm water.
- Let the warm soapy sit for five-seven minutes
- Use a dishrag or a microfiber cloth on a scrubber and gently clean the innards. If the crud is tough, you can also use the scrubber alone.
- Rinse with warm water and towel wipe and let it air dry.
- If you have tea, coffee, and soup stains in the container, you can also use a mixture of vinegar (one cup), baking soda (two tablespoons), and warm water to soak before you follow the scrubbing and the rinse instructions above.
Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020
Our top pick is Thermos Stainless King 16 Ounces Food Jar that comes with a full-sized folding spoon for a world of convenience. It uses the company’s flagship technology called the Thermos Vacuum Insulation technology that helps to retain warmth and coolness in hot and cold food, respectively. It is durable and virtually unbreakable because its exterior, as well as interior, is made of stainless steel. It is compact and well insulated; its lid can convert itself into a cool serving bowl. Try it!
With that, we wrap up our best food thermos 2020. We would like to hear about your best food thermos. Feedback chosen will be chosen to be featured on mykitchenadvisor. Write to us. Show us some love!