- 1 Top 8 Best Flat Top Grills: Comparison Chart
- 1.1 Best Overall: Blackstone 17 Inch Table Top Grill Review
- 1.2 Easily Removable: Blackstone 1554 4-burner Flat Top Grill Review
- 1.3 Professional Quality - Blackstone 28 inch Outdoor Flat Top Grill Review
- 1.4 Porcelain Coated Griddle: Royal Gourmet PD1300 3-Burner Gas Grill Review
- 1.5 Easy Assembly - CUISINART CGG-888 Stainless Steel Grill Review
- 1.6 Collapsible Design: Royal Gourmet GD401 Portable Gas Grill Review
- 1.7 Enjoy Grilled Food with Char-Broil 19952085 2-Burner Gas Griddle Review
- 1.8 Anti-deformation Surface - OT QOMOTOP 18-inch Gas Griddle Review
- 2 Buyer's Guide: All You Need to Know About Flat Top Grill for Home
- 3 Flat Top Grill FAQ
- 4 Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020
Top 8 Best Flat Top Grills: Comparison Chart
Best Overall: Blackstone 17 Inch Table Top Grill Review
- CONVENIENT AND PORTABLE - This portable grill is built with an easy to use electric igniter, uses convenient 1 pound propane bottles for fuel, and has a built in grease catcher. Perfect for camping, tailgating, road trips, hunting and everyday outdoor use
- EASY TO STORE - Simply store the griddle top upside down on top of the griddle body after use to save space; Carry by hand
- NO HASSLE CLEANUP - Blackstone makes cleanup a breeze with this table top gas griddle; Simply wipe it off with a paper towel. No fuss cooking allows you more time to enjoy the outdoors
- SPACIOUS COOKING SURFACE - This premium Blackstone griddle offers 260 square inches (15.25in x 17in) of heavy duty cooking surface for versatility and durability
- FAST AND EVEN HEATING - This grill has a stainless steel "H" burner that heats up fast! The "H" shape offers even heat distribution and fast cooking with a 12,000 BTU heat output
Easily Removable: Blackstone 1554 4-burner Flat Top Grill Review
- Easy assembly, and quick ignition button
- Griddle top is easily removable. Rolled Carbon 7-Gauge Steel Griddle Top
- Four independently controlled burners with low to high temperature settings provide versatile cooking options
- Four industrial strength, caster wheels (two are lockable)
- Solid stainless Steel burners for long life, and thick Rolled Steel surface for excellent heat retention and distribution
Professional Quality - Blackstone 28 inch Outdoor Flat Top Grill Review
- RESTAURANT STYLE COOKING - With 470sq inches of flat top grilling, this griddle is perfect for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Cook eggs, pancakes, quesadillas, grilled cheese, steak, potatoes, teppanyaki style foods and more. Also enjoy a bottom shelf and two side shelves for food storage and prep
- REPLACE YOUR STANDARD GRILL - Replace your grill or BBQ with a Blackstone griddle and never look back! This grill is simple to use and easy to assemble, so you'll be cooking in no time. Eliminate the hassle of kerosene, charcoal and matches; This grill includes an easy start, battery powered push button ignition. With the simple push of a button your griddle is ready to go! Take the headache away from outdoor cooking and spend more time enjoying the outdoors
- TRANSPORT WITH EASE - Easily wheel around your yard or transport from your backyard to the campsite thanks to the removable griddle top, fold up legs and four industrial strength caster wheels
- DURABILITY AND LONGEVITY - This Blackstone Grill is built to last with a powder coated black steel frame, stainless steel burners and thick cold rolled steel cooktop. Super simple to clean, making post-meal cleanup a breeze
- CONTROLLABLE HEAT ZONES - Two independently controlled 15,000 BTU stainless steel burners make a total of 30,000 BTUs controlled low to high for versatile cooking options. Propane fueled by a standard 20lb tank with an accommodating tank storage tucked nicely under the left side shelf
Porcelain Coated Griddle: Royal Gourmet PD1300 3-Burner Gas Grill Review
- 3 Separately Controlled burners with 9, 000 BTU each, up to 27, 000 BTU cooking power
- 24.1”L x 13.5”W, 325.9 sq.in. porcelain enamel griddle top, easy to clean by paper towel and warm soap water
- Durable stainless Steel control panel with Piezo ignition system
- Side grease cup to collect oil while cooking, also for convenient cleaning
- Including regulator for 20 lb. tank, tabletop LP gas Griddle for camping, hiking, and other outdoors
Easy Assembly - CUISINART CGG-888 Stainless Steel Grill Review
- HEAT CONTROL: Two independently controlled burners provide a total of 30, 000 BTUs and allow you to control hot and cool zones on your griddle surface.
