TOP 10 best bread machine: Comparison Chart
In terms of the features and operation, this is one of the simplest options. After adding the ingredients, you can pick the desired loaf size — 1.5lb or 2lb. If you are very particular about the crust, then there are 3 modes — light, medium, and dark. Finally, there is a timer that lets you set the expected delay, and you are good to go. The non-stick bread pan is dishwasher safe. Using the appliance as well as cleaning it are also simple jobs for beginners.
If a budget-friendly all-rounder is what you need, this is a great beginner-friendly design you can choose.
Why We Like It
- Quick no-yeast mode is convenient and healthy
- Features multiple crust settings
- Non-slip profile ensures that the machine doesn’t move while kneading
- Machine stays cool to touch enhancing the safety of use
- Different settings allow handling different recipes
Modern from the inside out, this is a fully customizable best multi cooker suitable for all types of users. Cakes to sweetbread and jam, this one contains multiple modes. Finding several such applications, this one has 3 crust settings and 13-hour delay timer. Nonstick coated pan ensures that the prepared loaf doesn’t stick to the pan and also provides a more consistent heating process.
As a bread baking machine with solid construction and plenty of features, this is an excellent addition to all modern kitchens.
Why We Like It
- With 10 different modes, it is possible to prepare different types of bread
- Easy to use
- 13-hour delay function keeps your dish ready when you want it
- Durable construction quality makes it suitable for regular use
With multiple automated features, this one lets you carry out everything from kneading to baking in a few simple steps. Like other options in this segment, you get 3 different crust settings and 3 loaf sizes to choose from. The bright LCD is visible in different ambient light conditions. Easy tactile buttons allow convenient switching between modes. When the bread is ready, it automatically switches to a one-hour keep-warm mode. Its vertical design ensures that it doesn’t take up too much space on the counter.
With versatile options like automatic keep-warm function, this is an appliance that fully automates and simplifies the preparation of baked items.
Why We Like It
- Delivers rich crust texture and color
- Peep window lets you track progress
- Ultra-fast mode shortens the baking time significantly
- Features a bright interior light
- Multiple audible notifications add to the ease of use
As a programmable appliance, you can pick from 14 inbuilt functions. Artisan bread to rolls and a variety of other recipes are convenient to tackle with this product. One of the biggest attractions is its efficient express-bake mode. Besides this, you can also decide whether you like your crust dark or medium or light. Easy click buttons allow convenient access to the various modes and even help you set delays if required. When the bread is ready, it beeps to let you know.
For those looking for an easy user interface on a dinner rolls maker, this one comes as an easy pick.
- LCD shows the baking progress
- Non-stick pan is light and easy to handle
- Large viewing window lets you see the appliance do its job
- Black exteriors might be challenging to maintain clean
As a competitively priced option, this one comes with all the necessary features you might look for on a small bread machine. With the capacity of handling up to 2lb of a loaf, this one carries 12 different modes for automated operation. The overall design keeps user convenience in focus. Toggling between functions is easy and quick. Cleaning is also simple thanks to the non-stick aluminum pan design. For deep cleaning, this one also comes with a removable lid on it.
With warm settings and multiple recipe options, this is a great entry-level choice for any beginner level baker.
- Features an energy-efficient 650watt design
- Convenient notification for adding nuts
- Quick mode prepares fresh bread within an hour
- Ability to cook pasta, jams, and even unbaked doughs
- Comes with long power cord
- Non-stick coating on the paddle wears off quickly with regular use
With the ability to create conventional loaf shape, this one has twin heaters and twin blades. This setup helps improve the texture of the kneaded dough. From timers to delay the baking process as well as options to alter the crust, there are plenty of features. Besides the conventional modes, this one lets you try unique recipes like gluten-free, sugar-free, and salt-free versions. It can, therefore, be your go-to option if you have a large budget to afford.
This is a fully-loaded professional bakery machine that lets you prepare your loaf effortlessly and consistently every single time.
- Horizontal bread machine pan lets you get the perfect loaf shape
- Crystal bright display displays multiple parameters for convenience
- Inbuilt memory enables you to add 3 additional modes
- Delivers uniform textures
- You cannot alter the loaf size on this
With the ability to handle up to 2lb of a loaf, this is a very good option. You can also use this simply to knead the dough for cookie or pasta. Besides multiple dough and dessert modes like jam preparation, the consistency makes this a great appliance to work with. You can keep track of the dough and see how it rises through the window. As a durable machine with essential features, this is a long term option for the singles who love to bake fresh.
If you need something small and light for a small family, then this is one of the top-rated bread machines in the segment.
