- 1 Top 10 Best Boning Knives: Comparison Chart
- 1.1 Best overall: Mercer Culinary Millennia Boning Knife Review
- 1.2 Ergonomic Handle: Victorinox 47602 Boning Knife Review
- 1.3 High-carbon Steel: Dexter-Russell S131F-6PCP Boning Knife Review
- 1.4 Ice-Hardened Blade: Zwilling J.A. Henckels Professional Boning Knife Review
- 1.5 High Carbon German Steel: TUO Cutlery Boning Knife Review
- 1.6 Ultra-durable: PAUDIN Super Sharp Boning Knife Review
- 1.7 Military Grade Handle: SKY LIGHT Flexible Boning Knife Review
- 1.8 Handcrafted in Japan: Shun Cutlery Classic Boning Knife Review
- 1.9 High Tech From Tip to Handle: Global Boning Knife Review
- 1.10 Safe And Healthy: Imarku Boning Knife Review
- 2 A Comprehensive Buyer’s Guide
- 3 Answering Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Verdict and our Recommendation of 2020
Top 10 Best Boning Knives: Comparison Chart
Best overall: Mercer Culinary Millennia Boning Knife Review
- Ergonomic handle – a combination of Santoprene for comfort and polypropylene for durability
- Textured finger points provide slip resistance, grip, and safety. Protective finger guard.
- Hand wash knives for blade edge and surface care
- The highest quality Japanese steel allows for easy blade maintenance and rapid sharpening for a razor-sharp edge
- One-piece high-carbon, stain-resistant Japanese steel
Ergonomic Handle: Victorinox 47602 Boning Knife Review
- VERSATILE DE-BONING TOOL. Trim or remove meat from the bone with ease. This knife's pointed tip easily pierces meat while the curved-edge allows for smooth, clean cuts close to and around the bone.
- IDEAL FOR DELICATE CUTS. Delicate poultry and fish can be difficult to debone with accuracy. The curved yet flexible blade allows for a better working angle when cutting fish or thin cuts of meat that are more intricate to bone and easily pierced.
- EASY HANDLING. This knife features an ergonomic Fibrox Pro handle for a non-slip grip -- even when wet. This exceptional knife is weighted and balanced for easy handling and comfort.
- KNIFE DIMENSIONS. Stainless steel blade -- 6" in length. Meets the strict National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) standards for public health protection.
- TRUSTED SWISS QUALITY. Expertly crafted in Switzerland in 1884, Victorinox provides a lifetime guarantee against defects in material and workmanship. Making a lifetime commitment has never been so easy.
High-carbon Steel: Dexter-Russell S131F-6PCP Boning Knife Review
- Curved, flexible blade
- Grip-Tex handle for user safety
- Handle sealed around blade to make knife easy to keep clean
- Made of high-carbon steel
- Blade Length: 6"
Ice-Hardened Blade: Zwilling J.A. Henckels Professional Boning Knife Review
- Manufactured in Germany
- Special formula high carbon no stain steel
- Sigma forge knife is forged from a single piece of solid steel
- Ice-hardened friodur blade starts sharper stays sharper Longer and has superior resilience
- Precision-honed blade and laser-controlled edge ensures ideal cutting angle for sharpness and durability
High Carbon German Steel: TUO Cutlery Boning Knife Review
- 【Well-Designed Chinese Boning Knife】Fiery Phoenix was selected as one of the world-best kitchen knives by wiki.ezvid.com. Fiery Series 7 inch Boning knife is suitable for skinning fish and trimming meat with the flexible blade. It is perfect for working with delicate precision task of boning and filleting fish and poultry. The narrow, ultra-thin blade flexes as you cut, offering deft control and maximum yield of meat.
- 【Best Kitchen Performance Steel】Adopted German High-carbon Stainless steel, it promises you the blade won’t rust over time in most of the circumstances and easy to resharpen. The steel is precisely processed with precise heat treatment at HRC56±2, which allows you more robust with great edge retention. Most importantly, the edge won’t chip easily.
- 【Razor-Sharp Blade】The edge is hand sharpened by highly-skilled knife smiths using the traditional 3-step Honbazuke method, each side of the blade is honed at 18 degrees. This razor-sharp blade provides for unmatched efficiency. Your work in the kitchen is done in no time!
- 【High-Tech Packwood Handle】The full tang handle is made from our Patent Pending high technology composited high-density Packwood. Compare to other Packwood, it is way more stable and sanitary, No matter how bad the kitchen environment is, it will be no shrimp, no expansion, no crack like traditional wood and Packwood handle, which assures you the best food safety. Furthuremore, it also looks much more luxurious and beautiful than other kitchen knife brands' handle.