- GREASE MANAGEMENT: The over-sized 360 degree grease pan naturally funnels grease to the grease cup for easy clean up.
- COOKING VERSATILITY: The stainless steel lid with vent allows you to roast, steam, bake or smoke.
- PREP SPACE: The folding prep table comes equipped with a paper towel holder underneath.
- EASY ASSEMBLY: Assembles in 30 minutes or less!
Collapsible Design: Royal Gourmet GD401 Portable Gas Grill Review
- Easy to assemble. Dual cooking surface with one grate and one flat griddle that can be exchanged for use easily. Both offering a 292 Sq. In. cooking surface for a total of 584 total inches of cooking space.
- 4 stainless steel burners, allow you to set 4 different cooking zones, putout total 48000 BTUS with 12000 BTUS each. With 2 side table for additional working space, Cart with hooks for placing BBQ tools and a bottle opener.
- Transport with ease, easily wheel around your yard or transport from your backyard to the campsite thanks to folding frame of cart and four strength caster wheels.
- Electronic ignition, with the simple push of a button your grill or griddle is ready to go, take the headache away from outdoor cooking and spend more time enjoying the outdoors.
- Built in grease channel with removable drip pans. Allows for easy clean up at the end of each use.
Enjoy Grilled Food with Char-Broil 19952085 2-Burner Gas Griddle Review
- Cook a variety of food at home or on-the-go
- Features zonal cooking for the option to grill food on each side of the grill at different temperatures
- Adjustable legs ensure level grilling on uneven surfaces
- Easily-accessible grease cup securely locks in-and-out-of place
- Sturdy construction and easy handling offers the durability necessary to withstand travel
Anti-deformation Surface - OT QOMOTOP 18-inch Gas Griddle Review
- 【2 Burners Portable Grill】-QOMOTOP Tabletop Gas Griddle has 282 in.² cooking area (About 9 hamburgers or 9 pancakes or 12 eggs). 2 independently operated burners provide total 17,000 BTU, ensuring the quick heated and enough space for a dinner of 2-4 people.
- 【Capacity Convertlble】- Allow connecting with 1 LB tank (not included) or 20 LB tank (not included), hose conversion kits are included. Conversion will be easy and offers the portability to take it to the tailgate, camp site, or anywhere culinary creativity is needed.
- 【Anti-deformation Surface】- Fabricated from 3 mm cold-rolled steels and 3 steel bars are attached at the bottom to ensure the grill top keeping flat shape while heated, which provides even heat distribution for optimal cooking across the whole griddle.
- 【Easy to Clean】- Integrated Grease Management System allows to collect extra grease to the built-in grease box by griddle scraper. High brightness stainless steel front plate, big pentagonal chrome knob are designed for easy operating and erasing stains, while other griddles with cheap brushed stainless steel and small knobs are difficult to clean
- 【What You Get】- QOMOTOP 18" Tabletop Gas Grill (Size: L18” x W15.5” x H9”), 1x Gas Hose, 1x Manual Ignition Clamp, 1x Product Manual, 1x Service Card(24 Months)
Buyer's Guide: All You Need to Know About Flat Top Grill for Home
If you are planning to purchase a new outdoor flat top grill or any other type, you can easily get overwhelmed with the vast array of options available. To narrow down your search, we have created this buying guide to help you pick the right product.