- The convenience of choosing textures — firm, soft and regular
- Perfect for dough
- Cool touch body
- Includes healthy recipes
- Unreliable pan lock
As a family-friendly model, this one can bake up to 2.5lb loaf. This one also adds a variety of intuitive features. There are an automatic fruit and nut dispenser that adds the crunchy ingredients when the dough is ready. Therefore, you do not have to worry about missing this step or waiting for the beep. Besides a handy express bake mode, there are other exciting options like a crusty loaf and more. There is a collapsible paddle so that you do not have to remove the paddle before baking.
Another expensive choice with the best bread machine ratings this one can be a dependable choice for a family kitchen.
- You can toggle the audible alarm off
- Light button lets you turn it on when needed
- Large display for better menu navigation
- Progress bar shows the stages
- Loaded with 46 recipes for convenience
- Vibrates a little while running
- Occupies a lot of space on the counter
As an excellent looking automatic bread maker, this one comes with an easy lift baking pan for ease of handling and cleaning. You can simply follow the instructions for recipes and choose from the preset modes. Multiple programmable features include loaf size selection and crust settings. It lets you bake gluten-free goodies for those with allergies. Even lighter versions are easy to create with this product. Besides various kneading and baking modes, there is also a rising mode for when you decide to store the dough for the future.
If you are new to the concept of the programmable bread maker and need something straightforward, this one works like a charm.
- Elegant stainless steel build
- Exterior finish is durable
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Comes with multiple accessories
- Can handle 14 versatile modes
- The loaf appears uneven at times
- The paddle leaves a large tear in some modes
A small footprint makes this a natural choice even if you have narrow counter space. The consistent texture of the vertical loaves makes this a worthy consideration. It comes with fully automated programs that let you choose the recipe you like and then relax as the machine does its job. Durable build and the stable operation enables you to use this regularly for all your baking needs. The components also last for long without showing signs of wear with frequent use of the appliance.
As a petite machine, this one packs a lot of power under its hood and can be a handy choice for any bread-lover.
- Includes international bread-types
- Predictable results even with light crust options
- Controls are easy to understand
- Clear user-guide comes in the package
- Dough mode doesn’t come with delay setting
- Paddle is not fully non-stick
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About the best bread machine
Is homemade bread healthy?
You can quickly whip up a healthy recipe at home. Conventional methods that use all-purpose flour for making sandwiches can be easy to prepare. Besides this, you can also make healthy versions like those with wheat or multigrain.
Are bread machines safe?
Yes, most of them are quite similar to a compact oven in terms of their performance. For regular use, the bread machine without Teflon can be a reliable and safe choice.
Benefits of using a bread machine
Like the best multi-cooker, this is another useful appliance with a host of perks
- It saves a lot of time
- Kneading is not required
- It shortens the rising time
How to use a bread machine
Most of them come with a simple 3-step process
- Add ingredients with the given measuring cup for recipes
- Choose the appropriate mode and settings
- Wait for the audible notification once the bread is ready
How to Choose the best bread machine
A quality bread maker doesn’t always have to be huge. Slim and compact ones are also readily available for small kitchens. You can pick something like the mini bread machine on our list if you have a small kitchen instead of a large bread machine.
This is the kind of appliance that you might not always leave on your countertop unless you plan to use it daily. Therefore, pick something light enough to carry.
A small loaf bread machine that can create a 1lb loaf would be suitable for singles. For a family, an average size of loaf could be 2lbs, to make a long term purchase.
A gluten-free bread machine is a versatile addition as it can be useful for those with allergies. These can also handle conventional recipes besides this healthy variant.
From medium to light and dark different crusts can give different finishes. Pick one that lets you decide how you like your crust.
Number of courses
This indicates the programmable modes in the machine. The more the options, the less you have to meddle with the settings.
You can find a bread maker with a stainless steel pan or even aluminum or ceramic. Choosing corrosion-free non-stick durable pans to increase the life of the appliance.
This lets you delay the process and keep the dish ready when you need it in the morning or say when you come back home. You then take it out and preserve it in the best bread box ready to use. This makes sure that the prepared item doesn’t sit in the machine for too long before you can take it out.
The budget doesn’t have to be a turn off as there are several choices in the best bread machine 2020 charts, which are below $100.
Best bread machine types
As one of the best kitchen appliances to buy for a family, this one comes in two main configurations.
- Vertical bread machine — occupying very little space. This is the tall type that you commonly find.
- Horizontal bread machine — with a horizontal loaf bread machine you get the traditional rectangular shaped loaf
Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020
Whatever be the style of bread you like to bake, there are plenty of choices available. With automated modes to reduce the hassle of choosing the settings, these reduce the time and effort. Considering all the features, Hamilton Beach Programmable Bread Maker with 12 Settings + Gluten Free is our best pick from the best bread maker reviews. With simple modes and multiple loaf sizes to pick, this is one of the best pocket-friendly choices as well. As a high-value purchase, this one solves the needs of bread-making in a family. Taking all these factors into consideration, we found this to be our top recommendation for the best bread machine 2020. Check out mykitchenadvisor for more ideas on kitchen appliances.