- 1 TOP 10 CAPPUCCINO MACHINES: COMPARISON TABLE
- 1.1 Best Overall: Top Quality - Breville The Barista Express BES870XL Review
- 1.2 Best Easy-To-Use Cappuccino Machine: Affordable + Versatile - Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista Espresso and Cappuccino Maker Review
- 1.3 Best Home Cappuccino Machine: Delonghi Magnifica Automatic Cappuccino Maker ESAM3300 Review
- 1.4 Best Semi-automatic Cappuccino Maker: Espressoworks All-in-one Espresso Machine Set With Electric Coffee Grinder Review
- 1.5 Best Espresso Cappuccino Machine: Mr. Coffee One-touch Espresso And Cappuccino Maker Review
- 1.6 Best For Cappuccino Art: Breville BES870XL The Barista Express Review
- 1.7 Perfect For Beginners: Hamilton Beach Espresso & Cappuccino Maker 40792 Review
- 1.8 For Coffee Pods: Breville’s Nespresso Inissia BEC150TTN1AUC1 Review
- 1.9 Best Small Cappuccino Maker: Yabano Espresso And Cappuccino Maker Review
- 1.10 Best Affordable Cappuccino Maker: Vremi Stovetop VRM010010N Espresso Maker Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: Best Cappuccino Machine
- 2.1 Difference Between Coffee and Cappuccino
- 2.2 How to Choose the Best Cappuccino Machine?
- 2.3 Best Cappuccino Machine Types
- 3 Our Recommendation
TOP 10 CAPPUCCINO MACHINES: COMPARISON TABLE
Best Overall: Top Quality - Breville The Barista Express BES870XL Review
Breville BES870CBXL automatic cappuccino machine is made of excellent materials for optimum durability. Whole coffee beans are ground right before brewing. Its water temperature is constant to ensure rich espresso. This Breville cappuccino machine lets you choose the grind amount and size. Plus, shot volumes are reprogrammable. Cleaning isn’t that hard with a light indicator and a cleaning kit.
Why We Like It
- 1600w, 15 bar Italian pressure pump
- Thermocoil–Integrated stainless-steel water path accurately controls water temperature;
- Prepares your cup of coffee in less than a minute thanks to Thermocoil water path;
- A dial controls the size of the grind to make it suitable with different bean types;
- When you choose a filter type, the grinder automatically adjusts the amount of coffee.
Best Easy-To-Use Cappuccino Machine: Affordable + Versatile - Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista Espresso and Cappuccino Maker Review
Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista semi-automatic cappuccino maker features a 15-bar pump system with one espresso cup capacity. It is equipped with a pair of thermometers for consistent water temperature. A recipe book comes with your purchase! And who knows, you might get inspired to make your own concoctions. Mr. Coffee cappuccino maker is also easy to clean as it is programmed with a cleaning cycle.
Why We Like It
- 3-in-1 espresso, latte, and cappuccino maker;
- 1040w, 15-bar pump system for single and double servings;
- automated milk frother with 475 capacity;
- removable milk reservoir so you can refrigerate unused milk;
- ease of operation; one-touch control panel, dial knob.
Best Home Cappuccino Machine: Delonghi Magnifica Automatic Cappuccino Maker ESAM3300 Review
Delonghi Espresso and Cappuccino Maker lets you impress your guests. It can do both ground and whole beans. The Tubeless system grinds the beans right before brewing. Coffee strength can be adjusted to fit what you are in the mood for. And you can choose which cup size will quench your thirst. 5 coffee strength settings and 4 cup sizes to choose from.
Why We Like It
- 15-bar pressure pump;
- Ease of use; control panel has push buttons and dials which are programmable;
- 60 oz. tank capacity and features a hot water spout for hot cocoa and tea;
- Energy-efficient; automatically shuts off in 3 hours;
- Ease of cleaning; rigged with decalcification indicator.
Best Semi-automatic Cappuccino Maker: Espressoworks All-in-one Espresso Machine Set With Electric Coffee Grinder Review
ESPRESSOWORKS steam espresso & cappuccino machine has a 15 bar pump espresso machine that is bundled with 7 states of the art pieces: portafilter, measuring spoon and tamper, electric coffee bean Grinder, a pair of porcelain cups, and a milk frothing cup. Its water tank is made of clear plastic, so it’ll be easy to know when to refill. Plus, instead of buying ground coffee, why not buy beans? It only takes 30 seconds to grind it yourself for a better-tasting coffee.
