- 1 What is Black Tea?
- 2 Black Tea Varieties: a Brief Overview
- 3 Top Black Tea Brands
- 4 FAQ
- 5 Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020
What is Black Tea?
It is the most robust variety amongst all the types, made from the leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant. It has a rich flavor and a strong aroma that depends on the nature of the leaf used. One can drink black tea brands both as a medical base or a standard beverage. It is accessible in the form of bags, loose leaves, cakes, and balls.
What is Black Tea Good for?
- L-theanine present in it soothes anxiety and reduces stress.
- It slows down the onset of diseases like Alzheimer’s.
- It keeps heart diseases, high cholesterol, and low blood pressure at bay.
- It lowers the risk of obesity and strokes.
- It has an antibacterial action that prevents the growth of harmful bacteria in your gut.
- It also stimulates the formation of good bacteria that keeps your digestive tract healthy.
- It contains antioxidants that counteract free radical damage, which in turn slows down skin aging.
- It helps in reducing skin inflammations and keeps your skin firm.
Black Tea Varieties: a Brief Overview
Indian Black Teas
|Assam Black Tea||Assam, in India, is the largest tea-producing region in the entire world. Therefore, it is one of the best black tea brand with a rich malty taste. It requires a tropical climate with plenty of rainfall. People with high blood pressure can enjoy it without any risk|
|Darjeeling Black Tea||It originates in the high mountainous region of West Bengal in India. Some people compare it to champagne because of its pleasant aroma and delicate flavor. Typically, it is harvested four times a year, starting from early spring to late fall.|
|Nilgiri Black Tea||It originates in the Western Ghats Mountain in India. It offers a slightly sweet and fruity flavor along with a medium brown color. You can brew it easily without any cloudy or bitter aftertaste. So you can also enjoy it with milk and ice.|
Chinese Black Teas
|Keemun Black Tea||Keemun or Qimen Hongcha is the exclusive black tea brand of the Anhui province of China. This high-quality beverage is famous among connoisseurs because of its strong flavor, similar to wine. Still, it has a fruity or floral aroma like unsweetened chocolate. It is also useful in reducing high levels of cholesterol and blood pressure.|
|Yunnan Black Tea||The Yunnan province of China produces this variety, and it is also known as Dianhong. It contains a high concentration of delicate leaf buds known as golden tips. It typically has a brassy orange color that turns brown after brewing.|
|Lapsang Souchong||People often compare it with whiskey because it features a flavor that has a strong hint of tobacco and pine. It originates in the high altitudes of the Wuyi Mountains in Fuji. It has a unique production process that involves drying of leaves over a burning pine fire.|
Sri Lankan Black Tea
|Ceylon Black Tea||It originates at higher altitudes and has a rich golden color and better quality. It is best known for its intense flavors and the deep black color produced after being brewed.|
Black Tea Blends
English Breakfast Tea
- It is a concoction made with Assam, Kenyan, and Ceylon varieties.
- It has a robust flavor that goes well with milk and sugar.
Irish Breakfast Tea
- It is a blend of different popular tea brands of Assam tea.
- It is dark red to brown and requires a generous amount of milk.
Earl Grey Tea
- This infusion has a tangy flavor as it contains bergamot orange.
- It is an original Chinese recipe but has become one of the best black tea in the world.
- This infusion contains several spices like cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, etc. in a perfect balance.
- Masala chai is an ideal beverage for people who like to experiment with their pekoe.
Top Black Tea Brands
It has a wide range of available variations like green tea brand, matcha, decaffeinated, herbal, and diet. Prices start from $2 for a 25-pack and can go up to $6 for a 100-pack.
- Lipton Black Tea Bags are picked at the peak of freshness for a naturally smooth taste
- Carefully selected and fresh-pressed tea leaves capture as much natural tea taste as possible
- Sturdy, secure lock-box for easy storage, and wrapped Stay Fresh tea trays help preserve great tea taste and aroma
- Like other hot and iced tea, wine and cocoa, Lipton Tea contains flavonoids Consuming flavonoids as part of your everyday diet can help maintain a healthy heart
- Lipton Black Tea is made with only 100% Rainforest Alliance certified tea bags
This brand offers a plethora of herbal blends. The pack sizes vary from 40-100 bags per packet and are available in the form of multipacks. The price range starts from $2.70 and goes up to $11 for a single pack.
- FRESH FLAVOR: One box of 100 Earl Grey tea bags. Brighten up your day with the distinctive taste and aroma of this classic tea. Steep for three minutes for the perfect cup of earl grey tea.
- ONLY THE FINEST QUALITY: Our expert blenders source only the finest leaves cultivated to our exacting standards by trusted growers around the world. From these tea gardens we hand-select the leaves that will shape your next Twinings moment.
- EARL GREY TEA: Fresh, fragrant and flavored with distinctive notes of citrus and bergamot, this Earl Grey tea has all the taste of the original.
- RICH HISTORY: In 1706 Thomas Twining began selling fine tea from an English storefront in The Strand, London. Today, Twinings still sells some of the world's best teas from the original store and in more than 100 countries throughout the world.
- HAND SELECTED FOR YOUR HOME: Made without artificial ingredients, Twinings natural teas provide a wholesome tea experience. If you enjoy Bigelow Tea, Lipton Tea, Harney & Sons Tea, Davidson's Tea, or Prince of Peace Tea - try Twining's of London Tea.
It produces a line of full-flavored rich top tea brands that you can enjoy anytime you want. It is available in a pack of 100 bags. The prices are more affordable and range from $2.70 and $5.90.
- Best By Date Reads As: DAY/MONTH/YEAR On All Australian and British Food Products
It has a wide variety of best black tea bags and offers blends like Ceylon and Earl Grey. The price range starts from $3.40 for 50 bags and goes up to $10 for 200 bags.
- Single Origin 100% Pure Ceylon Tea
- Ethically Grown & Packed in Sri Lanka
- Finely balanced richness, flavour, strength & aroma for the perfect tea.
- Tea Grade - Broken Orange Pekoe (B.O.P)
According to the black tea brand reviews, it produces one of the freshest and the finest collection of organic blends and leaves. A pack of Tetley can cost $2.50-5.30, depending on the size.
- A full bodied, rich, and invigorating blend of Kenyan and Assam teas for an authentic English breakfast cuppa
- Be it full English or a slice of toast, our British Blend is the perfect tea to accompany your hearty breakfast
- Deliciously rich and robust premium black tea blend that's perfect hot or iced
- Place opened packages in an airtight container and store in a cool, dry area
- Drinking tea is a great way to help keep your body hydrated and is naturally low in calories
Why Black Tea?
It is available in a large number of flavors. You can try it from several countries to discern which ones suit you the most.
What is the Suitable Temperature For Brewing Tea?
The ideal temperature for brewing is 200 and 212 F.
What is the Required Water Quality?
Filtered or spring water will give you the best flavor. Tap water carries chemicals that can modify the taste.
Blended vs. Single Tea: Which to Choose?
If you like to drink a strong cup of your favorite beverage, it’s better to go for single. Blends taste better with additives like milk, sweeteners, honey, etc.
Is Loose Leaf Tea or Tea Bags Better?
Loose leaves are better than a tea bag. The CTC or the Cut-Tear-Crush method used to make these bags does not let the flavors develop. Though it is cheaper than loose leaves, it lacks in quality. In loose leaves, the tastes are more refined and delicate because of the long production process.
Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020
Your inclinations and liking will help you to decide the best one for yourself ultimately. However, Breakfast in Paris is currently one of the best black tea brand 2020. It has all the benefits of an excellent beverage, along with a slight aroma of lavender.