Top 10 Best Chef Shoes: Comparison Chart
Best Overall Crocs Unisex Bistro Work Clog Review
- Choose from a variety of graphic inspirations, including flames, stainless steel, cutlery, tye dye, sushi, fishbone, kitchen utensils, bacon and eggs, and bandana
- Crocs Lock slip-resistant tread. Fully molded, easy to clean with soap and water
- Enclosed toe design and thicker metatarsal area help protect foot from spills
- Iconic Crocs Comfort: Lightweight. Flexible. 360-degree comfort. Contoured footbeds add to the comfort
- ASTM F2913-11 tested, CE Certified. Meets or exceeds EN ISO 20347:2012, OB, SRC
Stylish Skechers Men's Cessnock Food Service Shoe Review
- Breathable mesh
- Bungee lacing
- Slip resistant
- Relax fit
- Memory foam insole
Comfortable Skechers for Work Men's Flex Advantage Mcallen Food Service Shoe Review
- Slip-on shoe work shoe featuring mesh fabric upper and slip-resistant traction outsole
- Elastic side gores at opening
- Padded collar and reinforced stitched seams. Memory foam insole for cushioning
- For medium fit it maintains medium width in the heel with a roomier toe box. For medium fit it is a bit more open interior offers a looser fit around the entire foot
- Soft fabric shoe lining
Relaxed Fit: Skechers Men's Flex Advantage Bendon Work Shoe Review
- memory foam
The Most Comfortable Skechers Men's Nampa-Groton Food Service Shoe Review
- Memory Foam Footbed
- Relaxed Fit
Budget Crocs Women's Specialist Ii Vent Clog Review
- THE PERFECT WORK CROCS: Do your shoes live up to your career specialty? The Specialist II Clogs are the Crocs work shoes men and women need because they are perfect for long days and nights.
- EASY TO CLEAN: Crocs Specialist II clogs are fully molded and easy to clean by just using soap and water and allowing for a quick dry.
- THICK CONSTRUCTION FOR TOE PROTECTION: The Crocs At Work collection was designed with nurses, chefs and handworkers in mind. The thicker toe and metatarsal regions protect feet from spills.
- THICK CONSTRUCTION FOR TOE PROTECTION: The Crocs At Work collection was designed with nurses, chefs and handworkers in mind. The thicker toe and metatarsal regions protect feet from spills.
- MASSAGE-LIKE EXPERIENCE: The contoured footbeds increase arch support while nubbed foam footbeds offer a massage-like experience. These work Crocs for women and men are a must for feet that work long hours.
Certified Comfortable Shoes: Crocs Bistro Clog Review
- CROCS AT WORK: Clogs designed with food service, hospitality, and healthcare workers in mind, making great Nursing Shoes or Chef Shoes. They’re light and supportive enough to get you through even the longest shifts.
- EASY TO CLEAN: Crocs Bistro clogs are fully molded and easy to clean by just using soap and water and allowing for a quick dry.
- SLIP RESISTANT KITCHEN SHOES FOR MEN AND WOMEN: Crocs Lock slip-resistant treads come together to help you serve up the best non-slip shoes for women and men.
- ENCLOSED TOE DESIGN: These Clogs offer an enclosed toe design and thicker metatarsal area to help protect your feet from spills. Contoured footbeds make them the most comfortable shoes for women and men.
- CERTIFIED COMFORTABLE SHOES: Crocs that are fully ASTM F2913-11 tested, CE Certified. Meets or exceeds EN ISO 20347:2012, OB, SRC.
Unisex Crocs Women's Bistro Pro Literide Clog Review
- CERTIFIABLE COMFORT: Choose your culinary inspiration and serve up some serious comfort with these bistro clogs for women and men, now available with LiteRide foam footbeds inside the shoe
- CROCS WORK SHOES: Designed with food service, hospitality, and healthcare workers in mind, these Crocs for men and women are light and supportive enough to get you through even the longest shifts
- SLIP-RESISTANT TREADS: Crocs Lock slip-resistant treads offer added protection at the toes to help you serve up your best; The enclosed toe design of the Crocs shoe protects your feet from spills
- FOAM DESIGN: This clog is made of Crocs Croslite foam outsoles that provide durable, all-day support and comfort; These women's and men's shoes offer sink-in softness for innovative comfort
- CROCS CLOG: Same Crocs shoe quality designed to fit your lifestyle; Offers breakthrough world-class comfort designed to make you feel sensational on every step along the winding path
The Popular Dansko Women's Professional Clog Review
- Leather and or fabric uppers
- Padded instep collar for comfort when walking
- Roomy reinforced toe box for protection with plenty of "wiggle room" for your toes
- PU outsole with rocker bottom to propel foot forward and provide shock absorption
- Wide heel strike for greater stability
The Perfect Crocs Men's and Women's On The Clock Work Slip Resistant Chef Shoe Review
- THE PERFECT WORK CROCS: Do your shoes live up to your career specialty? The Crocs On-The-Clock Work Slip On Clogs are the Crocs work shoes men and women need for long days and nights.