- 1250w, 15-bar pump system for single and double servings;
- Prepares your cup of coffee within 45 seconds thanks to Thermoblock Heating System;
- Stainless steel accessories: filter, frothing cup, bean grinder blades, heating tray;
- 1.25-liter tank capacity;
- ease of operation; one-touch power switch button and dial knob.
- Cleaning is a little difficult.
Best Espresso Cappuccino Machine: Mr. Coffee One-touch Espresso And Cappuccino Maker Review
Mr. Coffee One-touch Coffeehouse espresso cappuccino maker can make 3 lattes and 6 cappuccinos, features a cup tray that can accommodate two espresso cups for faster serving. Water is heated quickly and has constant temperature thanks to its three thermocouples. This cappuccino coffee maker is also easy to clean as it is programmed with a cleaning cycle.
- 19-bar Italian pressure pump;
- automated milk frother with 650ml capacity;
- removable milk reservoir so you can refrigerate unused milk;
- ease of operation; one-touch control panel and dial knob.
Best For Cappuccino Art: Breville BES870XL The Barista Express Review
Breville the Barista Express cappuccino maker features pre-infusion which utilizes the gradual increase in water pressure to expand the grinds that results in even extraction. Feel like an expert when you use hand textured milk froth to design your latte with. This set also includes a coffee scoop, portafilter, wall filter baskets, milk jug, tamper, and dose trimming tool, and a cleaning set.
- 1600w Thermocoil–Integrated stainless-steel water path accurately controls water temperature;
- Prepares your cup of coffee in less than a minute thanks to the Thermocoil water path;
- 9 bar extraction pressure for single and double servings;
- A dial controls the size of the grind to make it suitable with different bean types.
- This unit can’t simultaneously steam and brew.
- Recommended for experts;
Perfect For Beginners: Hamilton Beach Espresso & Cappuccino Maker 40792 Review
Hamilton Beach Espresso & Cappuccino Maker 40792 is very easy to operate: slide the portafilter and lock it in place. You don’t have to fiddle around so much to make an espresso. It is also equipped with a hot top that keeps your coffee hot while waiting to be served. And it can also take on espresso pods.
- 15 bar Italian pressure pump;
- Slide & Lock™ filter holder makes setup easy;
- Removable water reservoir and drip tray;
- Swiveling steam wand;
- Compatible with espresso pods and ground espresso
- Selector dial for espresso and steam functions.
- Milk cup not included.
For Coffee Pods: Breville’s Nespresso Inissia BEC150TTN1AUC1 Review
BREVILLE’S NESPRESSO INISSIA Cappuccino Maker is a lightweight and compact automatic espresso machine with 19 bar pressure. This coffee and cappuccino maker is very convenient to use. You don’t have to wait long because preheat time is under a minute. Plus, Aeroccino 3 gives a smooth textured milk froth in a matter of seconds without making noise.
- 19 pressure bar
- Weighs only 6 pounds for ease of portability;
- Automatically turns off in 9 minutes;
- Includes 16 espresso capsules with different aromas as a welcome gift.
- Some buyers have reported receiving defective products.
Best Small Cappuccino Maker: Yabano Espresso And Cappuccino Maker Review
Yabano is an espresso and cappuccino maker with a maximum of 3.5 bar pressure. It’s the lightest stove top cappuccino maker on this list at only 4.7 pounds. It might be small, but it has ability to make 4 cups of espresso. It features a single knob that can be used to brew coffee or to froth milk.
- 3.5 bar pressure;
- Lightweight; 4.7 pounds;
- Frothing wand for creamy milk froth;
- Ease of cleaning; removable tray;
- No tamper included.
Best Affordable Cappuccino Maker: Vremi Stovetop VRM010010N Espresso Maker Review
VREMI Espresso Maker is compact, so you can take it with you anywhere. With a stovetop cappuccino maker, you don’t have to miss your espresso shot when you’re away from home. It only takes five minutes to prepare your daily dose of espresso. This model is made of aluminum body and rubberized handle for convenient handling.
- Stovetop cappuccino maker;
- Prepares 6 espresso cups;
- Compatible with electric or gas burner;
- Portable; bring it with you to the campsite;
- Very pocket-friendly.
- This unit is not dishwasher-friendly.
Buyer’s Guide: Best Cappuccino Machine
Difference Between Coffee and Cappuccino
Let us break down the differences between coffee and cappuccino. When do you need to get your dose of caffeine, which one do you usually have? Are you in the coffee or cappuccino team?
Coffee is a beverage made of ground coffee beans. Milk is optional and can be added according to taste and depending on what kind of drink it is. If you walk up to your barista and ask for coffee, you will be asked to choose between black coffee and coffee with cream. It is usually served in a cup or a paper cup.
