- 1 Top 3 Best Ceramic Waffle Makers: Comparison Chart
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: Best Ceramic Waffle Maker
- 2.1 What is Ceramic Waffle Maker?
- 2.2 Pros And Cons Of Ceramic Waffle Makers
- 2.3 Teflon vs. Ceramic Waffle Maker
- 2.4 How to Choose the Best Ceramic Waffle Maker?
- 3 FAQ
- 4 Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020
Top 3 Best Ceramic Waffle Makers: Comparison Chart
Best Overall: Presto 03510 Review
- Professional-style rotating design with extra-thick grid bakes a 7-inch diameter Belgian waffle with four easy-to-cut sections
- Dual function base assures convenient rotation for baking and locks in a space-saving vertical position for storage
- Countdown timer with digital display signals when time is complete; Brushed stainless steel exterior;
- Nonstick interior easily wipes clean. Care and Cleaning: Hand wash ; 120 Volts AC, 1100 Watts
- Flips 180 degrees to evenly spread batter for waffles that are crispy outside and tender inside. Refer the User manual page .2 below for Timer Instruction and trouble shooting steps
DuraCeramic: Oster CKSTWF1502-TECO Review
- Belgian waffle maker with titanium-infused DuraCeramic nonstick coating lasts 8x longer than ordinary nonstick coatings
- Natural, PTFE- and PFOA-free ceramic coating won't flake or peel and cleans easily
- Cooks up to 30% faster to save time and energy
- Adjustable temperature control lets you make light and fluffy or crispy waffles
- Polished chrome housing for an elegant design
Includes a Measuring Cup: Oster Titanium CKSTVWF1 Review
- Measures 10. 72" L x 4. 97" W x 11. 77" H, Cord measures 27" L, Easy-open, button Safe-to-touch handle prevents burns, PFOA- and PTFE-free, Ceramic/metal/plastic, Wipe clean. 1080 watts
- Includes a measuring cup to prevent holes and undercooked spots
- DuraCeramic nonstick cookware is easy to clean and won't flake or peel
- Unique vertical orientation and wide top spout make for easy, mess-free pouring
- Prepare a perfect Belgian-style waffle in minutes
Buyer’s Guide: Best Ceramic Waffle Maker
Same as with any other appliance, buying the best ceramic waffle maker can be a challenge. This is because there are a lot of factors that you need to consider before deciding which model works for you the most. The majority of people would think that the main difference is the number of waffles you can make at one go. That is undoubtedly important, but it is far from the only thing you need to look into. Now you will be able to understand the difference between waffle types, as well as how heat control and other things play the role in terms of waffle quality.
What is Ceramic Waffle Maker?
So, it is not a big mystery. It is your ordinary waffle maker, but with a ceramic coating. The main difference between ceramic and other waffle makers is that this is a safe and eco-friendly waffle maker. When making these appliances, manufacturers do not use PTFE and PFOA chemicals that are regularly used for making Teflon models. Because of ceramic coating, you will have a non-stick and non Teflon waffle maker that perfectly distributes heat. Besides, the Teflon free waffle maker is relatively inexpensive, which is great news because it means that even those who are on a tight budget can enjoy a healthy breakfast. Another advantage is that they are pretty durable and long-lasting.
Pros And Cons Of Ceramic Waffle Makers
- Sturdy. We heard a lot of times that we need to be super careful with ceramic plates or cups because they are fragile. While this is true, the ceramic used for cookware is different. It is much more durable, and it will last longer.
- Simple to clean. Ceramic is a non-stick material, and thus it is easy to clean it.
- Heat distribution. As we mentioned beforehand, the ceramic coating allows for perfectly even heat distribution.
- The only disadvantage is that sometimes the batter isn’t evenly spread.
