8 Best Convection Microwaves Reviews and Comparison
- Best Overall: Toshiba Microwave Oven Review
1 place :
This best convection microwave oven comes with a stainless-steel design. Its reheating sensor function offers one-touch cooking of many popular food items. A combination of microwave and convection while cooking guarantees optimal cooking results. This microwave has ten power levels up to 1000 watts; cooking temperature is 170-425 °F. Automatic programs include baking and roasting with additional defrost options, as per convection microwave oven reviews. This microwave is easy to take care of and clean.
- Stainless-steel interior
- Durable stainless-steel finish on the exterior
- Microwave plus convection cooking technology
- Beep-controllable features
- Excellent Multifunctional: Sharp Convection Microwave Review
2 place :
The Sharp Convection Microwave Oven is a multifunctional product with a great aesthetic taste due to its stainless-steel design, which offers an additional room and simplifies installation. It is equipped with two convenient venting options, and multiple programs can help simplify the cooking process. This microwave has an Interactive Cooking System with preset modes – 12 programs and 8 sensor options – for programming instructions quickly. Its 4-way convection system can be used to brown, bake, broil, and crisp food.
- Smart sensor settings
- Can bake, roast, grill, and crisp
- 12 convection programs
- 8 sensor programs
- Stainless-steel construction
- Good for Budget: Emerson Convection Microwave Oven with Grill Review
3 place :
This Emerson microwave oven is equipped with a grill and nine pre-programmed recipes. There is a removable glass turntable for complete and even cooking. It has 11 power levels, 2 combo power levels, time and weight defrost for culinary convenience, as per over the range microwave reviews. This device makes it easy to cook quickly and has a bunch of features like an easy-to-read LED display, digital clock, digital timer, and an end-of-cooking signal. This product also has a child-safe lock that will keep little children out of harm's way.
- Grill feature
- Removable grill rack
- Digital timer
- 9 pre-programmed recipes
- Child safe locks
- Suitable for Multi-Stage: Cuisine CMW Convection Microwave Oven with Grill Review
4 place :
The Cuisinart convection microwave oven with grill can look great on a kitchen counter thanks to the generous use of brushed stainless steel and tinted windows. There are also plenty of useful functions like a 12" glass rotating tray, reversible grill rack, a touchpad, and LCD Display. There is a multi-stage cooking feature to shift from one stage of operation to another automatically. You can use it for baking and roasting, as well.
- pros +
- Stainless-steel interior Convection and grill capabilities Preset programming for specific foods Express cook Useful 30-second button
- cons -
- A turntable makes noise as it rotates
- Meant for Professionals: Farberware Microwave Oven Review
5 place :
This Farberware Professional microwave oven will fit different kitchen counters. It has 10 levels of power so that it can be adjusted from 10% to 100%. This product also features quick controls such as six quick-cook settings, a 1-6-minute quick start, a +30 second button, a defrost option, multi-stage cooking, custom settings, and timer. It comes with custom memory function to make your own 1-touch cook setting and use a multi-stage option that adjusts power – as per built in microwave convection oven combo reviews.
- pros +
- 10 power levels Digital control LED display with clock and kitchen timer 1 through 6-minute express cooking 6 one-touch cooking functions
- cons -
- Average looks
- Sleek and Stylish Design: RCA RMW1182 Microwave and Grill Review
6 place :
This RCA microwave and grill can offset the lack of a full-size oven by incorporating various functions like grilling and other cooking needs in one unit. Its grill function will brown your dishes and give the perfect grilled appearance. There are 10 power levels in its grill mode, which can be customized to suit individual needs, as per over the range convection microwave reviews. The presence of glass turntable ensures even heating, and it is also easier to clean this product. The massive 1000 W of power output can be safeguarded from children using a dedicated child lock feature, while the sleek and stylish design will compliment any kitchen.
- pros +
- Stylish stainless-steel microwave with grilling feature 10 power levels to grill Glass turntable and grill rack Child lock safety feature
- cons -
- All-Arounder Model: Panasonic Countertop Microwave Oven Review
7 place :
This Panasonic microwave oven is a compact choice that looks great at any contemporary kitchen. It has a turntable that makes it ideal for heating anything from breakfast to appetizers, as per countertop convection microwave reviews. The patented inverter technology ensures smooth, seamless, and efficient cooking. There are 1200 watts of power to handle even tough cooking tasks.