- EASY TO CLEAN: Crocs work clogs are fully molded and easy to clean by just using soap and water and allowing for a quick dry.
- CERTIFIABLY COMFORTABLE: Think of these slip resistant shoes as a caffeinated version of the Crocs Classic Clog, all geared up for the grind. The enclosed toe and heel meet workplace standards and will protect your feet from spills.
- DESIGNED FOR HARD WORKERS: The Crocs On-The-Clock Work Slip On collection was designed with nurses, chefs, baristas and hard workers in mind. The slip resistant Crocs are designed with a tapered fit in the back for a secure, relaxed fit.
- SLIP RESISTANT: Made with Crocs Lock slip-resistant treads, these Crocs for work are perfect for those at risk of falling. The Croslite foam and deeply cushioned footbeds offer Dual Crocs Comfort that is perfect for those long shifts.
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Chef Shoes
Choosing the best kitchen shoes for chefs may be overwhelming because there are so many models available on the market, and the prices vary greatly. But our team will try to make this experience less stressful for you, contrary, it must be interesting and fun. Our first tip – you should opt for footwear that falls in the category of the best kitchen shoes. Focus on it since you won’t go wrong with a high-quality model. Such a footgear will have premium features and give you the opportunity to feel comfy while standing up the whole day.
In the section below, we are going to reveal secrets and cover everything you should know about the best chef shoes on the market and how to choose them. Besides, you’ll find the answers to the most frequently asked questions from people who have been looking for such models. Keep reading!
What Are Chef Shoes?
Working as a chef is a demanding and tough job that requires full attention to the food. But not only that! You have to stand and walk for up to 12 hours a day in the crowded and hot kitchen. Besides, various accidents often happen – slipping, falling, spills. Of course, you need special footwear.
Professional chef shoes are specially created footgear which deals effectively with slippery surfaces and provides support, stability and cushioning. There are certain qualities that you should look for in the model, they are exceptional comfort, minimal weight, support, stability, excellent grip, and style. All of these factors make the best kitchen shoes.
Why Do I Need Chef Shoes?
There are a lot of reasons to wear the best chef shoes for those who spend the whole day in the kitchen, and here is why.
You know that sitting for the whole day has a bad impact on overall health. However, standing is even worse than sitting, especially if you are working in a cafe or restaurant where shifts are very long. That’s why people who work in the kitchen might encounter such health issues as varicose veins, circulatory system problems, pain in the lower back and hips, etc. Overall, kitchen work is not all sunshine and rainbows. So, as you understand, the best chef shoes are a must, mainly because they can prevent some health issues and make you feel comfortable and safe.
Benefits Of Good Chef Shoes
The best that you can do to preserve health while working is to wear the right shoes for chefs in the kitchen. With such footwear, the job will be much easier and you’ll really enjoy it. Let’s take a closer look at the benefits of wearing chef footwear.
- Thanks to platforms and slightly higher heels, kitchen shoes are much more comfortable compared to typical footgear.
- They are lightweight, flexible and padded, so your feet won’t hurt at the end of the day.
- Such footwear is slip-resistant – it minimizes the chances of slipping or tripping in the kitchen.
- Insoles of the slip-resistant chef shoes often have moisture-absorbing materials.
- They have a protective toe box.
- This footgear boasts good foot support, which is crucial for chefs since they have to lift heavy containers and pots.
It seems that manufacturers have thought over every detail when they were creating the best non-slip shoes for chefs.
How To Choose The Best Chef Shoes
In this section, you’ll find the most important characteristics that you should consider when selecting the best chef shoes in the world. So, what to look for in such footwear?
Size is one of the most important factors when you are choosing footwear. If you’re buying online, measure your foot and find the right size for you. Also, check customers’ reports on whether the size of the certain model is all right or inconsistent.
If the size is bigger or smaller, you’ll be too uncomfortable, probably in pain, and won’t be able to work effectively. Contrary, the right fit will provide comfort and won’t cause those painful blisters.
Fortunately, most retailers offer a generous return policy so that you can send footwear back if it doesn’t fit you.
No matter you are looking for men’s or women’s chef shoes, the design is something that you definitely have to take into account. Chefs are very busy people, and they usually want to have something to get into quickly. So, it’s better to opt for chef clogs or slip-on shoes without straps & holds. However, if you prefer a lace-up design, watch that such footgear allows for the easy-to-put-on capability thanks to the elastic shoe strings on the tongue.
The material of the chef shoes for men and women is vital. It’ll determine the support, durability, and breathability of the footgear. Constant work in the kitchen leads to wear and tear of the shoes, so you should choose such a material that can handle this strain.