- 【100% SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE】 All TUO Cutlery products ar under our life time Warranty Try it risk free, we know you'll love it! With the luxury packing it is also the wise choice as a gift.
Ultra-durable: PAUDIN Super Sharp Boning Knife Review
- WELL-DESIGNED BONING KNIFE: This petty kitchen knife is a multifunctional kitchen cutlery. PAUDIN boning knife is built to ensures de-boning, preparing, filleting, skinning, trimming and butterflying all your favorite meats is not only easier but more efficient and satisfying. It truly is an ideal Gift for any Home or Professional Cook.
- PREMIUM MATERIAL: This professional meat knife is made from high-quality German stainless steel. The Premium stainless steel with good rust-resistance, wear-resistance corrosion resistance and long-lasting performance. And the special waved pattern blade is particularly and strikingly (5Cr15 Move stainless steel kitchen knives, not real Damascus).
- RAZOR SHARP EDGE: The narrow edge is honed by hands at 15 cutting degrees per side shows minimal slicing resistance and extreme performance. And the cutting core reaches at 56+ Rockwell Hardness. This flexible fish knife is a cost-effective knife that suitable for skinning fish and trimming meat with the flexible blade, provide a most comfortable cooking experience.
- ERGONOMIC PAKKAWOOD HANDLE: The blade of the fillet knife is integrated with the soft and comfortable handle, creating the perfect grip; The ergonomics shape enables the right balance between the handle and the thin blade, ensuring ease of movement.
- TRUSTED PAUDIN QUALITY: We offer 100% SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK policy against defects, try it risk free. For any problems, please contact us and we will reply you immediately to solve all of your worries.
Military Grade Handle: SKY LIGHT Flexible Boning Knife Review
- Multi Purpose Boning Knife - The narrow and precisely curved blade offers manoeuvrability around bones, joints and skin to remove and separate delicate meats, and makes the knife ideal for de-boning, de-scaling, filleting, skinning and trimming
- Peak Performance Sharp Edge - 17°angle per side, Hand Polished by seasoned craftsman, Nitrogen cooled for enhanced hardness, flexibility and corrosion resistance to help you make your best cut
- German High Carbon Stainless Steel - Precisely forged by extraordinary quality stainless steel X50CrMoV15 / 1.4116 at 58+ Rockwell Hardness to ensure its wear resistance, durability, rust and stain resistance etc
- Military Grade High Polymer Handle - Highly impervious to heat, cold and moisture. Ergonomic handle for superior hand control, agility and comfort. No more Popeye's arm at all
- SKY LIGHT Lifetime Warranty - 100% SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. Try it risk free. SKY LIGHT, your faithful companion on your way towards master's throne
Handcrafted in Japan: Shun Cutlery Classic Boning Knife Review
- Damascus-clad blade offers close, easy cutting; narrow blade reduces drag to perform boning and filleting tasks quickly; features authentic, high-performance VG-MAX steel to boost edge retention
- Easily fillet fish using razor-sharp blade; smoothly glide knife through body of fish to quickly remove bones and skin; 6-inch length moves easily through cut and expertly maximizes performance
- Precise knife slices effortlessly to separate meat from bone; curved blade cuts close beside bone; extremely sharp edge trims fibrous tissues or skin off tenderloin, roast, and other cutlets
- D-Shaped handle allows secure grip for excellent control; made of ebony PakkaWood, handle is functional and beautiful; blade and handle complement one another to create a stunning kitchen essential
- Premium, durable knife provides professional results in both expert and beginner kitchens; can be handled by culinary geniuses, moms, dads, grandparents, party hosts, entertainers or aspiring chefs
High Tech From Tip to Handle: Global Boning Knife Review
- Lightweight, precisely balanced 6-1/4-inch boning knife with flexible blade
- Edge retains razor sharpness exceptionally well, hand wash only, Dry thoroughly
- Stainless-steel handle molded for Comfort, dimpled for safe grip
Safe And Healthy: Imarku Boning Knife Review
- 【Sharp narrow blade】 - iMarku Boning Knife is made of high-carbon German stainless steal to provide maximum sharpness, edge retention and corrosion resistance. Properly balanced to allow precise close-to-bone slicing
- 【Outstanding performance 】- Ultra-sharp German super steel at 56±2 Rockwell hardness for extraordinary performance and long-lasting sharpness. The exceptionally strong and durable blade ensures efficient de-boning, preparing, filleting, skinning, trimming and butterflying
- 【Ergonomic pakka handle】 - The ergonomically designed and polished Pakkawood handle is durable, non-slip, easy to clean, comfortable, and very beautiful. Provides max control of movements with minimum effort
- 【Hand washing recommended】 - Rinse and clean the knife thoroughly with a soft cloth. Dishwashing is not recommended as it may damage the precise- cutting edge
- 【Lifetime guarantee 】- Buy with confidence knowing this knife is covered with a 100% SATISFACTION MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE. Try it risk free. No questions asked full refunds. We know you’ll love it
A Comprehensive Buyer’s Guide
Yes, there is more. Or did you think this is the end of it? Dear readers, superficial information is inferior and we try to stay away from imparting such futile knowledge. So read on to find out more about the best boning knife for you.