- pros +
- Inverter technology for accurate power levels and fast cooking Sensor heat options 10 power levels 1200 watts for more intense tasks
- cons -
- No handle
- Finest Performance: Panasonic Microwave Oven Review
8 place :
This Panasonic stainless-steel microwave oven has many useful features that will help you in cooking if you lead an active lifestyle. It does not only have a multi-step program, but you can also pre-configure it, while you are busy with other things. This model is made of stainless steel; its touch panel has a high-quality coating that allows you to wipe the dirt with a damp cloth quickly. It is worth noting that this Panasonic model holds plates with a diameter of up to 30 cm.
- pros +
- It heats up well, maintains power after long-term use Energy-saving Excellent automatic defrosting Easy to use Multi-stage programs
- cons -
Best Convection Microwave 2019 Buying Guide
What Is a Convection Microwave?
Such a phenomenon as convection happens in nature when heat transfer occurs, during which internal energy is transmitted in the form of jets and flows (for example, during the formation of clouds). But, placed in the man’s service, it became a forced way. The appearance of the best over the range microwave convection oven has expanded our possibilities of preparing various dishes. Original oven models were equipped only with a grill function. It was possible to cook the most delicate chicken with crispy crust and nothing more. But a convection microwave can be considered a full oven. Thanks to a built-in fan located on the microwave’s back, hot air is pumped and circulates inside its working chamber. Of course, such models have relatively large dimensions, and they take much electricity. But in return, you will get perfectly baked meat, fish, air pies, and not with a burnt hard crust, as sometimes happens in an ordinary oven, but with a soft and well-baked one.
What to Look For?
Tastes differ. It is always challenging to make a choice, focusing solely on someone’s opinion or numerous reports. If you have a huge kitchen with many built-in appliances, including an oven and multi-cooker, then you probably don’t need this device.
But if things with a gas oven didn’t work out, as pies burn, and your baked chicken looks like a dried shoe, then you should buy an oven that combines three functions:
No one will argue that we all love to eat, especially tasty and fast. And here we come to the top microwave oven, with the help of which it is easy to cook quick and delicious, heat food and even prepare a dessert. And if you do not make a mistake with the choice of a small “chef,” then you can cook even a more serious dish. How to choose the best product in this category? What to look for when buying an indispensable assistant?
A special cooking sensor is installed in a working chamber of the best countertop microwave convection oven. When abundant steam generation is detected, this sensor sends a signal to a microprocessor, which determines and sets the time required for cooking.
Since in almost all budget microwave ovens, the energy is not distributed very evenly, they are equipped with a turntable plate. This plate can rotate both clockwise and counterclockwise, and this partially solves the problem of the distribution of microwaves. But if you like to cook bigger dishes, a toggle may be necessary. When you push a button, a plate doesn’t turn.
“Quick Cook” Features
The “Quick Cook” function allows you to select the highest temperature value quickly, which significantly facilitates the heating of food and drinks. The set time can be changed according to users’ individual needs almost in every countertop convection microwave. For example, to make a cup of cocoa that you drink in the evening, or warm up a bottle of milk for an infant.
A buyer should compare microwave ovens in terms of sizes and volume of a working chamber:
- 12-14 liters of a working chamber is enough for one person. These are compact and affordable models with a width of up to 50 cm.
- A couple will need up to 20 liters.
- For a family of 3 people – up to 25 liters.
These are the most optimal microwaves in the price-quality ratio.
The quality of the internal coating is another significant indicator. After all, no one wants to eat peelable particles of a microwave oven.
- Enamel. Although it is heat-resistant, it is the least reliable of all. This coating is used in inexpensive ovens and does not serve more than 5-7 years (depending on the intensity of use). To prolong the coating life, do not use abrasive cleaners and hard brushes.
- Stainless steel. This material is much better in its operational properties for any best convection oven – durable and resistant. But care is the most time-consuming – all effects (from steam, water, and fat) are visible on it.