From the different types available to choose the best indoor flat top grill, here are the additional things you need to know when you go shopping.
Griddle VS Grill
Griddles and grills are two different cooking surfaces that are ideal for different types of food. Picking the correct one is important to get the delicious food you are looking for. Let us take a look at the differences available and explore the types of foods that work excellently with each one of them.
A griddle is a metal cooking surface that’s heated from underneath. Basically, it is a flat square frying pan. The flat cooking surface is ideal for foods that are granular such as rice or liquid heavy like eggs or pancakes.
Since they’re relatively simple, they come with different sizes and shapes, and you can find one that suits almost every cooking setup. Tabletop, freestanding, and insert are the most common types of griddles. They are suitable for traditional bbq foods like hot dogs, steak, and burgers.
In contrast to the griddle’s single flat surface, a grill features slatted cooking grates, which are generally suspended above gas burners or charcoal firepit. The benefits of the best portable grill are that it exposes your food to an open flame and allows water and grease to run-off between the slats. Also, the metal helps to transfer heat, browning the food on contact. Meat is the primary type of food suitable for grills.
Apart from shape and cooking surfaces, one of the main differences between the best flat top grill 2020 and griddle is the source of heat and the temperatures they work excellently at. In terms of heat source, you will get charcoal, gas, and electric grill. Since both the griddle and grill work best at different temperatures and when cooking different kinds of food, having both provides you with a vast array of options.
How to Choose the Best Portable Flat Top Grill
If you know what to consider when purchasing a grill, it is easier to select an excellent product in the market. Some of the critical factors you should consider when in the market include:
- Durability: You should go for grills constructed from the heavy gauge and corrosive resistant materials like stainless steel and porcelain enameled steel. The best electric grill with excellent materials retains heat, making it possible to maintain an even temperature when cooking. If you come across one that looks like it’s poorly made, then there’re high odds that it’ll not serve you for long.
- Safe operation: A good kitchen flat top grill should allow you to cook even if your kids are nearby. It means that the plumbing and fittings need to be secure. All the juices and grease from your food need to be directed away from the flames.
- The distribution of heat: Any grill having cooler or some hot areas makes the process of cooking a bit difficult. But even heat distribution will allow you to cook your food at the same rate.
Additional factors you will find in some of the best flat top grill reviews include ease of cleaning, number of burners, mobility, and temperature control.
Flat Top Grill Types
There’re plenty of things to put into consideration when it comes to the different flat top gas grill types. Surface area, temperature control, and the type of cooking they can do as well as other factors come into play. Remember that, in the end, it all comes down to your unique needs and personal preference. Looking for the best types of flat top grills? No need to worry, we have the following for you:
- Gas grills: These are the most common and widely used types, and it is not difficult to see why. Gas grills are efficient, versatile, and convenient. Also, they are suitable for all types of users, including beginner and casual. The different types available include natural, infrared, and propane flat top grill. Also, there are freestanding and built-in gas grills.
- Electric grills: As the name suggests, electric grills are powered by traditional power outlets. Since they don’t produce smoke, they are suitable for use indoors. They are available in reasonable sizes, and you can install them on countertops. If you are looking for a way to prepare your food quickly, then an electric grill is a perfect option.
- Other common types include charcoal and pellet grills.
Flat Top Grill FAQ
Is a Griddle Healthier Than a Grill?
There is no difference between the two when it comes to health and the best flat top grill reviews. However, a griddle offers even heat distribution and transfer over the entire surface. So if you want to cook liquid-like or soft food, then use griddles.
Can You Cook a Steak on a Griddle?
Yes. This is because a griddle is suitable for traditional bbq foods, and steak is one of them.
Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020
There you have everything you need to know about the best flat top grill 2020. And Mykitchenadvisor.com ensures that you have all the useful information and reviews about kitchen equipment. Blackstone 17 Inch Table Top Grill is our top recommendations for 2020, because true infra-red, one-touch ash cleaning, sense mate feature, and smart grill are some of the latest technologies to look for.