- 1 TOP 9 best carbon steel wok 2020: Comparison Chart
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About the best carbon steel wok
- 2.1 What makes a wok so unique?
- 2.2 Why Carbon Steel And Not Any Other Material?
- 2.3 How to Choose the best carbon steel wok?
- 2.4 The Best carbon steel wok types
- 2.5 How to Season a Carbon Steel Wok
- 3 Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020
TOP 9 best carbon steel wok 2020: Comparison Chart
This carbon steel round bottom wok is made of 15 gauge thickness for no-compromise durability. With its stable build and design, it is suitable for use on a variety of cooktops like gas stoves and burners. This best carbon steel wok has a traditional hand hammered style for the authenticity of Asian cooking. Its 14-inch diameter makes it suitable for everyday use. A helper handle provides a stronghold during stir-fry. Traditional design and the hammered finish on this product elevates the experience of cooking altogether.
Do you need something that gives you the honest experience of cooking an Asian delicacy? Then this best carbon steel wok by Chinese professionals is a great pick.Do you need something that gives you the honest experience of cooking an Asian delicacy? Then this best carbon steel wok by Chinese professionals is a great pick.
Why We Like It
- Hygroscopic non-slip wooden handle allows safe handling
- Choice of safe materials for healthy cooking
- Durable construction that makes it last for years
- Easy seasoning instructions come in the box
- Food doesn’t stick to the bottom
As a 12-inch steel wok, it can suit most kitchens. Durable handle allows full command of the wok. Uniform finish allows quick heating, and therefore meals get cooked uniformly. You also do not have to worry about food getting burnt or sticking to the bottom. With its nice 4'' depth and the overall size, this carbon steel wok is suitable for most moderate-sized families.
If you need a solid build carbon wok with a classic round bottom for use on electric/induction surfaces, then this is one of the best choices out there.
Why We Like It
- Uses strong 12-gauge steel for longevity
- Sturdy handle
- Depth allows mess-free cooking
- Even heat distribution for efficient heating
As a carbon steel wok with a lid, this one is suitable for use on gas stoves, induction cooktop, and electric cooktops. With its elegant looks, this best carbon steel wok can easily elevate the aesthetics of your kitchen. Versatility comes from the inclusion of a neat wooden lid and a metal spatula. The hammered pattern on the inside adds to the slick styling. You can follow the detailed video user guide after buying the product for seasoning it. Lightweight and robust build, together with the 12.5'' diameter, makes this a practical option for cooking most dishes.
Without the hassle of finding a compatible spatula and a lid that fits, this one makes a great all-in-one combo pack for your kitchen.
Why We Like It
- Professional carbon steel flat bottom wok design makes it sturdy
- Build quality of the spatula and lid complement the overall quality
- Lightweight design allows convenient handling
- Rapid heating enables you to cook food faster
As a pro-grade carbon steel wok, this one is suitable for use on gas stoves, induction cooktop, and electric cooktops. With its elegant looks, this best carbon steel wok can easily elevate the aesthetics of your kitchen. The hammered pattern on the inside adds to the slick styling. Lightweight and robust build, together with the 12'' diameter, makes this a practical option for cooking most dishes. This item is very versatile: it is dishwasher, oven, fridge and even freezer safe.
- You can quickly cook your recipes with the event heat distribution it offers
- Even when fully hot, food doesn’t stick to the surface
- You can confidently tackle deep frying to slow roasting
- Strong helper handle makes it comfortable to use
- Design may not fit any kitchen
As a hand-hammered wok, this one comes with a round bottom. This wok is pre-seasoned so you can use it just after purchase. The handle and helper handle are both durable and practical to use while cooking. For all those times where a large-sized vessel would be useful, this one with its 14 inch diameter solves the purpose. Made of 15 gauge steel, it is also quite strong inside out. Without burning your food, it also doesn’t lose its properties at extreme temperatures.
As a big wok with a resilient build, this is a worthy long term investment for your kitchen.
- Hand-hammered by Chinese professionals it is designed for the chefs
- Wide design allows uniform cooking
- High strength steel helper handles for secure handling
- Heavy design is not suitable for everyone to use
With a flat bottom, this multifunctional 14inch option is one of the top-rated cooking vessels in the market. As an uncoated carbon steel wok, this one needs to be seasoned before use. When seasoned right, this one also works as an excellent non-stick carbon steel wok for stir-fry and other functions. With its consistent cooking performance, you can use it for cooking your signature dishes with confidence. With its long handles supported by the helper handle tossing the ingredients within becomes so much easier.
If you need a moderately sized design with practical features and a fuss-free construction, then this one makes the right choice.