- Ceramic enamel is an innovative covering that embodies ideal properties. It comes with an antibacterial coating. Fat does not adhere to such surfaces; the oven is light, durable, and harmless. But it is much more expensive than usual.
Due to various factors, any equipment breaks down and becomes unusable. Therefore, it is interesting to know what a service life of a microwave oven is and if it can be extended. Some manufacturers claim that with proper operation, the oven lifetime is from 6 years and more. In many ways, work without breakdowns depends on the quality manufacturer and price range. Do not forget that the miser pays twice.
Usually, a microwave has a guarantee of about a year or two; the service life is designed for five to seven years, depending on the model. But you can extend the life of the home microwave feeder.
Ease of Repair
As a rule, most buyers can fix small failures themselves, for example, to repair a mechanical regulator or replace the plug. In the case of more complicated problems regarding repairs, it is better to contact professional workshops; otherwise, you can catch an irradiation dose. If a microwave was purchased recently and is still under warranty, you do not need to repair it yourself or even try to figure out. Any traces of tampering, small scratches on the bolts, improvised soldiers will be grounds for refusing warranty service.
In fact, there are many of them: odor removal mode, camera lights, accelerated defrosting, and others. Let’s focus on the most demanded and significant points. They rarely have a decisive influence on the choice, but can serve as a nice bonus.
- Child lock. When this function is activated, the buttons will not respond to pressing, and the child will not be able to change the program.
- Container for steaming. As a rule, it is a small cup with a double bottom in which water is poured. It allows you to steam a small portion of not only tasty but also healthy food.
- Automatic cooking. Some models allow you to cook a few simple dishes, such as porridge, dumplings, or fish. Some offer a choice of more complex dishes. To cook in this mode, you need to put the specified ingredients, set their approximate weight, and run the program. The microwave itself will select the optimal power and cooking time.
- The system of uniform distribution of microwaves. Some manufacturers design their models in such a way that the radiation sources are 2 or even 3, which allows heating the product evenly from all sides.
Types of Best Convection Microwave Ovens
Each model is unique and has its technical characteristics and design. Due to this, each hostess can choose a product based on the needs, kitchen space, and interior.
Nowadays, there is a generally accepted division of microwave devices. Each type has its advantages and disadvantages.
Built-In Convection Microwave
A built-in microwave is a double saving of space. Thus, space is saved, because few people can boast of large kitchen sizes. And with this device, food is cooked much faster. Microwaves get into a product and “work” from the inside. In all other devices, the heat treatment takes place outside. So, built-in microwave ovens are becoming more and more popular every year.
Small microwave size allows you to place it in almost any kitchen space, even the smallest. The built-in appliance has very few slots, gaps, and cleaning surfaces — dust and debris will not fall inside. This oven has an impressive camera volume. It is always deeper and thinner from above. But such a microwave still costs more than usual. Therefore, manufacturers are trying to make it as functional as possible.
Over-the-Range Convection Microwave
This is another standard solution. But you need a special cabinet or additional shelf. Otherwise, it will have to be washed much more often, since more dirt and drips will appear. It can be avoided by ideally fitting the dimensions of the facade under the device, without gaps. It is good when a tabletop protrudes slightly forward, creating a small visor.
Countertop Convection Microwave
This is the most common type, according to microwave ratings. The main benefit is that you do not need to adjust your kitchen set; special openings are not made. It is installed in the kitchen, on any surface. It is easy to move it if you make a rearrangement in the kitchen or buy other household appliances, and swap furniture and appliances. Its placement also brings convenience during cleaning — it is enough to wipe it from all sides with a rag.
The Best Convection Microwave 2019: Our Advice
A convection microwave is an excellent solution for housekeepers with a small kitchen. Besides, it is cheaper than an oven with the same functionality. For cooks with experience and for beginners who love to bake – looking for a perfect convection microwave is a must.
In general, best ovens are represented by more than 1000 models – from different manufacturers, in various price categories, and so on. In any case, knowing all the peculiarities of the best convection microwaves – you can already decide whether you need it or not. Our recommendation is the Toshiba Microwave Oven, as it is ideal for smaller kitchens, dorms, or office break rooms. It looks good in any kitchen, not to mention all its features.
Hop on MyKitchenAdvisor.com for more interesting information!