The kitchen environment is hot and feet tend to swell, so ensure that the shoe material is breathable; it’ll make you far more comfortable. Furthermore, footwear should be water-resistant. It’s crucial because unpleasant accidents often happen in the kitchen – spilling of hot liquids, greasy oil, etc. And you need something to protect your feet from these occurrences.
It one of the most essential factors. Non-slip kitchen shoes must be OSHA compliant since the biggest danger while cooking is a greasy floor, so such footwear is a life-saver. Even if you are sure that the environment is safe and not slippery, slip-resistant chef shoes are still much better than ordinary sneakers. Like all footgear, your kitchen shoes will wear and tear over time, so don’t forget to replace them in about a year. Note that if you do take care of the outsole, the shoes will last longer. Gunk and debris may get clogged in the treads causing slipping and sliding. It doesn’t mean that the shoes have become bad, however, you might need to give them a thorough clean to retain slip-resistant properties.
When you are standing and walking the whole long shift, a model with excellent shock absorption will make all the difference. After a long day on foot, each little move will add up stress on your toes, heels, arch, forefoot, muscles, and joints. But if you are wearing high-quality, kitchen shoes with good shock absorption, you’ll feel less tired.
Working in the kitchen means staying in a hot environment for a long time. It can lead to excessive sweating if you are wearing the wrong footwear. The best chef shoes must be breathable; a high-quality pair allows air to circulate and prevents moisture-related problems like blisters, fungal infections, and open sores. However, when we are talking about kitchen footwear we should remember that the upper foot is too exposed, so don’t buy a pair with soft materials there, or you can end up with burns. It’s better when shoes are perforated or combine perforation with mesh, but, again, – no mesh on the exposed areas.
In the kitchen shoes, you’ll also look for good support. Especially, if you have a flat foot. The best chef shoes for flat feet will give extra support to your arch. Inner sole, midsoles, shock absorption are things that help to support your feet too.
You should know that not all arch supports are the same; they can be low, medium and high. If you have a flat foot, you shouldn’t wear high arch support footwear, because it can damage metatarsal bones on the feet. Generally, if you haven’t major problems, you just have to feel comfortable when you are wearing a particular model. Or you can consult a doctor to know what type of arch support you need.
Heel Ankle Support
High-quality footwear must support the foot in all areas and directions. However, ankle and back heel need some extra support when you are working in the kitchen for endless hours. Supported ankles and heels reduce stress on the joints and muscles. Good kitchen shoes with the right level of support mustn’t slide forward and backward. Overall, footwear should feel as if they were your own feet.
Kitchen footwear made of leather will be more durable than a synthetic variant. We noticed that synthetic leather begins to peel away after several hot spills. However, this material is more affordable, and so the old saying “You get what you pay for” works here.
But don’t end your search only on leather footwear, there are other durable, high-quality materials such as croslite (rubber and foam). It is one of the sturdiest materials which is perfectly suitable for a kitchen environment.
Trusted manufacturers offer an outsole warranty if soles wear out within a certain period. Check the manufacturer’s website for this info.
The weight of professional shoes is an essential factor when you are choosing a pair for yourself. Lightweight footwear is more comfortable and flexible, plus, it allows to move faster and easier. Lighter shoes are more durable, they won’t wear and tear so soon. If you have to stand up and walk a lot, such chef footwear won’t weigh your foot down, so it’s more desirable for kitchen work.
The price range on chef shoes is wide – from 20$ up to 150$
We understand that you’re not made of money and want to find a high-quality but cheap model. There is affordable footwear on the market that doesn’t compromise the quality. However, don’t choose too cheap chef shoes since they can be made of poor materials.
Overall, consider all the factors listed here, and you’ll be able to pick chef shoes that will meet all your needs.
Best Chef Shoes Types
Kitchen footwear comes with different features and characteristics, however, the most important ones are non-slip soles, comfy insoles/outsoles, and breathable material. There are 3 main types of chef shoes that are not only functional but also comfortable, safe and durable. Note, that they have to comply with OHSA and EN (safety regulations). So, without too many details here, slip-on shoes, chef clogs, and lace-up shoes are three basic types of kitchen footwear. Let’s take a closer look at them.
Slip-On Chef Shoes
Slip-on chef shoes are favorite ones among kitchen workers since such footwear is easy to slip on and off. The lack of strings is considered as a bonus, nothing will come loose and create a tripping hazard during the work. Besides, you don’t need to stop your work and waste the time to tie up loose laces and wash your hands after that – so arduous process!
When selecting slip-on footwear, remember that the fit is essential – the shoe must be secure on your foot. Lots of models have elastic around the openings to have shoes in place. Anyway, the most important criterion is your comfort.