What Are the Advantages of a Boning Knife?
Often people ask why can’t they just use their regular knife for the same purpose. Well, that is because a flexible boning knife is much slimmer and easy to handle. Your regular knife will take ages to do the same job sans the precision.
Its thin blade cuts the meat sharp and wastes as little as possible. With your boning knife, you can remove the bone most conveniently. It also exposes you to the least risk of injury.
Difference Between Fillet Knife and Boning Knife
To begin with, a fish fillet knife separates the meat from the skin but a boning knife will separate the meat from the bone. The blade in a knife is wider than a fillet knife.
However, a boning fillet knife apparently performs both the functions. But you must be very careful while you buy such a product. Make sure it is light, curved, and well forged.
How to Make the Right Choice?
According to the boning knife reviews, one must be alert about a number of things before you make a purchase like flexibility, material, etc. Go on and learn about these minutes and do not get fooled by promotional videos and advertisements.
Blade and Handle
The blade of a knife is very important, even more so if it is a boning knife. The best professional boning knife comes with the hardest blade. Remember, the harder the steel the better it is. Stainless steel blades are something to look out for but blades made of carbon steel are harder and thus more durable. However, stainless steel is less prone to get oxidized.
Maintaining your boning knife is very important. Whenever you wash it, dry it at once. This will help to prevent any rust to form on your knife.
There are several flexibility levels when it comes to a boning knife:
- Stiff Boning Knives
Stiff boning knives work well with fishes like salmon and tuna. A fillet knife for saltwater fish is great for deboning smaller fishes. Use a fillet on such fish for better grip and best results.
- Flexible Boning Knives
This kind of knife works great with cutting the meat around the small bones and cartilage. You can use it for chicken, smaller birds, and to cut pork or beef into smaller pieces. It beautifully carves out the meat and fat leaving minimum to wastage.
- Semi-flexible Boning Knives
Your semi-flexible boning knife will help you with ribs, beef, and larger pieces of meat. Using thinner knives on tough bones can lead to the dulling of your blade.
The average size of the blade in the best boning knife for butchers ranges between 5 to 6.5 inches. You may choose a smaller one if you are new in the field and large knives frighten you. But it is best to choose a professional one as they deliver the best results. However, delicate working on smaller bones will require smaller blades of course.
Even larger knives are available in the market for special purposes. The best boning knife for deer is the one which is 7 to 9 inches in size.
Answering Frequently Asked Questions
How to Use a Boning Knife?
There are several ways in which a boning knife can be used. We have enumerated the easiest way to handle your knife:
- Place your meat on the chopping board and locate the bone.
- Cut along the length of your bone with the tip first making an incision.
- Move the blade in sawing motion in a straight angle.
- After the clean-cut, scrape out any remaining bits of meat stuck to the bone.
- After removing the meat from the bone, trim off any fat from the edges to give it a clean look.
How to Sharpen Your Boning Knife?
A whetstone for your knife is a great option when it comes to increasing the sharpness of your blade. This traditional way of sharpening is the best way. Slide your knife on the stone in a 15-degree angle and strike it for 12 to 14 times. You can always take an e-tutorial to learn it the right way. Make sure you sharpen your knife from time to time to keep the edge intact. A good knife is a great investment and if you wish to reap the best benefits you have to take good care of it.
Verdict and our Recommendation of 2020
There are several affordable boning knives in the market with great reviews and ratings. Recently Japanese boning knife is a thing quite in vogue. However, no matter which variety you want to opt for, keep in mind the criteria that we mentioned in the above sections. What are you waiting for? Go get the best boning knife 2020 for your kitchen today itself.