The method of bean cultivation and kind of roast result in distinct flavors. Roasted coffee beans and ground ones are available in coffee shops. Instant coffee powder is produced from the brewed liquid. Bitterness and acidity levels are different depending on the coffee type.
On the other hand, cappuccino is an espresso-based beverage prepared by combining brewed coffee, milk and froth on top. It’s typically served in a tall glass to appreciate the layering. It’s also possible to request for a double shot for a stronger coffee taste.
Cappuccino has a low-acid flavor. Precise proportions still highlight the strong flavor of espresso. If too much milk is added, it’ll turn into a latte. Add too little and it’ll be a cup of traditional macchiato.
How to Choose the Best Cappuccino Machine?
After being introduced to the three types of cappuccino machines, there are still more considerations before you find the perfect kitchen equipment.
How many cups of coffee is your dosage? And how fast do you need them? If you don’t expect a lot of guests, you don’t have to buy a machine with a dual boiler. Pod types are cheap dirt compared to fully automated types. Of course, if it’s made with more stainless steel, the price will get higher.
- Single boilers
- Heat exchange boilers
- Dual boilers
Constant temperature, as well as speed, allows better performance.
Single Boilers are usually featured in basic cappuccino machines. Steaming milk and extracting cannot be done at the same time because there’s a lever switch between these two functions. Of course, it means you need more time before you can enjoy your drink. The temperature has to be high enough for steaming milk. After steaming, you have to kill some time and let the boiler cool down before you can finally start extracting. Rushing will only result in burnt coffee. Heat stability is compromised by switching between hot and cool temperatures.
Heat exchange boiler types are pretty much alike single boilers but have a thermo-block feature, water is heated in a shorter time using coils. A pair of thermo-blocks allows simultaneous steaming and extraction. Mid-range machines are often rigged with this type of boiler.
Dual boilers have separate ones for steaming and extraction, which means faster brewing. The pressure output is also high, and the water temperature remains constant. High-end machines have this boiler type.
Best Cappuccino Machine Types
We know that’s it’s important for you to choose the best coffee machine. This section will name the different kinds of machines and their pros and cons.
Super Automatic = Freshly Brewed Coffee + Convenient Operation
An automatic cappuccino machine is a very expensive option, but it combines the best features of the pod and semi-automatic types to be the best cappuccino machine. It is convenient to use like pod types, and it produces fresh beverage just like a semi-automatic type. Most if not all functions are automated: grinding whole beans, making milk froth, extracting espresso, and pouring. The more expensive it is, the more it automates.
Semi-automatic = Freshly Brewed Coffee
This type is best suited for people who want to copy barista-style coffee. It requires you to manually operate and move around like a barista as you see them behind the counter. You have to steam the milk, grind the coffee beans, and extract the espresso. You might have to continue practicing before you learn by heart how to prepare coffee with these machines.
Semi-automatic types are a little expensive with their superb boiler system and sturdy build. However, to ensure you make the perfect cup, you also have to get a good grinder. For example, if you buy a Brentwood espresso and cappuccino maker, you have to buy a good coffee grinder with it. No matter how good your machine is if you have a bad grinder, the result at best will be an average cup of beverage.
Pod Type = Convenient Operation
This type is a perfect choice for you if you are looking for low maintenance and easy to clean machine. It uses coffee pods, and it features an automated milk froth. Every shot has the same taste because this machine highlights consistency. Buying coffee pods is a lot cheaper than getting a coffee grinder.
Some time ago, people had no choice but to buy pods from where they bought the machine. Nowadays, there are plenty of pod sellers and the selection of flavors has also expanded.
How to Make Cappuccino Art?
The cappuccino froth can be decorated to express art. Coffee making itself is a form of art, but you can also make a pleasing presentation. Some people may use cocoa powder, cinnamon powder, or vanilla powder to cap the froth nicely. You can sprinkle them or borrow a technique from baristas who upload their videos on YouTube.
Pouring is another technique used by baristas, but even they have to practice a lot to perfect this art. Here’s an easy one: after extracting, pour the steamed milk circularly to incorporate it, and then make a circle of milk in the middle of the cup. Finally, swiftly pour across the pattern and raise the milk jug to stop pouring. The result should be a heart-shaped design.
For us, BREVILLE the Barista Express BES870CBXL is the best cappuccino machine 2020. It’s quite expensive, but you will get your money’s worth with all the features packed in this automatic cappuccino machine. Start making and drinking your cappuccinos at the comfort of your home.
All of the models in this list are sure winners. Aside from cappuccino maker reviews, we also have reviews on other kitchen gadgets and appliances. Don’t forget to check us out: MyKitchenAdvisor.