Clogs or mules are among the best chef shoes for wide feet. They are super comfortable for people who spend the whole day on their feet. Besides, such a model offers good ventilation, preventing excessive sweating.
However, if you are choosing clogs, you should take into account the safety aspect. Some of them do not have closed, protective toes, hence such models don’t comply with OHSA and EN (safety regulations). But lots of manufacturers offer chef clogs which are as good and protective as other styles of chef shoes. Consider this factor before making a final decision.
Lace Up Work Shoes
Lace-up work shoes are not that popular models because laces can come loose, plus they might be a bit restrictive if not tied up properly. Some lace-up models have steel toes and other protection, it makes them heavier than clogs or slip-on shoes. However, this type of footwear is as beneficial as slip-on shoes in terms of comfort, style, and traction. Besides, if they are made of genuine leather, they are super durable; you’ll need only to change laces from time to time.
No matter what type you opt for, you have to make sure that the model you have chosen is super comfortable, provides stability and support. It must be non-slip, protective, waterproof, durable and has a good grip.
Take time and care when you are selecting a good pair of shoes for you, especially if you want to choose the best chef shoes for sore feet since they need special attention. Actually, any stuff for the kitchen, be it the best chef knife or shoes for you, need much attention while you are choosing.
Best Chef Shoes FAQs
When Should You Replace Chef Shoes?
As a rule, you’ll have to replace chef shoes between 6 and 12 months if you work in the average kitchen environment. However, some models can last longer and if you take proper care of footwear, it’ll serve great and long. Often gunk and debris may get clogged in the treads causing slipping and sliding. It doesn’t mean that the shoes have become bad, however, you might need to give them a thorough clean to retain slip-resistant properties. But even with the best care, you must replace footwear eventually.
Why Do Chefs Wear Clogs?
As it was mentioned above, clogs are chefs’ favorite shoes. Chef clogs have anti-slip bottoms to prevent kitchen workers from slopping and injuring. Most of such footwear have insoles made of moisture-absorbing material, preventing slipping thanks to feet perspiration. Overall, they are super comfortable and offer good ventilation. However, if you are choosing clogs, you should take into account the safety aspect. Some of them do not have closed, protective toes, hence such models don’t comply with OHSA and EN (safety regulations). But lots of manufacturers offer chef clogs which are as good and protective as other styles of chef shoes. Consider this factor before making a final decision.
Can I Use Chef Shoes As Everyday Shoes?
Despite the fact that some chef shoes look like typical footwear suitable for daily use, you can’t use it on the street or even at home. Just because it’s not hygienic.
Are All Chef Shoes Non-slip?
Shoes that are designed for chefs must be non-slip, it’s one of the most important factors which you have to consider when choosing footwear. Kitchen workers, cooks, and chefs all around the world deserve the best kitchen footgear which will keep their feet comfortable, protective, and safe on oily and wet surfaces.
How Do You Clean Kitchen Shoes?
Cleaning kitchen footwear is rather simple. First, remove the dirt and debris with plain water, then remove insoles and wash and air dry them. After that, wash the main body of your shoes. For this reason, fill a bucket with lukewarm water and add a bit of mild detergent, let footwear to soak there. You could also use a special shoe cleaner kit for a top-notch cleaning. When the shoes have soaked for a while, air dry them. Do not rub them dry or you can damage the footwear.
Can Kitchen Cleaners Damage Chef Shoes?
For cleaning your best chef shoes, you should use mild liquid detergent or shoe cleaner kit, they are not abrasive and keep footwear in proper condition. The majority of kitchen cleaners contain abrasive elements which can damage leather or mesh, that’s why experts don’t recommend to use such cleaners. However, if the shoes are rubber, you can use any detergent, just don’t rub too much.
How To Get Rid Of The Stink From My Kitchen Shoes?
You should give your shoes a thorough clean, it must fight the stink. However, there are several dry methods to eliminate the smell, here they are:
- Put kitty litter in the footwear and leave it overnight – just make sure to buy infused litter which is aimed to remove odors.
- Place your footwear in the freezer – freezing may reduce or even remove the smell. However, it can damage the shoes, so do not forget to put them in a resealable bag. Leave them in the freezer overnight.
- Put orange peels in the shoes overnight – the fresh citrus aroma will eliminate the smell in your footwear.
Verdict And Our Recommendation For 2020
To sum up, when you are choosing kitchen footwear, you should check and be aware of all the characteristics. That’s why our team of experts on mykitchenadvisor.com has decided to create this post and discover the main features of the best chef shoes 2020. Now you know the differences between various models and can make an educated choice. Our final tip for you – before making a purchase, read customers’ reports to get to know all the pros and cons which real users have noticed.
We hope that this article has helped you in making the final decision. Tell us whether you have found the right shoes for you? What features are the most important for you?