- Made of birch wood, the handles stay cool
- Safety of use comes from the flat and stable design
- From simmering to deep frying, it handles every job with the same reliability
- Suitable for use on a gas stove, induction cooktop and electric stoves
- Handle gets a little loose with use
Featuring a nice rounded bottom, this wok also makes the best carbon steel frying pan. It is also suitable for use for steaming, stewing, and other tasks. As a versatile addition to your kitchen, it comes hammered by Chinese professionals. With its 1.8mm thickness, it weighs 4 ¾ lbs. The durable bamboo handle gives it a neat finish. Helper handle allows you to handle the weight safely. As a handcrafted design, this is built to last. With use and with subsequent seasoning, food doesn’t stick to the surface.
If you need a low maintenance option that eventually turns to a non-stick surface to cook meat and more, this is a wonderful choice.
- Coming from one of the best wok brands it has an impressive lifetime warranty
- Shortens the time taken for cooking
- Handle features a hanging hole
- Easy to maintain and extend its life
- Seasoning procedure is pretty long
Made of non-toxic carbon steel, wok`s heavy-gauge material makes it a long-lasting option. This set includes wok with lid, convenient reversible burner ring, 11 pairs chopsticks and many other useful tools. There is also recipe booklet in this bundle. Healthy cooking also comes with energy efficiency as this heats up rapidly. Wok`s rounded bottom enhances the consistency of heating and cooks the ingredients evenly without burning them.
For all those who need a safe and easy to use product in the 14-inch category, coming with rich set of useful cooking tools, this is one of the best carbon steel woks.
- 10-piece set
- Performance-oriented sturdy, versatile design
- Proper seasoning makes this a non-stick surface in the long run
- Metal could be thicker
If you need a pan that speeds up your cooking routine, then this is one of the most popular options. As a pre-seasoned wok, it saves you time and effort involved in preparing the cookware. With its 12gauge steel heating is fast and even. High-density material used in construction delivers longevity. The design of the pan is to make it suitable for residential and professional kitchens. The ability to heat up quickly and retain the desired temperature makes this a worthy addition to the kitchen.
Ready to use straight out of the box, it makes a smart choice as the best carbon steel skillet for a small family’s cooking needs.
- You can use this on grills, electric stoves, induction and gas cooktops
- Good heat retention makes it an efficient pan to use
- Low maintenance cookware for the beginners
- Riveted handles feel sturdy and easy to grab
- It is shallow, and so you cannot use it for deep frying
- Handle is not too convenient to hold and can get hot easily
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About the best carbon steel wok
What makes a wok so unique?
Contrary to popular belief, this utensil is not just for Chinese food. You can easily ace the art of preparing a large spectrum of oriental cuisines with it. Its ability to uniformly distribute heat is one of the major perks. When rightly seasoned, it can also promote healthier cooking.
Why Carbon Steel And Not Any Other Material?
This material is known for its superior heat retention capacity. Therefore, it delivers energy efficiency. The very high temperature would not hamper the characteristics of this material.
How to Choose the best carbon steel wok?
Here are some considerations
You get to choose flat bottom and round bottom. If you are using induction cookware, a flat bottom design might be the right choice.
Size and height
Most are 14-inch models for both professional and residential use. A deep one can be useful for varied cooking needs. When you pick a shallow, it also becomes the best carbon steel pan for shallow frying.
Select cool-stay handles for safety. Like paella pan, many woks come with double handles — one long and the other helper handle.
Round bottom design combined with the use of materials influence how uniformly the food heats up.
Choosing something that becomes like a non-stick with regular seasoning allows fat-free cooking.
Lightweight design would be easier to handle for residential use. It can also be used as the best saute pan for quick preparations.
Like the oil brush, spatula, and lid, some come with accessories that help you save money
Pick something that doesn’t rust easily. The durability of the handles is also essential.
Remember that there are choices in each budget category. Spend a budget based on how much you use one.
The Best carbon steel wok types
- Flat bottomed -comes with a flat bottom for use on induction stoves
- Round bottomed — suitable for use on gas stoves
- Hammering — hand-hammered design shows in the finish
- Spinning — spun carbon steel wok shows concentric circles
- Stamping — they come with smooth sides
How to Season a Carbon Steel Wok
Scrub away the rust and impurities. You can also use a few drops of oil at this stage. Use hot water for better results. When it is fully dry, heat it on high flame till you see it turn blue-yellow. Apply a uniform layer of oil all over and then heat it again on medium flame. Wipe off the blackened surface. When you keep repeating this process, no black residue comes on your paper. That is when you stop.
Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020
Based on various parameters, you can easily pick the one that suits your cooking style from this carbon steel wok reviews. We, at mykitchenadvisor.com, have presented the list above, considering a round-up of all commonly observed features. On several levels, we found the Craft Wok Carbon Steel Pow Wok to be the best wok carbon steel option. Its sturdy construction and handcrafted elegance are our favorite features. It is also a versatile one that you can use in your kitchen or even for professional use. Therefore, it makes excellent value for money.