Teflon vs. Ceramic Waffle Maker
So, you might have noticed that we already mentioned PFOA and PTFE chemicals. The main reason why we insist on the ceramic option being safer is the fact that it is entirely chemical-free. According to the most recent studies, heating Teflon over 550 °F degrades its materials into harmful gases and particulates. Over the long run, the emitted gases were found to cause severe damage to the airway. PFOA persists indefinitely in the environment and most of the living bodies. In 2000, a shocking NHANES study detected a percentage of this material in 98% of its participants!
Many people think that Teflon is the best option because of its non-stick features that make cleaning super simple. But ceramic is also a non-stick material, and thus you won’t have any difficulty cleaning it. Unlike the Teflon model, the ceramic waffle maker is eco-friendly and heats approximately 20% faster, so you can make more waffles.
How to Choose the Best Ceramic Waffle Maker?
Waffle Style: Belgian/Classic
There are two main styles of waffles – Belgian and regular (American) waffles. The manufacturers make appliances following the differences between these two styles. Maker for Belgian waffles usually has larger cooking grids and batter portions. They also have several browning settings and thicker cooking plates. When making a decision, you have to understand whether you need a ceramic Belgian waffle maker or you prefer making classic waffles.
Heat Control, Timer, Light Indicators
All these features are there to make your waffle making adventure easier. Some people like their waffles crispier, while others prefer when they are fluffy. These features can help you determine when is the right time to take them out, so they can be just the way you like it.
Number of Waffles
One of the things you need to pay attention to when buying your ceramic waffle maker with removable plates is the output. If you are wondering what the output, we will just say that it refers to the number of waffles you can make at one go. Before you start shopping, you have to think about how many people you are going to feed regularly. Most machines are designed to make one or two waffles at a time. However, there are also commercial makers that can make eight or even more waffles.
Shape of Cooking Area
Shape, as well as the size of the cooking area depends on the type of waffles you are making. It is worth mentioning that besides classic and Belgian there are also Brussels and Liege waffles. For the American option, you need ceramic waffle iron with round or square plates; Belgian waffles are always round; Brussels type is rectangular while the shape of Liege waffle is irregular.
- Browning. This question is entirely up to your preferences. Maybe you like them crispier? Or you prefer soft waffles? A machine with browning control will enable you to make them the way you like them.
- Flip feature. We advise you to look for an appliance with this feature. It allows the batter to be evenly spread which means that there won’t be any parts that aren’t cooked enough.
You know some people don’t pay a lot of attention to this, but we are going to explain to you why it is significant. Manufacturers who have a good reputation and long tradition in making this type of appliance are more adequate to guarantee the quality of their products. And, although waffle makers aren’t exceptionally expensive, you don’t want to throw money on buying a new one each year. Here are some reputable brands.
- Calphalon is a popular brand, pretty known for making high-quality appliances. Besides using the latest technology, they also made sure to make a waffle maker model that will certainly be a beautiful addition to your kitchen counter. They are the most expensive on the market.
- Presto is another famous brand. Waffle fans like this manufacturer because it is the first one that made a waffle maker that allows you to completely flip waffles.
- Oster is a manufacturer specialized in making waffle makers. Their models come in different shapes, sizes, etc.
How to Clean Waffle Maker?
As mentioned several times, cleaning this gadget is super simple. The material is non-stick, so you want to have any problem removing the grease. The main thing here is that you should wash it only with soap and lukewarm water because unlike Teflon, this waffle maker isn’t dishwasher safe, except if you have the model with removable plates.
Things to Make in a Waffle Maker
Some people think that waffles are the only thing you can make in this non-toxic waffle maker. But, is it true? Well, not really! Waffle makers are popular because you can make all kinds of things using this appliance, such as brownies, pancakes, falafel, omelets, etc.
Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020
Here we are at the end of our ceramic waffle maker reviews. As you could see, there are a lot of things to consider before making a decision. Now, you have all information you need, and we can say that you are perfectly ready to go out and get your best ceramic waffle maker 2020. We hope that you will get the right model and enjoy a delicious breakfast with your friends and family!